Liner For Big Fish Pool Needed

bikerjoy

Try Kham Tiam market behind chotana Tesco.  There are shops there, at the Tesco end of market selling various plastic sheeting in large rolls.  Not sure how you can join together to make a large waterproof liner.  Maybe they can advise.

• 1 year later...

I am still looking for a large strong black plastic liner!

thanks to all of your nice people!

From the northeast corner of the moat follow the road that heads north toward Khamtieng. The first shop on the left sells various plastic items for agricultural use. They have rolls of thick black plastic sheeting which unfold to 3 meters wide. I bought two 7 meter lengths for 700 baht to use in a fish pond 5 meters wide. The pieces cannot be glued together so I folded the edges of the two pieces together and placed sandbags on top of the seam, works fine. I spread a layer of fine sand in the pond a few inches thick before laying the plastic sheets to prevent any sharp rocks from possibly tearing the plastic.

In England I had a large fishpond and breeding fish was my hobby.

I dug a large hole in the garden, lined it with some tarpaulin to cover up any sharp stones and pebbles, then visited my local pond shop and purchased the black pvc/rubber type covering. It cost £58, came in widths of 3 metres and was guaranteed for 20 years. Once installed never had any problems with it.

Over here in Chiang Mai, it`s different ballgame. I tried and tried and tried, including the Kham Tiam market behind chotana Tesco to find a suitable PVC pond covering, but without success.

These only came in 1 metre widths and were only suitable for cement ponds as this pvc stuff had to be glued on.

I tried the ordinary plastic sheeting obtainable in many hardware type stores, but this proved to be toxic and all my fish died.

In the end I had to settle for a cement pond and hired some local lads to build it for me. Over the first few weeks, cracks appeared in the cement and had to be repaired several times before it all became stable.

Then I had to season this with loads of salt and white vinegar for a couple of weeks in order to destroy all the acid that is in new cement mixture.

Worked fine after a while, but it was a load of hassle, handwork and effort.

As far as I know there are no suitable pvc/rubber type pond liners available in Chiang Mai. Have no idea about other areas, but I did search the Internet and still found nothing suitable.

I have a fish pond that I had a liner constructed over 2 years ago. I bought the plastic liners from the market behind Tesco. My pond is 30 meters by 15 meters and 3 meters deep. I bought two full roles of the heavy duty plastic (white) and had a crew of Thai friends glue the strips together. You must have a certain type of glue which melts the two plastics together. If you need more info, please feel free to contact me on this web site messenger.

dannybrewer200v