Steve Needs Help Again Please

steverino

Hi Folks

I got my server to give me a sub domain called www.bbb.toddyhouse.co.uk. How do I name the Home page so it always comes up under this url? I can't seem to separate the 2 sites www.toddyhouse.co.uk and the above.

I want to put the Big Buddha Blues Band opening page on the bbb. Url but at the moment the normal Toddyhouse home page is on that page. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Steve-

Your server co. should (might) have created a folder in the root level of your server directory called bbb. You would put the "index" page in this folder.

Hope this helps-

Bino

Edited by bino

I just checked that and it looks like the bbb and the "normal" toddyhouse get linked into the same folder.

Actually when you ftp to your place on the server, you should have there 2 folders. Or two different logins.

Why don't you make it like: www.bbb.toddyhouse.co.uk and www.bbb.toddyhouse.co.uk/bbb for the band? would be easier because no configuration necessary?

Hi Folks

I got my server to give me a sub domain called www.bbb.toddyhouse.co.uk. How do I name the Home page so it always comes up under this url? I can't seem to separate the 2 sites www.toddyhouse.co.uk and the above.

I want to put the Big Buddha Blues Band opening page on the bbb. Url but at the moment the normal Toddyhouse home page is on that page. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I just checked that and it looks like the bbb and the "normal" toddyhouse get linked into the same folder.

If there was a different login, the server co. should have provided this info.

This might be happening because the bbb URL is looking for the bbb folder and not finding it.

Try creating a bbb folder in the root directory (same as your current index page) if one doesn't exist, and put your bbb index page in this folder. Just might work. :D

Then again- maybe not! :o