Pattaya Ladyboys.

maipenrai2010

Your friend or foe?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ladyboys are an undeniable part of the colorful fabric that makes Pattaya so renowned. They often have a good command of the English language, seem good spirited with a quick comment or joke. They can be fun and funny to look at or spend time in their company by some peoples' opinion. Pook Ladyboy Bar on soi Buakow seems busy enough and there are many pro and amateur ladyboy shows packing them in (ahem) every night. They can also be good enforcers/managers and respected by bar and restaurant employees from what I am told.

Ladyboys (pardon the pun) steal the news headlines on a seemingly weekly basis for robbery and violence. Haven't read a happy ending (ahem) story in....a very very long time (never?) concerning ladyboys.

I know some men who (pardon the pun again) come for the ladyboys and others who cross the street to get away from them.

What do y'all think? Friend or foe? Would you like to see an exodus of ladyboys or have them just the way they are? Nobody's perfect!

Edited by raro
source of picture unknown. Removed for privacy concerns.

I seriously don't like them. I know a lot of the straight men do. However, if I wanted a lady, I would want the real thing, not a clown version.

As far as their social status in Thai culture, I don't think things are as great for them as westerner's imagine. I think they are very stigmatized. Maybe that is the reason so many of them seem to turn to crime. Not that there is an excuse for it of course.

It is not PC but I see a group of them on the street late at night or on a baht bus, my guard goes up. To be fair though the one and only time I was ever robbed in Thailand, it was by a group of homely but very REAL women.

Edited by Jingthing

Please do no post any pictures of private people whatsoever. If the picture is public domain, a source must be provided.

Also I like to remind you that the ins and outs of prostitution are not to be discussed in this forum.

thanks, raro. :)

As you say - a part of the 'colorful fabric'.

I have friends covering all 3 genders. Your post is likely to start a 'flame war' ... if anybody actually bothers to read it (hey ... I did).

"have them just the way they are" ... hmmm, you want to change them ?

"Nobody's perfect" ... well, there you go then ... look within yourself for an answer.

K

I seriously don't like them. I know a lot of the straight men do. However, if I wanted a lady, I would want the real thing, not a clown version.

As far as their social status in Thai culture, I don't think things are as great for them as westerner's imagine. I think they are very stigmatized. Maybe that is the reason so many of them seem to turn to crime. Not that there is an excuse for it of course.

It is not PC but I see a group of them on the street late at night or on a baht bus, my guard goes up. To be fair though the one and only time I was ever robbed in Thailand, it was by a group of homely but very REAL women.

I would question the straightness of such men......Sounds to me like men who are trying to hide the fact that they like other men!!

I would question the straightness of such men......Sounds to me like men who are trying to hide the fact that they like other men!!

I know that many people think that way but it is <deleted>. Whats gay about going after a sex partner that looks and acts like the opposite sex? A "real" gay man would have no interest. Maybe they are a kind of bisexual.

Edited by Jingthing

no problem with ladyboys - if people are into them so be it. Not for me, but I certainly no problem with others tastes. I will politely decline any services offered and be on my way. I've chatted few over the years and they are people just like the rest of us. Treat them w/respect and you will not have any bother. Now this doesnt include the thieving scum that try to rob you. :)

no problems with them at all. i have a few lady boy friends. alot of the trouble are started by them tho. only thing i have to add to this.... i think they should tell you if they are ladyboys before trying to bed you beacause it is deception after all

they are intersting creatures :)

I get on very well with ladyboys but then I make a real effort to do so.

I do not have 'relations' with them as its not my thing but I am polite respectful and enjoy the occasional laugh and beer with them.

As such I am known around Walking Street as someone who is on their side as it were. And believe me they do get hassle from drunk tourists particularly Russians.

If you cross the ladyboy mafia they can get very violent very quickly and they are tough. We all know I assume Emma and that he looks just like a women even to being small and petite. Well I've seen him fight and it wasn't pretty for his 6 foot + 150 kilo German opponent.

Definitely a group you want to be your friend.

I find polls of this type not in good taste and personally offensive. One could easily replace "ladyboys" with Jews, gays, Russians, blacks, Catholics, Irish, etc., etc.. Polls of this type serve no purpose in a public forum about Pattaya on TV.

I find polls of this type not in good taste and personally offensive. One could easily replace "ladyboys" with Jews, gays, Russians, blacks, Catholics, Irish, etc., etc.. Polls of this type serve no purpose in a public forum about Pattaya on TV.

I understand what you are saying and to some extent, agree.

This poll could be about time share sellers, flower sellers, Ko Larn/jet ski boat touts, etc. All elements of our environment.

The point is not to incite anger and hatred but to utilize the forum to share our feelings and educate some about the ladyboys who make our city colorful but also have a very bad reputation for rampant violent theft.

Despite being the OP, I enjoy reading the feelings of other readers about the same forces I also encounter in my daily life here in Pattaya and when traveling.

I understand what you are saying and to some extent, agree.

This poll could be about time share sellers, flower sellers, Ko Larn/jet ski boat touts, etc. All elements of our environment.

The point is not to incite anger and hatred but to utilize the forum to share our feelings and educate some about the ladyboys who make our city colorful but also have a very bad reputation for rampant violent theft.

Despite being the OP, I enjoy reading the feelings of other readers about the same forces I also encounter in my daily life here in Pattaya and when traveling.

I understand it was not your intention to incite but polls of this type have unintended consequences. They tend to reinforce stereotyping and prejudices and seldom stimulate serious discussion. Just the way poll is worded, "Friend" or "Foe", is divisive, why must I make a choice? Ladyboys or better, transgender, are a discriminated sexual minority and shouldn't be grouped with flower seller vendors or Jet Ski operators. Hope you see the difference.

I also have my problems with this black/white view of the OP and this topic usually invites our dear members to post their misconceptions and/or silly jokes.

Two inappropriate posts deleted. If more need for deletion, I will close this topic.

As far as their social status in Thai culture, I don't think things are as great for them as westerner's imagine. I think they are very stigmatized. Maybe that is the reason so many of them seem to turn to crime...

...or the entertainment industry such as Thai television and movie industry?

If they are so stigmatized, why do they enjoy such spectacular success in Thai national entertainment? And I'm not just talking about the "obligatory" ladyboy on Thai television comedy shows, which are, indeed, a cultural laughingstock. I'm talking about the ones who are accepted as serious critics of Thai culture and the arts (on talk shows, for example), and serious actors who are known to play female parts. The most popular teacher in a local college is an outright flaming 45 year-old ladyboy who dresses and acts the part to a "t."

Leaves me perplexed. :)

Edited by toptuan

Barack

it's just a bit of fun,if you don't like it

you should click on a different topic.

I think their ok and make me laugh,also

they were here before US.

Just enjoy everything.... about this nice

place

ps i am straight.

kda :):D:D:D