High Noise Levels In Airport Plaza

msg362

I am just back from a saturday morning in 'Robinson' ( Aiport Plaza) and just added a noise meter to my Android phone.

I always knew the noise levels were very high there but i was applaed.

Sitting having coffe by the iStudio stand was 95dB further down ,where there was a promotion of CDMA things and loudspeakers were operating, it was 110dB at 2 metres from the loundspeaker. The pretty girls in short dresses were exposed to 95 dB

I ued to deal with this is the UK

The current noise level for work is 85dB, sinc it is a logarithmic scale, every 10 dB means a 10 fold increase. The girls were 10 times over the Uk limit and by the loudspeakers it was over 100 times over the limit. This means that is it is 'OK' to be exposed to 85dB for 8 hours, you can only work for 1/10 of this at 95 i.e 48 minutes and near the loudspeakers, less than 5 minutes!

Even sitting having coffee should not be for more than .say. 1 hour.

Can anything be done?

PS MY 'SCORE' HAS SAT A 47 FOR A LONG TIME NOW WHAT IS HAPPENING?

As far as possible I avoid Robinsons at the weekend. I agree about the noise and its very difficult to park as well. During the week its like a moastery! well within your decibel counter

On that note (no pun intended) I'd be interested to know what your noise measurer makes of tuk tuks, loudspeaker advertising vans or drunken Farangs at 6am!!!!

This morning there was a sound truck that wins the prize for loudest I've ever heard.

Headed west on Huay Kaew, it did a turn around up by the CM Zoo.

I swear I could hear it, from 1 k away. When it got back near my building...all I can say is that I'm glad I don't own a .50 BMG.

Unbelievable.