Uk And Australia.

doppa

I would suggest that the majority of tourists coming to Thailand would have no idea of the simmering political tension here and especially surrounding the February 26 decsion simply because there is no media coverage or interest in their own country. The only way they would learn of it is my logging onto on a forum such as TV. Easy to bag Governments for enlightening the un informed I guess.

I posted earlier where the warning upgrade for Australia arose out of a TAT assessment.

I see TAT advised today that 27 countries have now upgraded their travel warnings to Thailand (Bangkok specifically) for this Friday.

Many traditionally English speaking countries :) included China, Sweden, South Korea, Taiwan, and Macau advised nationals to be aware/alert.

France, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark,the Netherlands, and Japan advised nationals to be careful.

Belgium and Germany advised nationals to stay away from protests.

Certainly varying assessments but the warnings are out there and some travel agents are raising the issue for potential travellers in case things go pear shaped. More for fear of litigation upon the return by the tourist than concern for the tourist safety itself.

I don't know about the other countries mentioned, but the foreign ministry of Germany distinguishes between travel advisories and travel warnings. Travel advisories are routinely issued if there is trouble of some sort, as in the case of the expected demonstrations in Bangkok. A travel warning, if issued between the time of booking and commencing a travel arrangement, is the legal basis for cancelling the arrangement without cost to the traveller. The latter is more serious. Most travel warnings issued by the Auswärtiges Amt are actually partial warnings for certain areas of a country.

Cheers, CMX

I don't know about the other countries mentioned, but the foreign ministry of Germany distinguishes between travel advisories and travel warnings. Travel advisories are routinely issued if there is trouble of some sort, as in the case of the expected demonstrations in Bangkok. A travel warning, if issued between the time of booking and commencing a travel arrangement, is the legal basis for cancelling the arrangement without cost to the traveller. The latter is more serious. Most travel warnings issued by the Auswärtiges Amt are actually partial warnings for certain areas of a country.

Cheers, CMX

what have the 'Auswartiges Amt' said about Friday? Are the German foreign ministry issuing an 'advisory' or a 'warning'?