Vietnam Visa - Good Travel Agent Needed In Patong.

NamKangMan

Hi,

Airasia is flying from Phuket to HoChiMinh City - Vietnam for 290 baht (990 baht including taxes). Can anyone recommend a good travel agent in Patong that I can give my passport to and have them organise the Vietnam visa?

A google search reveals several, but, considering I'm handing over my passport, I thought it best to get some recommendations, or warnings, on some travel agents who offer this visa service from you guys.

Also, does anyone have an idea on how long it will take? Eg. 3 days, 5 days, 7 days

Thanks.

Edited by NamKangMan

I am heading there for song gran to ride the coast for a couple weeks.. From research I have done I was going to buy an online visa service thats processed in the airport.

I thought about that, but, the staff on the check-in counter always ask to see the visa in your passport before letting you check-in and eventially board the flight. Just didn't want any problems with airline staff. I've been to Vietnam before, it's a great place. I've always got the visa, myself, at the Vietnamese Embassy in Phnom Penh - Cambodia, as well as another Thai visa while in Phnom Penh. I then bus it down to HoChiMinh City (about 6 hours bus - all up). With this new Airasia route, I'll fly direct. I'm just looking for a reliable travel agent who can send my passport up to Bangkok to get the visa. As mentioned, there are quite a few advertised, but, thought I would receive some feedback on here before handing money passport over.

I'm using the on-line visa service for my trip next month Vietnam-visa.com. You receive a confirmation letter from them, print it out, and show Air Asia when checking-in. Then your visa will be processed on arrival. Costs about US$21 on line and US$25 on arrival. A mate of mine already used this service last month, no problem.

I'm using the on-line visa service for my trip next month Vietnam-visa.com. You receive a confirmation letter from them, print it out, and show Air Asia when checking-in. Then your visa will be processed on arrival. Costs about US$21 on line and US$25 on arrival. A mate of mine already used this service last month, no problem.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Foreign residents who are living or working in Bangkok, Thailand can apply online at www.vietnamvisaonline.net to get Vietnam Visa on Arrival (collecting at Vietnam International Airport on arrival)

- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department (A18)

- Processing time: 1 to 2 working days for normal service, 1 working day for urgent service (24 hours)

- Processing fee: 19.50 – 34.50 USD/person (stamping fee NOT included)

- Without Passport presented within process of application

- How to get it? You go online at www.vietnamvisaonline.net, fill in the secure form, wait 1-2 days until you receive your Visa Approval Letter from us by email and take this + your passport + 2 photos to Vietnam to get your visa at airport.

The supporter is really helpful, cordial and willing to share everything about Vietnam. I must say.