Tony's House Of Sausage

Sparkles

Directly opposite the Tesco Supermarket exit gate on Hang Dong Road. Called in today after seeing the sign go up and got a brochure. A dozen or more sausage varieties, 4 types of bacon , cheese , salami etc The owner said they would be open within a week. I have no idea of prices but I will sure be checking it out as I find the quality of sausages here in CM a little underwhelming.

The bacon in Chiang Mai, if its British or American is of good quality I find. The sausage is another matter. I find all the sausage has no taste or little there of, except for the home made patty sausage at Bacon & Bite. If this new place can do a good sausage he will have my business but if it taste like everybody else's sausage... I wish him well.

I have also seen the sign for the Sausage House and have been curious - so well done for making the intial contact. It will be interesting to see just what and the quality of their product is.

I have never sampled the 'patty-sausage' - from Bake and Bite, so I cannot comment.

However, both Thai wife, and I enjoy the 'Fat Boy Sausages' from Makro - when available. Both Cumberland and otherwise. Same-same with Yorkies, although a little more expensive.

Another option for both English Sausages, and various types of bacon, is delivery by Oreca-Supply. The English Sausages are real 'Porkers' with string tyeing the ends. I guess that only a Brit will appreciate that.

Gladiator

The bacon in Chiang Mai, if its British or American is of good quality I find. The sausage is another matter. I find all the sausage has no taste or little there of, except for the home made patty sausage at Bacon & Bite. If this new place can do a good sausage he will have my business but if it taste like everybody else's sausage... I wish him well.

Are you suggesting that Thailand imports bacon from Britain and the US of A :D

And would "Oreca" really be Horeca :)

And would "Oreca" really be Horeca :D

Re-read, I said the bacon hear is of good quality. Its the sausage that sucks. It's like eating wet cardboard. no taste, no favor. :D So many cooks and no body can get it correct. Import from the west :) I have seen Oscar Mayer Bacon and Jones Sausage at Rimping it was the price of a RT airfare to LA. I still whish the new guy success.

Is it the same as Tony of Pattaya (he of Tony's Gym fame, amongst other "accolades") who, in recent newspaper reports, had a dog kennel with dozens of starving mongrels. Apparently, he could not afford to feed the poor things. Anyway, if it is the same Tony, just be sure those starving mongrels didn't end up in those sausages!!! :)

I think Yorkie's pork sausages and cumberland sausages are very good.

I get my supply at Rim Ping......they must be popular as they are often sold out of the pork variety.

But as "Tony's" is just down the road from me I will certainly give him a try

I agree 100% except I prefer the home made patty sausage at Art Cafe. They are both American style breakfast sausages.

There is an English style sausage made in Pattaya or Jontien and available around the country which is better than the rest (Yorkies as I see that Thai Pauly has just posted). They are not cheap, but well worth the price when you can find them.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I agree 100% except I prefer the home made patty sausage at Art Cafe. They are both American style breakfast sausages.

There is an English style sausage made in Pattaya or Jontien and available around the country which is better than the rest (Yorkies as I see that Thai Pauly has just posted). They are not cheap, but well worth the price when you can find them.

Should this place not have been called The House of Sausages (with an 's')

I thought when I drove past today that they were only selling ONE sausage!

I hate agreeing with GL, but Bake and Bite's spicy sausage patty is by far the best in CM, imho. I've never been to the Art Cafe but it has to be the same as the Hideaway which is American in style but pretty bland.

I like the sausages made with a little bit of gristle, some medium grind meat, a good bit of fat, and of course a real skin (no plastic).

What most sausage makers do here is produce to Thai tastes, which is a super fine mince (bland), almost no seasoning. Like a frankfurter, a hot dog. Styrofoam. Boring. Pathetic.

You can buy a huge tray of Italian style sausage, in the US, at any supermarket. Maybe 1 kilo about 200 B. Brilliant perfect fresh pork sausage, a little bit of chili, a little bit of fennel seed, and other seasonings. These are big sausages.

Charcoal grilled to perfection, with a nice potato salad, and a stein of Dunkel. Heaven On Earth. :)

This is a pork country. The issue is, only Germans here are making cured meats such as kassler, salami, bratwurst, etc. To be honest, I find most German cured meats and sausages to be quite bland in flavour, even though the various consistencies and curing processes are no doubt 100's of years old, and tasteful in a traditional sense.

The Brit sausage here....all imported (Waitrose, etc.) are all excellent, but stupid crazy pricing. No doubt high quality, but frozen? For how many months?

Oh, for a real, fresh Italian sausage.....made here, with the proper grind, the proper seasoning....and fresh. Not frozen. With a real skin. That can be grilled.

:D

Edit: Of course this doesn't apply to Isan style sausage here- great consistency. But rice, and enough garlic in each sausage to kill Dracula? I don't think so. I eat one and brush my teeth 7 times before going out....

Should this place not have been called The House of Sausages (with an 's')

I think that either way is correct.

What happened to Chef Jabberwocky? His American style and Sage sausages were pretty good.

Agreed, but last I'd heard, he had moved on to something else.

And would "Oreca" really be Horeca :)

Yes it would. Many thanks for correcting my typo.

Sounds like you might be hanging out with the wrong crowd. There are plenty of fellows around who would like to try your sausage. :D

Tony's house of sausage sounds like one of those dodgy gay massage parlours but.....

I like the Art Cafe's sausage pattie, nothing like our British banger but still very good. As McGriffith pointed out if you want to buy decent British Sausages here you have pay out stupid money.

Let's hope Tony makes decent, reasonable priced sausages and that's another thing I can cross off my list of things I miss about the UK.

I remember my first trip to CM and the dissapointment when I bit into my first Thai style sausage and found it full of rice and gristle, it promised so much :)

Has anyone tried Sausage Kings sausages? I lived in Chiang Mai for all of last year and one of my regrets was finding his products about half way through my stay. I'm English so they may well be for the tastes of us and not for other!

Yes, I eat them regularly, as he lives just around the corner, and its very convenient to pop in!

I think his sausages are pretty good (He does breakfast, dinner, and even a spicy version). Certainly one of the best available locally.

His English Bacon however, wins hands down over any other Bacon I've had here. It really is very good.

Come on Sausage King....Black Pudding???

Phil

I am American and I really miss Jones breakfast sausage links and Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Carrefour sold the breakfast sausage links for about 6 months, and I bought them even tho it cost me about $1 US per sausage. They discontinued selling them because it was too expensive and they said they were not selling. Instead of freezing them after a couple of days, they just left em out to turn brown and unappetizing looking.

Oh well...TIT...and we just have to accept!

We're just setting up but have made these for my family for years - an award winning recipe in the UK - imported spices from Blighty, a top quality English pork sausage

/quote]

When are you going to start selling these. My friend got a sample from somewhere once and they were really good. I've looked for places selling them since then but have had no joy.

I am American and I really miss Jones breakfast sausage links and Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Carrefour sold the breakfast sausage links for about 6 months, and I bought them even tho it cost me about $1 US per sausage. They discontinued selling them because it was too expensive and they said they were not selling. Instead of freezing them after a couple of days, they just left em out to turn brown and unappetizing looking.

Oh well...TIT...and we just have to accept!

I dont know if you're in Bangkok but I recently saw the Jones breakfast sausage at the Villa super market on Sukhumvit. I like them too and I was going to buy a pack until I noticed the price.