Hotels/ghs In Chiang Rai

barlinnie

Orchids Guest House off Jet Yod is clean and reasonably priced:

this is what the wikitravel website says about it:

Orchids Guesthouse 1012/3 Jedyod Road Muang (off Th Jet Yot). 15 new very clean, spotless double rooms with A/C, TV, free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea included at 350 Baht or 450 Baht at high season. Central location, quiet rooms, they also offer car, bicycles or motorcycle hire and trekking options with a lisenced guide. +66 (0)5371-8361.

The Tourist Inn in Jed Yod street is about 250 to 400B a night. I buy my bread there and only spoke to the manager this week.

Thecheaper rooms would be fine, no need for aircon this time of the year.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have looked it up but unfortunately cannot make an online booking and the telephone number I found on another website does not seem to working. Wherever we end up staying tomorrow night, I will look up the Tourist Inn and see if I can get the right number or email address from them, for our next trip. Thanks once again.

I'm not sure what you would consider "too expensive". The Wang Come Hotel is probably around 1400 a night. Not sure of the real rate because I have an "in" there that has always discounted pretty good for me. They also have different "grades" of rooms that have varying prices and I have usually taken the more expensive rooms. The less expensive rooms are comfortable too. Staff has always been first rate in my experience and I have had a LOT of experience there, staying sometimes as long as a month. It is a nice, clean place and is located downtown. Never had any trouble with street noises in the rooms I have had.

The Wiang Inn is a bit nicer but not enough nicer to justify the higher rates they have. I always recommend the Wang Come for any folks coming in to visit me and so far, have had no complaints. The rates change with the season. Give them a call. They have a website. There is a good chance that they have no vacancies right now. Popular place.

Last time I had friends staying at the Wangcome, they complained the rooms were small and stuffy.

also the rip off 20 baht for parking your car for about 4 minutes when going to Edisons doesn't seem justified comparing with 4 baht on the street for over an hour.

For those on a short term stay, who still compare with western pricing then it's rally cheap.

So, I definitly do not recommend the wangcome hotel.

On a side note, I was informed that the small streets at both entrances to Edisons are private roads belonging to the Wangcome.

http://www.baanbuaguesthouse.com/

<H2 class=FontHead1>

icon4.gifROOM RATES </H2>

icon1.pngicon1.pngicon1.png

Baan Bua Promotion !!

icon2.gif

ROOM

PRICE

ROOM_01.gif

ROOM + FAN

300 - 400 BHT / NIGHT

ROOM_02.gif

ROOM + AIR - CON

500 BHT / NIG

• 9 months later...

I am visiting CR in April for 4 nights. I am looking at a decent standard of hotel, central, in the 1,000 to 2,000 Baht price range.

I understand why a 'pinned' article is not appropriate as opinions change and such pinned items are usually bland references that you could find on Agoda or AtSiam.

I am interested in local opinion - I accept that can be flawed by being a resident's view rather than a tourist's view.

Having looked through 10 or so forum pages there seems to be a reluctance to make recommendations. Apart from kandahar I see nothing from local members.

The Wangcome looks like a hotel that would fit the bill - the Laluna doesn't.

I would welcome any thoughts on one or two other hotels that I should consider.

I am visiting CR in April for 4 nights. I am looking at a decent standard of hotel, central, in the 1,000 to 2,000 Baht price range.

I understand why a 'pinned' article is not appropriate as opinions change and such pinned items are usually bland references that you could find on Agoda or AtSiam.

I am interested in local opinion - I accept that can be flawed by being a resident's view rather than a tourist's view.

Having looked through 10 or so forum pages there seems to be a reluctance to make recommendations. Apart from kandahar I see nothing from local members.

Hi.!

I live about 1 km from Laluna-I really dont understand why tourist info-and the locals here,always recomand those resorts-prices from 1400-2000 baht pr, day-crazy, I think.

In the same street as Lalune,there is alot of resortvery nice places whit aircon and everything-I quess that you dont entendt to stay at your room all day long-but the price here is-350 baht pr, night.

Ok-I must then say, you have to take a tuk-tuk when you want to go to town-about 5-10 min.drive,but anyway-the other is crazy-thats my opinion about that-I mean-when you have a nice clean air-cooled room and everything for 350-then why spend 1400-2000.?

Yes, ofcourse, if you will stay alot at the resort, and want that service they can offer-ok.

This is really a nice place, 5km from the town but tuk-tuks are available or the owner takes you to town or anywhere else you want to go. The pool in April is a must, great to chill out as its hot then.

http://www.homestay-chiangrai.com/

http://www.baanbuaguesthouse.com/

<H2 class=FontHead1>

icon4.gifROOM RATES </H2>

icon1.pngicon1.pngicon1.png

Baan Bua Promotion !!

icon2.gif

ROOM

PRICE

ROOM_01.gif

ROOM + FAN

300 - 400 BHT / NIGHT

ROOM_02.gif

ROOM + AIR - CON

500 BHT / NIG

Most of my friends/family that been visiting CR have stayed in Baan Bua and they have all been very happy there. In the middle of the city, clean rooms, nice people working there, a nice garden where you have breakfast in the morning and maybe a beer in the afternoon.

I have a friend that is very wealthy, he prefer to stay in Baan Bua before any of the hotels in town because he always find interesting people there to have a chat with.

:DB):D

I have a friend that is very wealthy, he prefer to stay in Baan Bua before any of the hotels in town because he always find interesting people there to have a chat with.

Sven, thank you so much for the kind words about me but please don't refer to me as very wealthy. Being so handsome isn't really considered "wealth" these days.

Sven, thank you so much for the kind words about me but please don't refer to me as very wealthy. Being so handsome isn't really considered "wealth" these days.

I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains...

Im staying at the Starbright Hotel @ 1,650 THAI BAHT per night.

Not far from the Bus Station in Chiang Rai :D

How is the food there Lizard? I often walk past on my way to being disappointed elsewhere, and there never seems to be anyone eating there.

Sorry about the info.

I should have said that i am going to stay there in February.

No, no, no ! I was not refering to you! Everyone knows that you are Cheap Charlie that try´s to get the cheapest room in any hotel refering to friends that you don´t have!

My friend is a nice guy !

:)B):D

No, no, no ! I was not refering to you! Everyone knows that you are Cheap Charlie that try´s to get the cheapest room in any hotel refering to friends that you don´t have!

My friend is a nice guy !

:)B):D

I am most certain that you were. Who else do you know that is this handsome?

And remember this-

"One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim." - George Carlin