Tony's House Of Sausage

Sparkles

This is a sausage!

jd_bold_400.jpg

Here's the recipe! All the ingredients are at Rim Ping.

Swear to god, no difference.....

Ingredients:

10 lbs. ground pork (high fat content)

8 Tbsp. Salt

1 Tbsp. White pepper

2 Tbsp. Rubbed sage (optional)

1 tsp. Powdered ginger

1 Tbsp. Nutmeg

1 Tbsp. Cayenne pepper

1 Tbsp. Black pepper

Process:

Grind pork through fine seive, and add 1 cup ice water, seasonings

and mix well. Stuff into sleeve, or make into patties.

If you like HOT, add red pepper to taste.

Enjoy.....

We're just setting up but have made these for my family for years - an award winning recipe in the UK - imported spices from Blighty, a top quality English pork sausage

The Faranger Banger!!!!

When are you going to start selling these. My friend got a sample from somewhere once and they were really good. I've looked for places selling them since then but have had no joy.

Starting this week I will be making The Faranger Bangers for sale and home delivery. Until I get the website fully functional, you, or anyone else for that matter, can message me with your email address through ThaiVisa and I will take orders and arrange delivery times via email.

Because I have been working and have two little midgets (sons) lol - I haven't had a lot of time to devote to this but I am hoping to be selling these and other products in the next few months if I get a good response.

Ps Glad you liked them!

The bacon in Chiang Mai, if its British or American is of good quality I find. The sausage is another matter. I find all the sausage has no taste or little there of, except for the home made patty sausage at Bacon & Bite. If this new place can do a good sausage he will have my business but if it taste like everybody else's sausage... I wish him well.

I agree 100% except I prefer the home made patty sausage at Art Cafe. They are both American style breakfast sausages.

There is an English style sausage made in Pattaya or Jontien and available around the country which is better than the rest (Yorkies as I see that Thai Pauly has just posted). They are not cheap, but well worth the price when you can find them.

Should this place not have been called The House of Sausages (with an 's')

I thought when I drove past today that they were only selling ONE sausage!

Good comment ,i dont think so you need to get out more.

M

I am American and I really miss Jones breakfast sausage links and Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Carrefour sold the breakfast sausage links for about 6 months, and I bought them even tho it cost me about $1 US per sausage. They discontinued selling them because it was too expensive and they said they were not selling. Instead of freezing them after a couple of days, they just left em out to turn brown and unappetizing looking.

Oh well...TIT...and we just have to accept!

Mr Moo offers very good Jimmy Dean patties :)

Has anyone tried Sausage Kings sausages? I lived in Chiang Mai for all of last year and one of my regrets was finding his products about half way through my stay. I'm English so they may well be for the tastes of us and not for other!

Unfortunately (due to my expanding waistline...) I have been eating a lot of Sausage King food since we now have him deliver to where I work every couple of weeks so that we can all get our fill! My opinions on his food (and these fit pretty well with most of the other people I know who order from him) are:

Cumberland Sausages (big long ones) - Gorgeous, in fact better than most sausages I have eaten in the UK. They have even led to me bothering to make apple sauce to go with them!

English Breakfast sausage - Good (but destroyed by the Cumberlands)

Bacon - Gorgeous, again at least as good as most of the decent bacon I have eaten in the UK, and well beyond anything else I've tried in Thailand

Beef Burgers - Good

Pies - Very good, but I can get lovely pies from Kingdom food bakery for half the price (albeit smaller)

Scotch Eggs, delivered hot and fresh - gorgeous

Various attempts at Indian curry ready meals - poor (tried 3 and gave up... Korma hadn't even got coconut in it!)

I wish the curries were better - can someone teach him how to make good Indian curries! ;-0

M
I am American and I really miss Jones breakfast sausage links and Jimmy Dean sausage patties. Carrefour sold the breakfast sausage links for about 6 months, and I bought them even tho it cost me about $1 US per sausage. They discontinued selling them because it was too expensive and they said they were not selling. Instead of freezing them after a couple of days, they just left em out to turn brown and unappetizing looking.

Where is Mr. Moo ?

LUCKY ME!!!! I live less than 2 k from the best sausage maker in the north or maybe the whole country....Gunter's G&M sausages and can get fresh bacon, hams of many sorts and up to 30 different sausages and this is way out in the boondocks of CM ricefields. Can't be beat!!

M

Where is Mr. Moo ?

look for the banner on the TVCM main page, theyre a sponser

MR and MRS Wales went there yesterday, the place looks clean.

There are not many choices as yet( First Day) but the have black pudding there,smoked and normal one at 3 suasages/ 80 Baht.

can not remember price for other things but 80 baht for a box of THINA which is absolutely lovely for breakfast.

Tonys house of sausage :

English pork sausage

Pack of 3

272 gms

65 baht

Tradional sage lincolnshire pork sausage

Pack of 4

528 gms

157 baht

The english pork was what you would expect from a plain pork sausage, a little bit of flavour and very similar to the Yorkies pork sausage but at a lot cheaper price.

The Sage lincolnshire had more of a flavour to it and again was what you would expect from an english banger.

Both sausages were slighty on the salty side which is not a problem for myself but might be for some people and the Sage lincolnshire was i feel a little bit too big .

Both sausages had a bit of white stuff come out when cooking which i have seen before from homemade sausages and guess is something to do with the pork and could be a bit off putting to some people i suppose.

The skins on both sausages were not tough like you get on some homemade sausages.

Edited by alfieconn

Also purchased today the bacon and the English Pork sausage. Agree with taste description (above)of the sausage. The bacon was excellent.Was pleasantly surprised by the prices,considerably cheaper than competitors Cheese is not yet available probably a week way. Well worth a try and will pack in ice if you,like us ,have other places to visit

Also purchased today the bacon and the English Pork sausage. Agree with taste description (above)of the sausage. The bacon was excellent.Was pleasantly surprised by the prices,considerably cheaper than competitors Cheese is not yet available probably a week way. Well worth a try and will pack in ice if you,like us ,have other places to visit

I'm glad to see that you know more about sausages than you do about football :) .

Cumberland Sausages (big long ones) - Gorgeous, in fact better than most sausages I have eaten in the UK. They have even led to me bothering to make apple sauce to go with them!

English Breakfast sausage - Good (but destroyed by the Cumberlands)

Bacon - Gorgeous, again at least as good as most of the decent bacon I have eaten in the UK, and well beyond anything else I've tried in Thailand

Does anyone know what restaurants use Sausage King products? I really enjoy good British sausages and bacon, but a lot of them are not up to much in Thailand. :)

The sauasge market is getting crowded in Chiang Mai!!

We went to Tony's House of Sausage yesterday. Very pleasant chap, 1/2 Sicilian 1/2 Israeli. He seemed quite bewildered with the amount of interest shown in his place! must be the influence of Thai Visa! He's not really up to delivery or catering yet, but he's got a range of sausages, salamis & other meat products on sale. He also does pickled Veg and some middle Eastern things like Tahini, hummous and the like. He's selling cheese from Da Cheeso at the moment but says he's going to do his own in the fulness of time. I'd leave him to settle down for a week or two then go and have another look. He's definitely a welcome addition to the Farang catering scene here!

UG:We at The Olde Bell use some Sausage King products: Sausages, bacon, black pudding, some pies etc. We also use Tower bridge foods, run by one of Chiang Mai's original pork product suppliers known universally as Sausage Bob. He does Sauasges, Bacon, pies, Gammon etc. He's just opened up a shop and deli on the road to San Kamphaeng.

We often hold orders from Rob and Bob for customers who don't live in their distribution area. If you are an Olde Bell Gold Card Holder we don't charge anything for this.

You can also buy their products in the Rimping - at a price of course!

I'll be checking out 'Farang Foods - the Faranger Banger' when he's up and running!

We need some input form Gary (Mr Moo) here too as a forum sponsor!

UG:We at The Olde Bell use some Sausage King products: Sausages, bacon, black pudding, some pies etc.

Thank you. The Olde Bell has the best English bacon that I have ever eaten and I also like your Toad in the Hole (mashed potatoes with onions) which I had heard of, but never tried before. :)

Ha! Ha! yes, I wondered about that too! Oy vay business is business. Just possible by the positive way he spoke about one or two Arab products he's got, that he's an Israeli Arab. Or maybe he's just a big foodie who loves grub in all its wonderful manifestations and isnt going to let his background get in the way!!

Tonys house of sausage :

English pork sausage

Pack of 3

272 gms

65 baht

Tradional sage lincolnshire pork sausage

Pack of 4

528 gms

157 baht

The english pork was what you would expect from a plain pork sausage, a little bit of flavour and very similar to the Yorkies pork sausage but at a lot cheaper price.

The Sage lincolnshire had more of a flavour to it and again was what you would expect from an english banger.

Both sausages were slighty on the salty side which is not a problem for myself but might be for some people and the Sage lincolnshire was i feel a little bit too big .

Both sausages had a bit of white stuff come out when cooking which i have seen before from homemade sausages and guess is something to do with the pork and could be a bit off putting to some people i suppose.

The skins on both sausages were not tough like you get on some homemade sausages.

Problem is, with the ever dwindling bank exchange and interest rates and less & less bahts for our $ & £s, items like these sausages are becoming a luxury for me and many others I know.

I do wish Tony good luck with this new business venture, but worth keeping in mind that these are hard times at the present.

Maybe a slow start until the economy picks up again.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Ha! Ha! yes, I wondered about that too! Oy vay business is business. Just possible by the positive way he spoke about one or two Arab products he's got, that he's an Israeli Arab. Or maybe he's just a big foodie who loves grub in all its wonderful manifestations and isnt going to let his background get in the way!!

Very few Jews who are not Orthodox have any problem with bacon and other pork products. As far as I can tell, it is only a tiny percentage of very religious types that pay much attention to that and most Jews don't seem to be very religious.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hopefully our 1/2 Sicilian sausage maker will have some Italian sausages to sell. I find the vast majority of English and German sausages available here too bland and ground too fine. A nice spicy and coarsely ground Italian or American style sausage would be a welcome change.

Edited by lannarebirth

Hopefully our 1/2 Sicilian sausage maker will have some Italian sausages to sell. I find the vast majority of English and German sausages available here too bland and ground too fine. A nice spicy and coarsely ground Italian or American style sausage would be a welcome change.

AMAN to your comments. :) Bring on an Italian or American style sausage. They have some zing. :D

I'll be checking out 'Farang Foods - the Faranger Banger' when he's up and running!

We need some input form Gary (Mr Moo) here too as a forum sponsor!

I am up and running! Just go to the website, send me your email and I will get order details and deliver to your door!

The Faranger Banger!!!

Awaiting your emergency sausage delivery request.