Thai Dogs Vs Farang Rights. What Comes First?

backsoon

One of the multiple reasons I moved out of Thailand , was of course , the huge and never ending mass of dogs that littered the sidewalks with a proliferation of both their bodies and excrement .

Here in Cambodia , the people seem to be more civilised in respect to the animals they own , the large majority are only 'Rug-rats' that tend to yap a lot until they get accustomed to you wandering past their home , but then again , they are only evident in small numbers . In the village the dogs tend to be more 'Mid-sized' , but wandering around checking things out , never met with an antagonistic dog , I think this trait follows the nature of the owners , generally laid back , none aggressive and happy to see you .

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read this thread with genuine bewilderment.

Having lived here 4 years I've NEVER been attacked/bitten by a soi dog - they are frightened and keep well away.

I have however, been bitten by a retreiver owned by a Thai.... the dog was actually attacking one of my dogs, but of course I put myself between them.....

The Thai was too frightened of his dog to grab it (blink.gif), so it was left to me......

Yes, the odd, (VERY) odd soi dog will threaten you for a laugh (if it thinks it can get away with it), but it is INCREDIBLY unusual.