Visa To China For Thai Girl

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me on our options....

I am going to china soon for a job interview - should i get it me and my thai fiancée plan to move there together - I know you have to pre-apply for visas to china but doesn't anyone know what our options are - tourist visa? are there any others? We are going to china to save for our wedding as the pay in thailand is just too low :)

Any advise is welcome

Kind regards

Lee

Chinese Visas are almost as difficult as the Thai system. I do a lot of work in China but am not wanting a Working Visa as i want to keep under the radar for tax purposes etc. So I always apply for a Business Visa valid for 6 months. Problem with this is that I have to leave China every 30 days. I have heard of 6 month tourist visas being issued in BKK, which apparently there is no need to exit every 30 days, but cannot confirm that.

So if you have to exit every 30 days the location in China is a big issue expense wise. If you were working in Shenzhen then its literally a walk sacross the border to HK, then turn around and re-enter Shenzhen. but a bit different if you are in more central or northern areas.

Another thing you should be aware of and that is if you reside in a private property in China (i.e not a recognised hotel) then you BOTH must go to the nearest Police station with 48 hours and register with them, you will need copies of passport and copies of visas as well as rental agreement of the property. They will then put you on the Big brother computer system.

This is taken very seriously and you will be visited at your residence by the Police to ensure you are telling the truth. In fact every 30 days I have exited and returned to China I have had a call asking me if I was residing in the same property as I was registered

I don't know anything about Chinese visas, I'm afraid; but surely if you get the job then your employer will help you to arrange any necessary visas?

My visa will be sorted by the employer if I am offered the job, im sure of this, as far as my thai girlfriend goes though, im not sure :)

Chinese Visas are almost as difficult as the Thai system. I do a lot of work in China but am not wanting a Working Visa as i want to keep under the radar for tax purposes etc. So I always apply for a Business Visa valid for 6 months. Problem with this is that I have to leave China every 30 days. I have heard of 6 month tourist visas being issued in BKK, which apparently there is no need to exit every 30 days, but cannot confirm that.

So if you have to exit every 30 days the location in China is a big issue expense wise. If you were working in Shenzhen then its literally a walk sacross the border to HK, then turn around and re-enter Shenzhen. but a bit different if you are in more central or northern areas.

Another thing you should be aware of and that is if you reside in a private property in China (i.e not a recognised hotel) then you BOTH must go to the nearest Police station with 48 hours and register with them, you will need copies of passport and copies of visas as well as rental agreement of the property. They will then put you on the Big brother computer system.

This is taken very seriously and you will be visited at your residence by the Police to ensure you are telling the truth. In fact every 30 days I have exited and returned to China I have had a call asking me if I was residing in the same property as I was registered

I appreciate your response and it is most helpful, fully expect my employer to sort my visa/work permit out..... as for my fiancée, im not so sure..... Is there any alternatives for her other than a 3 month tourist visa - in-which she would have to return to thailand for say 1-2 months and then she can return to Shanghai?

Im confused as hel_l to be fair... im not concerned about me, its just my fiancée :) (if that makes sense)

thanks for taking the time out to help me

To be very honest with you, as a Fiance there (as far as I know)is no such visa, so it looks as if you are stuck with the tourist visa option and I would be pleasantly surprised if your future employers could or would assist you with that, but I would doubt it.

I am not sure about your comments on your girl having to leave for 1-2 months. As i said i have heard of 6 months visas being issued if that is correct and the no need to leave every 30 days is also correct, then she will be ok. after the 6 months, she takes a cheap/ish flight to Shenzhen, crosses the border to HK then goes to a China Travel Service agent and renew again for another 6 months and comes straight back to China again. Could be done in a day I hear.

As for my case I reside in Kunming which is only a 1:45 hour flight from BKK so I am actually closer to BKK than HK, your option is definately HK for financial reasons.

For domestic flight/hotel prices check out www.elong.com and click onto their English page

To be very honest with you, as a Fiance there (as far as I know)is no such visa, so it looks as if you are stuck with the tourist visa option and I would be pleasantly surprised if your future employers could or would assist you with that, but I would doubt it.

I am not sure about your comments on your girl having to leave for 1-2 months. As i said i have heard of 6 months visas being issued if that is correct and the no need to leave every 30 days is also correct, then she will be ok. after the 6 months, she takes a cheap/ish flight to Shenzhen, crosses the border to HK then goes to a China Travel Service agent and renew again for another 6 months and comes straight back to China again. Could be done in a day I hear.

As for my case I reside in Kunming which is only a 1:45 hour flight from BKK so I am actually closer to BKK than HK, your option is definately HK for financial reasons.

For domestic flight/hotel prices check out www.elong.com and click onto their English page

Ever so grateful for your help here :)

We'll be based in Shanghai but i appreciate your comments regarding her flighting out after 6 months and returning straight away, i hope this is the case :D

Im checking out that site you posted :D

kind regards

Lee