Calamansi In Pattaya?

SurfRider

Does anyone know of a source of Calamansi in Pattaya? Looks similar to the small green lemon/lime fruit sold almost everywhere in Thailand, but the taste is much different.

post-53404-1266822780_thumb.jpg

Calamansi is a fruit tree in the family that was developed in and is very popular throughout Southeast Asia, especially the Philippines, where it is most commonly used for cooking. In the west it is variously known as acid orange, calamondin orange, or Panama orange. In the Philippines it is called calamansi or lemoncito.

In Asia the juice is used to season fish, fowl, and pork. Kalamansî is commonly used as a condiment for dishes such as pancit bihon. Calamondin marmalade can be made in the same way as orange marmalade. Like other citrus fruits, the calamansi is high in vitamin C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamondin

I have (what I think are) two Calamansi bushes in my yard. Small bushes are sold in many graden shops around Pattaya as a miniature or ornamental orange. If planted in the sun, the fruit is prolific. Mine just fall to the ground and rot, very sour. Occasionally use one in a G&T when the lemon tree is bare.

I have (what I think are) two Calamansi bushes in my yard. Small bushes are sold in many graden shops around Pattaya as a miniature or ornamental orange. If planted in the sun, the fruit is prolific. Mine just fall to the ground and rot, very sour. Occasionally use one in a G&T when the lemon tree is bare.

Not calamansi! don't know what they are but they are bloody awful, I have a couple of them...........

If it's very sour, I doubt that it's Calamansi -- It has a unique taste, somewhere between sweet and sour -- Very tasty and used extensively in the Philippines for accenting many foods and drinks. Calamansi and Soda is one of the most refreshing drinks I've ever found anywhere.

I thought there might be some Filipinos in the Pattaya area who would know where to find them.