Passport Renewal-what Happens To His Us Visa?

My husband needs to renew his Thai passport. He has a 10 year US visa in there. What will happen to it?

Also does anyone of the link of where we can find information about mobile passport offices that allow Nationals to get their passport when they do not live in Bangkok? He will be in the South.

Thanks.

His visa is still valid in the old passport. It will not be transferred to the new passport,

He will have to travel with both passports to the US and back

I second that. I knew I had recently come across something to the same tune. Just now was able to find the following on the State Department's site:

My old passport has already expired. My visa to travel to the United States is still valid but in my expired passport. Do I need to apply for a new visa with my new passport?

No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Uruguayan regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the United States port of entry (POE) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.

travel.state.gov/visa/questions/questions_1253.html#7

oth

• 1 month later...