Prachuap Crossing To Burma

cerbera

Last I heard that is not an allowed immigration point between the two countries for foreigners, but that was a while ago and I've never tried it. I do know that people in this area go to Ranong to cross into Burma for visas which is much further south.

There is a border crossing at Dansingkorn, but it is not officially open to the public. Vehicles do occasionally cross, especially trucks. So I assume it is open for limited commercial traffic.

I was at the Singkhon Pass and border 1 week ago. the old very bad road in the past looking as e dry river is made new, I guess in the close future this border will open for tourists too. :)

The border crossing at Dan Singkhon which is about 6km past the Thai Immigration office is a closed border. There is talk about a new highway connecting Myanmar to the port at Khlong Wan and opening the border to traffic. Whether that ever happens remains to be seen. BTW the cross border market at Dan Singkhon is great for plants particularly orchids many of which originate across the border.

The border crossing at Dan Singkhon which is about 6km past the Thai Immigration office is a closed border.

Visited DSK Immigration last Thursday. Continued on to the village and then to the newish restaurant. I did see 2 vehicles cross from Burma to Thailand .. as I have seen several times in the past.

The border may be closed to 'holiday' traffic, but it is not a "no crossing at all" border.

BTW, gem & jewelry shop closed. Large furniture store still open. Restaurant empty except for us, but food still excellent and inexpensive.

The border crossing at Dan Singkhon which is about 6km past the Thai Immigration office is a closed border.

Visited DSK Immigration last Thursday. Continued on to the village and then to the newish restaurant. I did see 2 vehicles cross from Burma to Thailand .. as I have seen several times in the past.

The border may be closed to 'holiday' traffic, but it is not a "no crossing at all" border.

BTW, gem & jewelry shop closed. Large furniture store still open. Restaurant empty except for us, but food still excellent and inexpensive.

The way I understand it is that it is open to commercial traffic only and then only those with the correct papers/permissions.

The way I understand it is that it is open to commercial traffic only and then only those with the correct papers/permissions.

:D If it would be open to commercial traffic, of course only with the correct papers and permissions.

I asked yesterday directly at the border in the office to the left side. Only few car (with few I mean 5 - 10), motorcycle or walking people can pass and they must life close to the border and have special permission. Except emergency service eg. red cross (as 2 years ago). No official commerce between Thailand and Myanmar. We Farang can forget to get any permission to cross. If Thailand send back by force a lot of ex worker, I believe we wait also few years.

The restaurant is good but the rest we can forget, most goods looks very old, dirty packing, I guess you would even not buy a soap but if you like little bit help this people do some small shopping :)

Driving south from Hua Hin to Chumpon i saw the route label for Myammar, i always curious about if possible to go or not...

A close thai friend told me that is possible to enter just with permission and, as someone of you already wrote, not for tourists/foreigner.

Also he told me it is very difficult to move beyond the border dual of the bad streets. Also it looks like if it is impossible to buy gasoline not having "gasoline vouchers" (seems like if isn't possible to pay cash for fuel... but this sound very strange).

Do not forget that foreigners can stay/drive/move inside Myammar just on scheduled date and places who have to be communicated to Police and subjected to be refused.

Ciocco, why you don't want believe? And I consult don't listen a Thai which don't work on the border.

If you come from Hua Hin you have 2 possibilities turn right to the Singkhon Pass, one is a small road with many holes and this about 10 km after Prachuap KK ist the good way.

I make this turn very often with my guests from abroad. The only what I have seen is that the right belt now is well made with asphalt and the answer I got direct from the border office you can see above. As I know the only official way to Myanmar is near Tak, maybe Mae Sai but there you don't can go far.

Beside Singkhon have 2 Immigration, 1st 10 km before you turn left to Singkohn Pass and one on Singkhon Pass self but he not and I never see open, only the new custom office building.

Because of criminality and some military I consult you to fly until now.

There is only one place I know of where you are actually allowed to drive your car into Burma/Myanmar. That's at 3 Pagoda Pass a couple of hours north of Kanchanaburi. I did that once but you can only visit the border town just on the other side and go no further. They will only issue a day pass but you can get everything (including photos) right at the border on the Thai side. Of course you need your passport. One of the four couples we were traveling with did not bring theirs and had to wait for us on the Thai side. The Burmese town on the other side is known for it's woodworking and wooden furniture and you are allowed to drive there for the day for shopping. There is another gate with military at the other end of the one road town that will stop anyone trying to go further.

We went there for one day and one of the things I found interesting is that driving is on the right-hand side of the road even though that used to be a British colony. There was this funny X in the road at the border with curbing forcing you to cross to the opposite side. Not much to the town but our friends took their pickup over there and bought some nice cheap wooden furniture.

Yes you are right HHFARANG, we talk about same. Instead go via Kanachaburi, I go via Tak to the border Mae Sot - Tao Tak passing the friendship bridge (Songkhla Buri)

Open 08:00 - 18:00 and to pay 10 $ plus copy of passport.

Go by car I hear is only possible in convoi on special days. More I don't know, I fly to Rangun (Yangon) or Mandaly.

Edited by challenger99

Ciocco, why you don't want believe? And I consult don't listen a Thai which don't work on the border.

If you come from Hua Hin you have 2 possibilities turn right to the Singkhon Pass, one is a small road with many holes and this about 10 km after Prachuap KK ist the good way.

I make this turn very often with my guests from abroad. The only what I have seen is that the right belt now is well made with asphalt and the answer I got direct from the border office you can see above. As I know the only official way to Myanmar is near Tak, maybe Mae Sai but there you don't can go far.

Beside Singkhon have 2 Immigration, 1st 10 km before you turn left to Singkohn Pass and one on Singkhon Pass self but he not and I never see open, only the new custom office building.

Because of criminality and some military I consult you to fly until now.

Good to know,

thank you,

ciocco