John Thinks Jesus Was A Gay Man

Jingthing

So singer Elton John said something controversial. Now he is being mocked and trashed by right wing fundamentalist types. What exactly is wrong with what he said? He is only expressing an opinion as he prefaced it with the phrase I think. Of course he is not a religious scholar but anyone has the right to an opinion. On the other hand, dogmatic people don't bother with I think, they always say I know, this is so. So who is more reasonable?

"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East -- you're as good as dead."
Elton John

Here are some more controversial Jesus quotes --

For me, we all need to be Jesus in our time - Madonna

I think feminism is another way of teaching what Jesus taught - Jane Fonda

If I found Jesus I don't think he would be all that different from me - Marilyn Manson

There's only one king ... and that's Jesus Christ - Elvis Presley

Jesus was a Jew, yes, but only on his mother's side - Archie Bunker

We're more popular than Jesus now - John Lennon

Jesus was persecuted, and I'm going to get persecuted - Heidi Montag

The good news is Jesus is coming back. The bad news is he's really pissed off - Bob Hope

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no evidence that Jesus was sexual. We don't know if He had a sex organ.

Surely there would of been more commotion in the stable the night jesus was born, if he didnt have a sex organ? It would of been mentioned in the bible or 'the nation' paper or something? :)

Well, he hung out mainly with men and there was that bit when the soldiers came to arrest him and a 'naked man' ran off from their group.

Also, even into his 30's he hadn't married, which would raise eyebrows....

:D:)

Plus he was fond of hanging around temples... and clearly he had issues of confusion surrounding his father.... :D:D

However, from the point of view of the mainstream religious rabble who have been programmed by their twisted 'religious' 'leaders' to think that homosexuality is the worst thing- EVER- it's about the most inflammatory thing Elton could have come up with, though I understand it wasn't meant that way.

good old elton justifying his life style.No need to in my opinion.however take it a step further,and remember jesus had a soft spot for mary magdelane who by all accounts was a loose women or a prostitute of her day so on the basis of elton's comments does it mean its ok to go with hookers?No offence to anyone intended.

good old elton justifying his life style.No need to in my opinion.however take it a step further,and remember jesus had a soft spot for mary magdelane who by all accounts was a loose women or a prostitute of her day so on the basis of elton's comments does it mean its ok to go with hookers?No offence to anyone intended.
what was the point of your post?

what was the point of your post?

that there is no need to justify one's life style,each to their own.

I don't think Elton was justifying anything. Religious men throughout the ages have often been homosexuals. It is quite common. The life of Jesus is objectively suspicious from this angle. No, I am not talking about badly behaving priests here; rather the spiritual role of homosexuals (practicing and not) across cultures and across the ages. There is no doubt a connection. Remember there is no need to ever have engaged in even one sexual act in your entire life to be gay or straight for that matter.

Edited by Jingthing

If it were true that Jesus was gay (and I assume the guys he hung around with), I am sure that for Mary M., it was a lot easier not having all those guys hassling her. Maybe she was a fag hag.

Of course, maybe they were just all very spiritual and not into sex.

Evidence? What do you mean evidence? Like Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinski kind of evidence? How could there be?

There is no evidence that there is a God. :):D:D:D:D

That is obviously true, but I think there is ample evidence that Jesus Christ (Yeshua actually) did live and was one of numerous Jewish men who were crucified during his era who claimed they were the Jewish messiah. I think a lot of people do not know that fact. It is one of my favorites because it blows some people's minds.

Edited by Jingthing

What worries me is that Reg believes in Jesus. Actually, anyone who believes in Jesus worries me to be honest. And before I get crucified(!) by the God Squad, I have just as much right to not believe as you do to believe, and I have just as much right to be concerned that you do believe as you have to maintain that because I don't believe I won't go to your heaven. Good, there won't be any fighting up there then, will there? Assuming it is up. Mind you, I don't fancy the chances of getting there for many of the God Squad in Thailand, for obvious reasons! If there is a "there", which of course, there isn't. Bit of a circular argument, I fear.

What worries me is that Reg believes in Jesus. Actually, anyone who believes in Jesus worries me to be honest. And before I get crucified(!) by the God Squad, I have just as much right to not believe as you do to believe, and I have just as much right to be concerned that you do believe as you have to maintain that because I don't believe I won't go to your heaven. Good, there won't be any fighting up there then, will there? Assuming it is up. Mind you, I don't fancy the chances of getting there for many of the God Squad in Thailand, for obvious reasons! If there is a "there", which of course, there isn't. Bit of a circular argument, I fear.

This should help you decide on the fate of Jesus and if he Was Gay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_qzB-FtH4...player_embedded

:)

Brilliant!!!

This should help you decide on the fate of Jesus and if he Was Gay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_qzB-FtH4...player_embedded

:)

It sounds a pretty silly suggestion to me. Do you seriously think that the Jewish establishment in Jesus' time wouldn't have attacked him for it? It's not as if he lived in Greece or Rome, where it wouldn't have mattered much.
It's not that silly. It is true Jesus started out within the Jewish religious establishment. (He was for it before he was against it.) Also, his early followers were Jews. However, his sexuality may have been his private business. Remember, Jesus himself did not utter even one word on the subject. Edited by Jingthing

There is no evidence that Jesus was sexual. We don't know if He had a sex organ.

<deleted>????? Read Luke 2:21, you know the bris, where he's circumcised...

If he didn't have a "sex organ", what did they slice? It's not like they could send Ahmed the Magi down to see Apoo at the corner shop for some foreskin. And seriously, if he was born without a penis, we'd never have heard the end of it. You think he was any different than other Jewish prophets like Louis de Funes, Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld etc., and wouldn't have complained to the world? You don't think he wouldn't have been asking his father why he was sent to earth without a shpeckle (as Gene Simmons from Kiss calls it). A sermon on the mount? hel_l no, he'd be laying a guilt trip on Mary for being a participant in the plot of the missing penis.

And do you honestly think James his younger brother would have kept his mouth shut? Ever have a younger brother? Know what they do? They run around spreading all the stuff you don't want anyone to know.

No cigar for you.

Edited by geriatrickid

It sounds a pretty silly suggestion to me. Do you seriously think that the Jewish establishment in Jesus' time wouldn't have attacked him for it? It's not as if he lived in Greece or Rome, where it wouldn't have mattered much.
It's not that silly. It is true Jesus started out within the Jewish religious establishment. (He was for it before he was against it.) Also, his early followers were Jews. However, his sexuality may have been his private business. Remember, Jesus himself did not utter even one word on the subject.

Firstly, I'm not talking about his followers; I'm referring to the Pharisees and Sadducees who disapproved of him

Second, we cannot know what his private feelings were, any more than we can with any man (especially at nearly 2000 years' distance). It's a bit like relying on the Thai army's bomb detectors.

Second, we cannot know what his private feelings were, any more than we can with any man (especially at nearly 2000 years' distance).

Exactly. Which means Elton John's opinions about Jesus' sexuality are just as valid as any popes.

Edited by Jingthing

<deleted>????? Read Luke 2:21, you know the bris, where he's circumcised...

If he didn't have a "sex organ", what did they slice? It's not like they could send Ahmed the Magi down to see Apoo at the corner shop for some foreskin. And seriously, if he was born without a penis, we'd never have heard the end of it. You think he was any different than other Jewish prophets like Louis de Funes, Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld etc., and wouldn't have complained to the world? You don't think he wouldn't have been asking his father why he was sent to earth without a shpeckle (as Gene Simmons from Kiss calls it). A sermon on the mount? hel_l no, he'd be laying a guilt trip on Mary for being a participant in the plot of the missing penis.

And do you honestly think James his younger brother would have kept his mouth shut? Ever have a younger brother? Know what they do? They run around spreading all the stuff you don't want anyone to know.

No cigar for you.

Ah shucks, He had a shpeckle.

Second, we cannot know what his private feelings were, any more than we can with any man (especially at nearly 2000 years' distance).

Exactly. Which means Elton John's opinions about Jesus' sexuality are just as valid as any popes.

That is, they're meaningless (incidentally, has any pope actually pronounced on Jesus' sexuality? it seems unlikely).

Ok lets help with the speculation

1. in the Hebrew tradition of the time a man was allowed to marry when he turned 30. Therefore being unmarried at 30 was typical.

2. There are a few Mary's to consider that interacted with Jesus. There is no reference in anyway to a relationship with any of these women (except the one that was his mom) that was anything more than a follower, of which Jesus had many. All of the speculations of a romantic relationship between Mary and Jesus are entirely imaginary. There is no evidence for such a claim in the Bible. Mary Magdalene is barely mentioned. Jesus three years of ministry were chronicled by four independent authors, three of which were first hand accounts, and none of them bothered to mention any romantic relationships.

3. As far as Jesus being gay, it would be amazing that a piano player known for 500,000 pairs of eyeglasses somehow discovered something that 2000 years of scholarly research failed to pick up on. My guess is Elton is just trying get a little spotlight as he slips from relevance in the entertainment industry.

Edited by canuckamuck