Orange Just Talk Schemes

psychosid10

i tried calling orange plans on 9305 and here is what the schemes are

1 . 25 satang per minute 24 hrs with real per second billing

2 . 50 satang per minute 24 hrs

3 . 1 Baht per minute 24 hrs

4 . 2 baht per minute with real per second billing from calls betwen 10 PM tp 6PM

Now my questions is

>> what is real per second billing ?

>> why would any one in this world choose option3 when he has option2 ?

>> which one would you choose if you had to ?

Edited by psychosid10

oh yes and maybe someone can do the same for the 1-2-call promotions. I was unable to understand that ridiculous english, spoken by a female voice as quickly as a machine-gun when dialing their *777. and same goes for the wannabe-english-speaking "call center". couldnt understand what they told me....their english is even more porr than mine :o and they have so many options.....people can get confused easily

4 . 2 baht per minute with real per second billing from calls betwen 10 PM tp 6PM

Now my questions is

All of the above promotions do NOT use real per second billing. I have an old promotion (you cannot get it anymore, but you can buy my SIMcard, I have one more) with real per second billing. With this SIMcard I pay 2 B/min for calls to 5 special numbers (that I can chose) and 5 B/min for all other calls. Real per second billing means: 2 B/min is actually 0.033 B/sec, a call of 10 seconds costs 0.33 Baht, 11 seconds 0.363 Baht etc. 5 B/min is actually 0.08 B/sec.

The opposite of real per second billing is per minute billing, eg 1 B/min, but a call of 10 seconds costs 1 B and a call of 61 seconds costs 2 Baht.

All of the above promotions are a mix: you pay 3 or 4 Baht per minute for the first 0,5 - 2 minutes with per minute billing, so your calls all have a minimum charge. The lowest minimum charge is the 2-Baht promotion, the highest minimum charge is the 0,25 Baht-promotion. During peak hours (5 pm - 11 pm, only the 2 Baht promotion has peak hours 6pm-10pm) the minimum charge is higher (eg instead of 3 b/min for the first 2 min they may charge 4 B/min for the first 2 min - with per minute billing).

After the initial "expensive" time - usually 1 or 2 minutes - you get the very cheap 1 B or even 0.25 B per min with real per second billing.

But most calls for most users last between one and 2 minutes!

Chose promotion 2 or 3, there is hardly any difference. Promotion 2 is cheaper than 3 for long calls (like 20 minutes), but you pay a Baht or two more for all your short calls - it averages out. If you make long calls very often, 2 is better, maybe even 1 (if you like to chat for hours). For normal usage I recommend option 3. Option 1 means, you have an expensive promotion for all those short calls, but when you chat with your mom upcountry you really don't have to watch the time (BTW I have noticed that calls made with option 2 usually break off after 5 minutes and I have to dial again - then this is really expensive. Another poster complained about the same phenomenon in another thread. I have never used option 1)

Call 1331 if you want to know the exact details, how much for the first 1 or 2 minutes, and how much during peak hours. Then you can calculate yourself what is best.

1-2-call: I don't like them, because they are more expensive in any case AND with Orange at least I know how much it costs (even if its complicated). With 12call costs depend on the location of the called party - if I am unlucky and I call someone who is not in Bkk and I don't know this, they charge more. I don't like this.

If you want 12call, freedom-plus is probably best (about 2,5 B/min)

Edited by uhuh

• 2 weeks later...

Now my questions is

All of the above promotions do NOT use real per second billing. I have an old promotion (you cannot get it anymore, but you can buy my SIMcard, I have one more) with real per second billing. With this SIMcard I pay 2 B/min for calls to 5 special numbers (that I can chose) and 5 B/min for all other calls. Real per second billing means: 2 B/min is actually 0.033 B/sec, a call of 10 seconds costs 0.33 Baht, 11 seconds 0.363 Baht etc. 5 B/min is actually 0.08 B/sec.

The opposite of real per second billing is per minute billing, eg 1 B/min, but a call of 10 seconds costs 1 B and a call of 61 seconds costs 2 Baht.

All of the above promotions are a mix: you pay 3 or 4 Baht per minute for the first 0,5 - 2 minutes with per minute billing, so your calls all have a minimum charge. The lowest minimum charge is the 2-Baht promotion, the highest minimum charge is the 0,25 Baht-promotion. During peak hours (5 pm - 11 pm, only the 2 Baht promotion has peak hours 6pm-10pm) the minimum charge is higher (eg instead of 3 b/min for the first 2 min they may charge 4 B/min for the first 2 min - with per minute billing).

After the initial "expensive" time - usually 1 or 2 minutes - you get the very cheap 1 B or even 0.25 B per min with real per second billing.

But most calls for most users last between one and 2 minutes!

Chose promotion 2 or 3, there is hardly any difference. Promotion 2 is cheaper than 3 for long calls (like 20 minutes), but you pay a Baht or two more for all your short calls - it averages out. If you make long calls very often, 2 is better, maybe even 1 (if you like to chat for hours). For normal usage I recommend option 3. Option 1 means, you have an expensive promotion for all those short calls, but when you chat with your mom upcountry you really don't have to watch the time (BTW I have noticed that calls made with option 2 usually break off after 5 minutes and I have to dial again - then this is really expensive. Another poster complained about the same phenomenon in another thread. I have never used option 1)

Call 1331 if you want to know the exact details, how much for the first 1 or 2 minutes, and how much during peak hours. Then you can calculate yourself what is best.

1-2-call: I don't like them, because they are more expensive in any case AND with Orange at least I know how much it costs (even if its complicated). With 12call costs depend on the location of the called party - if I am unlucky and I call someone who is not in Bkk and I don't know this, they charge more. I don't like this.

If you want 12call, freedom-plus is probably best (about 2,5 B/min)

forget my last post, everything has changed

Orange has now a new promotion 25 Satang/min with per minute billing and very low charges for the first minute (2 B, if the called party has Orange only 1 B, the second minute is 25 satang) 24 hours

This is by far the best price

problem: if you have a SIMcard where you get a "welcome bonus" (usually 50 B free airtime every month) and you change to this promotion you lose the welcome bonus. In most cases it will still be worth it to chose this promotion.

Promotions these days change every 2 or 3 weeks!

i cant believe I finally found someone at a 1-2-call shop who was able to speak English (this miracle happened at Seacon square) ....and hey, they have a new promotion.....THAKSIN seems to realize he cannot fool his customers any longer...... the deal is: 4 Baht for the first minute (which is still a lot, I know) but then after the first minute every minute costs only 20 Satang.....and the sms is 2 Baht.....by far the best what AIS had to offer so far.... this promotion plan is called SURE SURE......

ermmmm.......sorry for my stupid question......but this promotion goes for prepaid or postpaid ? and how much is the sms to national and international destinations with that plan ?

Prepaid. BTW this promotion is not on their website, it's new and available until 16 June.

I don't know the sms-prices, probably with Orange 3 B national/9 B international. Call 1331 or ask in an Orange Shop, the one in Siam Discovery has staff fluent in English