Central Dept Store Platinum Mastercard-good Value?

Has anyone applied for and received the new Central Platinum Mastercard? Is it worth the B4000 annual fee? (by the way, this is not an "invitiation only" card (like stated in the promo posters), its a card that you apply for....

I understand with each card you get all kinds of discounts and access to a Platinum lounge and parking at the Central stores and you also get a free "Priority Pass" card for complimentary access to over 450 airport lounges around the world. Is that right? If so, the B4,000 annual fee is worth it because the Priority Pass fee alone costs USD400 per year if purchased separately. Any thoughts?

Are any credit cards worth it ???

yes.

my "visa infinite" card pays me 5% interest for credit balances,a hefty limit (although I never go into debit, prefer to load it with cash and use it like a global ATM card) ,free and very substantial worldwide travel and medical insurance for me and my family, so many hotel/airline/rental perks I wont even start to describe them all....and for the annual fees I still get a superb return in value.

Edited by penelope

yes.

my "visa infinite" card pays me 5% interest for credit balances,a hefty limit (although I never go into debit, prefer to load it with cash and use it like a global ATM card) ,free and very substantial worldwide travel and medical insurance for me and my family, so many hotel/airline/rental perks I wont even start to describe them all....and for the annual fees I still get a superb return in value.

Penelope, the Visa Infinite card (its black right?) sounds interesting...did you get it in Thailand/Asia (or is it only available in the US/Europe?). If locally available, I might be interested in applying for it :o thanks!

yes.

Penelope, the Visa Infinite card (its black right?) sounds interesting...did you get it in Thailand/Asia (or is it only available in the US/Europe?). If locally available, I might be interested in applying for it :o thanks!

yes it is black.

i was a visa platinum holder from a nzl issuer bank, then was invited to the infinite card.

platinum is pretty good too.you just have to assess the cost vs value for what you use it for.

Has anyone applied for and received the new Central Platinum Mastercard?  Is it worth the B4000 annual fee?  (by the way, this is not an "invitiation only" card (like stated in the promo posters), its a card that you apply for....

I understand with each card you get all kinds of discounts and access to a Platinum lounge and parking at the Central stores and you also get a free "Priority Pass" card for complimentary access to over 450 airport lounges around the world.  Is that right?  If so, the B4,000 annual fee is worth it because the Priority Pass fee alone costs USD400 per year if purchased separately.  Any thoughts?

Could be worth it but check the small print. :o

Re the "Priority Pass" which is issued by the IAPA.(I had one)...£60 for worldwide access sounds good but i think that you maybe just maybe find that this level of membership only givesyou access to the lounges (usually not the biggies..BA-Thai etc)and you may have to pay for every visit (again usually about £15 a go)

Probabally got "free" travel insurance with it as well but as above might be limited to just your flights.....and Thai buses-Tukies etc :D:D

yes it is black.

i was a visa platinum holder from a nzl issuer bank, then was invited to the infinite card.

platinum is pretty good too.you just have to assess the cost vs value for what you use it for.

oic, they probably dont have Visa Infinites issued locally in Thailand yet...

Could be worth it but check the small print. :o

Re the "Priority Pass" which is issued by the IAPA.(I had one)...£60 for worldwide access sounds good but i think that you maybe just maybe find that this level of membership only givesyou access to the lounges (usually not the biggies..BA-Thai etc)and you may have to pay for every visit (again usually about £15 a go)

Probabally got "free" travel insurance with it as well but as above might be limited to just your flights.....and Thai buses-Tukies etc :D  :D

Thanks for the info....if the "Priority Pass" is of the lower level (the one that you must pay for each visit to an airport lounge) then Central's Platinum MC is not worth it....but if it's the top level (all visits free) then it might be worthwhile to me...I'll check the small print as you advise...thanks! :D