Nicotene patches

phazey

Guest IT Manager
ITM: you know the job i do - do you REALLY think i could go without a smoke dealing with this mob ? :o

Not in my wildest dreams can I imagine hanging on the phone doing support with someone who starts with "Whats a monitor", and not having a smoke nearby.

"quitting smoking is very easy! I've quit thousands of times!"

anyway, tried the nic patches before and i still smoked. bought the gum and still smoked. even tried the "quit in 3 days" herbal stuff, i still smoke.

now i bought quomem. i took 4 pills but stopped because i wanted a cig and the pills are expensive.

believe me the threats of death and destruction and harm to your body doesn't work with people.......especially when we see a 90 year old puffing away.....its our illusion that we will be one of them....

anyway, am willing to see if this davidcharles method to quit will work, count me in.....don't want to pay anything but you can use me as a referance if it does work.....

got to run....all this talk about smoking is making me want a smoke and coffee....

Just like to add that the addiction to smoking is not only a physical one but also a behavioural one. It's now become relatively painless to overcome the physical one, but it's the behavioural addiction (which leads to physiological responses) that's the hardest to overcome. Personally I'm not an advocate for the hypnotherapy approach, but hey if it works for some than great. Most quit campaigns tend to promote the identification of the antecedents of the smoking behaviour, then implement a technique to overcome the craving. Ever heard of Pavlov's dogs? It's a bit like the ringing of the bell that caused the dogs to salivate. :o