Thai Sponsors

I was invited out to dinner tonight by some thai friends. During dinner one friend ask if I was interested in getting a 10 year no reporting residence stay in Thailand. She stated if I wanted it to talk to a mutual friend of ours whom she worked with before to do this for another foreigner. This is like a sponsorship, from what I could understand. Has anyone ever heard of this or had any experiences with it.

The person she said they did it for is in Bangkok so I cannot verify it. But I have talked to him and I know he has been here a long time I just donot know on what terms.

if it's not something you can find written on any laws, i would be very careful with it and in case you decide to take the risk and go for it, always imagine what a worse case scenario would be like.....

if it's not something you can find written on any laws, i would be very careful with it and in case you decide to take the risk and go for it, always imagine what a worse case scenario would be like.....

That was more or le3ss my question does anyone know if there is such a thing legally

And what is the Fee for this ? I take it you pay up front, And No refunds when it fails.

tripplejjj hit the nail Square on the head. I think 20 years is possible. Roll call every morning No thank's. Makes the visa runs look very attractive.

Did I state this all wrong for all I am getting is replies like I am dealing with people of illrepute. Please open your minds and look at the way I am trying to explain it. This came from a person of good position and family not from a bar fly or conman. Please donot try and give me advice about fees and such no where was a fee suggested by me or my friend i am talking sponsorship here has anyone heard of it or not.

This came from a person of good position and family not from a bar fly or conman

Ehrm, i am not sure if this is the best way to put it in a polite way, ok i will give it a go, did you notice that the news are full of people in a position and from families that are very likely to be in a better positions of the ones you are dealing with....and did you read what they are all going trough? just a reality check....

From the OP:

... one friend... stated if I wanted it to talk to a mutual friend of ours whom she worked with before to do this for another foreigner.

Are you saying that a friend told you that a friend of hers arranged a permission to stay in Thailand for a foreigner without the need for a “report to stay”? If so, this would be third-hand hearsay, wouldn’t it?

Now, if this foreigner being referred to scanned and posted his visa and permission to stay, this would be news. The OP is not.

For lack of specifics, this topic is about an unfounded rumour and therefore closed.

:)

--

Maestro