Two Judges In Thaksin’s Frozen Assets Case Seek 'Safe House'

webfact

It was inappropriate to report that 2 judges have relocated. It was wrong because it is a breach of security and it was wrong because it violates the judges supposed impartiality. Throughout the world, many judges are given additional security. It is not broadcast for security reasons. Inapropriate reporting.

This is not the first call to censor news that may be seen as detrimental to the red shirts made by their supporters here. (Another poster on a different thread accused the Nation of publishing inflamatory comments made by the red leadership and said they should have been edited out). Unfortunately guys, that sort of censorship went out the door the same time your leader did. If the reds don't want unsavoury comments or news printed then they should refrain from making them. (In this case, the story is a direct result of the veiled threats made by Sae Daeng).

It wasn't a call to censor the news, nor has it anything to do with red shirt support as you claim. Responsible disclosure is no different than a "Publication Ban". A judge will order such a ban that precludes information disclosed in a hearing from being immediately released. This is done to ensure a fair hearing. A court must be seen as impartial and more importantly, must act in an impartial manner. In this case, the court did not even say the judges were in a safe house. That's the key.

Please read the report again; they can request a place to work besides their own offices

Plenty of judges have alternative work places, particularly when their presence in Chambers may disrupt other proceedings or if the disruption around the office interferes with their work. During abortion hearings judges in the USA often relocate to alternative worksites. It happened in Canada during the Hells Angels trials and in the UK at the height of the Irish troubles. The courts did not make this information known as it was not important. The press behaved in a responsible manner by not publishing the info.

What we have here is a third party reporting information that some people may misinterpret. I caution that the only information that matters is that which is in a formal information release from the court. There was no official release of such information. I doubt if an implicated judge would have agreed to any public discussion of the subject as it creates a negative impression of the proceedings. It's unfair to do this to the court. If you do not believe me, please ask one of the law school info centers or your own legal counsel.

need safety from their wives maybe... got to take the mia noi somewhere.... 555

I don't understand what the work that these judges are meant to have is after all they have allready been told what to decide haven't they?

Why don't you offer some proof for your libelous claims?

Way 2 much coffee, read the post again, it's a question which means it cannot be libel..... I didnt get where I am today without having been a lawyer! :)

As a Thai I do find it offensive the amount of cynicism so many farang on this forum have about the Thai 'character'. According to so many we are a bunch of immoral, greedy, corrupt, easily bought, lazy, stupid bunch with a self destructive bent. Really? Yes, there are elements in society - case in point, Thaksin, but also many in other political parties, including Dems - who fit into the above descriptions, but there are also the majority of Thais who are fed up with red/yellow, corruption, politicians and all that is going on. I doubt LandoftheFree has a clue about the judges and their backgrounds, yet he claims they are all being told what to do by some invisible power? You accuse them of complete lack of integrity, I would argue that it is nasty ignorant comments like that that lack integrity.

As a Thai I do find it offensive the amount of cynicism so many farang on this forum have about the Thai 'character'. According to so many we are a bunch of immoral, greedy, corrupt, easily bought, lazy, stupid bunch with a self destructive bent. Really? Yes, there are elements in society - case in point, Thaksin, but also many in other political parties, including Dems - who fit into the above descriptions, but there are also the majority of Thais who are fed up with red/yellow, corruption, politicians and all that is going on. I doubt LandoftheFree has a clue about the judges and their backgrounds, yet he claims they are all being told what to do by some invisible power? You accuse them of complete lack of integrity, I would argue that it is nasty ignorant comments like that that lack integrity.

I agree that there is too much stereotyoping of Thai character on this board in general. That stereotyping can be done for all nations and is equally flawed. Hey and I am not even Thai

Thai bashing is not permitted on the forum. Care should be exercised in posting comments about the Thai judiciary as well, and criticism of a court ruling is against the law, if I recall correctly. If you feel that people are making broad anti-Thai comments please feel free to hit the report button and a moderator will take a look at them.

Because people feel that a certain group or organization or political party lacks positive traits does not mean that all Thais lack those traits.

If posters stay on topic, it is much less likely that they will stray into areas that cause deletions, warnings and suspension.

My take on this is that these judges are sending signals that they need "more" to thinking about.

theres no way they could get away with that, could they? :)

If I had a billion in cash stuffed into suitcases I would want a safe place to count it, and have a gloat or two! They will also want to consider whether or not to bury it on the vast family estate or to find a way to transport it to the Virgin Islands.

I hope I'm the first to put my apartment forward as a very safe house.

need safety from their wives maybe... got to take the mia noi somewhere.... 555

I don't understand what the work that these judges are meant to have is after all they have allready been told what to decide haven't they?

Why don't you offer some proof for your libelous claims?

Way 2 much coffee, read the post again, it's a question which means it cannot be libel..... I didnt get where I am today without having been a lawyer! :)

Sorry landofthefree. If I were you I wouldn't place so much trust in your unfounded belief. You might just end up in a world of trouble sometime. For your info: Inferences can and have been found libelous. For example if the question's intent was to cast doubt then it could very well be ruled libelous.

Be careful, hiding it cloak of the internet some people make brave statements. In the last several months statements made in the internet have been successfully used to convict people for their false comments on the internet.

Good luck.

Regards,

If I had a billion in cash stuffed into suitcases I would want a safe place to count it, and have a gloat or two! They will also want to consider whether or not to bury it on the vast family estate or to find a way to transport it to the Virgin Islands.

I hope I'm the first to put my apartment forward as a very safe house.

I trust you can provide links to your allegations that the judges are corrupt? I'll tell you what, I'll provide links to evidence of Thaksin's corruption, you do so for your allegations. Loser takes a holiday for posting lies.