Many Injured In Bloody Clash At Bangkok Stadium

george

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure it was just the pitch ?.....distinctly remember members of the tartan army snapping crossbars as well... :D

We had no option. How on earth would we be able to get them on the train back north otherwise?

It's the only piece of England that the Scots ever took :)

Cheers, Rick

I see the fans are following the game in the good old British tradition.

English.

I second that! Its English not british

A bit rich given that the Welsh teams have some of the biggest thugs as supporters. Oh, I forgot the Welsh play in England :)

Police to take actions against football hooligans

BANGKOK: -- Police are reviewing video footage of the bloody clash between football fans at Supachalasai Stadium so it can bring the hooligans to justice.

Muang Thong United and Thai Port were playing for the King's Trophy on Saturday.

Many spectators were hurt in the melee and five of them have already lodged complaints with police.

"The victims have received minor injuries," Colonel Paisan Leusomboon, superintendent of Pathum Wan Police Station, said Sunday.

Four of the victims who came forward had supported Muang Thong United, while the other one counted Thai Port as his favourite team.

Paisan said the police investigation would focus on the agitators who started the attacks on others.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

English.

Over 700 years ago your lot became part of the Union and youre still bitter and resentful towards your masters (like the jocks) ... just remember youd be a 3rd world country if it wasnt for the English.

Edited by whichschool

A number of people were hospitalised following the incident, with Muang Thong United being declared winner as Thai Port FC refused to continue playing.

Police said they were looking for troublemakers and they would be charged for bodily assault.

Well if this is what really happened then the Thai Port FC should be charged for acting like girls and not respecting the referee's decisions.

Brining the game into disrepute and causing riots.

How is the "loss of face" thingy dealt with when it comes to sport? Anyone know?

English.

Celtic v Rangers how many deaths and injuries, swansea v cardiff, Rangers on tour in Manchester loads of ploice hospitalised city trashed in certain areas. wembley stadium trashed by Scottish fans goal posts smashed to peices (Long time ago never again ) British, german, czech bulgarian etc etc etc diseaset its a myth than Scottish fans are well behaived. google to find more.

see below Source google

Only 18 months after the Manchester riot European football is again dealing with hooliganism in Bucharest tonight when rioting Rangers Fans

Rampaging Rangers fans are a "disgrace" who could have jeopardised England's bid to host the 2018 football World Cup, Gordon Brown warned today. he is Scottish

souce daily mirror

The 60 second clip shows a riot officer falling to the ground after being tripped by a fan as he and colleagues retreat from a violent gang throwing missiles of cans, bottles and rubbish at them.

The baying mob then surround the helpless officer and reign kicks and punches down on him as he cowers on the ground in terror.

The injured officer only manages to escape when the mob are momentarily distracted.

In other footage a large group of rampaging yobs are seen vandalising a car.

Fifteen officers were injured, as well as a police dog, and 42 arrests were made as hundreds of riot police and supporters fought running battles following Rangers 2-0 Uefa Cup Final defeat against Zenit St Petersburg in Manchester.

One Russian fan was stabbed but his injuries were not life-threatening.

Some even turned on each other.

Myth but i do love jocks and hate the scum who wear the England shirt and dishonour my country.

Edited by NALAK

English.

Over 700 years ago your lot became part of the Union and youre still bitter and resentful towards your masters (like the jocks) ... just remember youd be a 3rd world country if it wasnt for the English.

off topic i know but worth remembering Scottish, English, Welsh and Irish lads and lasses getting blown to peices and dying side by side now, if i was in a mess could not think of anything better than being with a regiment of Jocks kilts and bagpipes and all. Stand together at this time.

Edited by NALAK

English.

Keep going with the stereotypes matie.

Remember Wembley 1977 ????

I should suggest that some of the continental clubs are still facing greater problems than English football.

English.

Not just English mate I remember a story in the Scottish Sun where a Celtic Fan had seven kinds or Crap kick out of him by his fellow "Klan" because it was laundry day and all he had to wear was a blue top, wasn't even Rangers blue.

I just watched the video on youtube...

Nice to see the BiB doing a fantastic job of keeping law and order :)

If they had arrested anyone I'm sure they could've got some kind of tea money...

Truly an embarrassing display by the BiB. Scared, untrained, impotent are a few words that come to mind. And obviously totally unrespected by the spectators. :D

I wonder if carried on outside,or do you think everybody would of just been shouting "gin khao" and looking for there favourite noodle stands,storm in a teacup really...no security or uninterested security!! people can do what the want and lets face it they did not do that much.

Were you there then? It was enough to empty the whole stadium and get the game abandoned!

The security indeed was as useless as ever and as already pointed out, if they had acted firmly and swiftly it would have been nipped in the bud pprobably. As it was, they didn't even attempt to stop the ringleaders just pushing through the barrier which ultimately encouraged them to continue with their random assaults.

I have seen worse in England TBH but at the time everyone panicked which led to the feeling that it was turning very ugly and serious. Many (including myself and my gf-who's safety was my main concern) had to jump 8ft down onto the track around the pitch wich made matters more dangerous and others stampeded down the steps which in itself is a major dangerous situation. Very close behind me were a mob hurling and swinging objects at peole fleeing, so yes, it was hairy enough.

I think the most unfortunate issue is that there were many women and children there -i was also there with a 6 months pregnant woman,so i'm sure you can imagine how she felt - and were absolutely terrified. I doubt they will be rushing to their next match!

I still can't believe the police (and these are riot control police too! :) ) just stood there and let them through. I think this made me more angry than even the cowardly actions of the yobs!

Oh well, TIT,

Edited by Luang

English.

i suppose wales doent have a history of football hooligans swansea, cardiff and wrexham!

ok i wont bother to do it but i bet if you googled cardiff fans trouble there would be a few hunrded pages. its a world thing africa, south america, asia you obviously know nothing about football holiganism, even sam the man was caught on video encouraging violence against the English.

there are no hooligans in wales and this thread is going to stay open

Edited by NALAK