Thai licence

can anyone tell me if i can apply for a thai driving licence on a marriage visa, it seems to be you cannot without a work visa, is this right???

No work permit needed, just Non- immigrant visa is the minimum requirement

BEGS is right,After running all over the country for a couple of years,I finally went legal and it was no big deal,but watch the Thai translations on the test,as they can be a little deceptive,and if you can parallel park on the first try,you will blow them away.

i drive with out a driving licence, when a police pull me over,

i just say: no poot thai, no poot thai, and pretended to drop 200baht to the floor,

and the police say: I don't speak english, I don't speak english,

and we: both say OK, OK ,

he say: you go now

i say: krap, krap, bye, bye banana.gif

thanks, so with my non-imm visa i can go along and get a thai licence, what does the test involve?? driving and written??

Have a look in here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/320.0.html

Cost is still Baht 105 for cars (1 year valid)

Since recently they do issue 5-years licences for Baht 505, probably not on first application.

So if you have an international Drivers's permit issued abroad, means from your home country together with your actual licence, you might get away with a test for colour blindness, only.

Application at Land Transportation Department in charge for your given residence address.

Tomy: Basically I do agree to what you say. Only one problem, you have an accident and (most) insurance companies will not pay. Many insurance certificates do have a clause in the (Thai) smallprint that the iinsured must have a valid Thai-licence.

Generally speaking, if you already have a driving licence from Uk or US then you do not need to take a test. You will be given a Thai licence on the strength of your existing licence,(depending on their mood that day of course)

Otherwise the test is both written and practical. The centre here does not have an English language version.

driving without driving licence is wrong i agree, i will get me licence soon, oh! wait, i mean i will buy my licence :o, as for insurance hmmm! never thought about that, i do have insurance tho.

Don't drink and drive no matter what country you live in toast.gif

tomy...you wouldn't know this because you want to live by the seat of your pants, but there is a color blindness test when you apply for yout thai driver's license. i don't know what they would do if you couldn't pass this test...tip or no license.

and by the way, it's guys like you who give foreigners a bad name...come over here and do whatever you want and just try to tip your way out of any problem. i cannot wait till you have an accident or happen to run into an honest cop (yes, there are a couple in LOS) and opps, no license, no insurance, and opps, your ass busted to prison.

jonniebkk, why so harsh, i live my life to the fullset, im sorry i can't say anything about blindness cause im not blind, i had 2 option to get me license, either to buy or take the real thing, i took the real thing and guest what, the guy didn't even give shiet if i do bad or good he just wanna get it over with, so you tell me what the point.

yes im a foreigners, but a diferent kind of foreigners from you im asian american, i blend in, if i were to wear a slipper around they couldn't tell the different between me and them

i know 2 kind of rules and law, the asian way and the western way, i also know 2 way of living. i speak 3 languages. i have a girl friend that does not come from a bar.

and yes i can do what ever i want most of the time, just don't ask don't tell rules.

i did get into accident( minor one) i ask the guy, you wanna settle here or wait for the cop, i guest he need the money, i ran a red light before not in tention and yes a honest cop pull me over, i told him my license and insurance is at home, forget to bring them, he told me remember bring then next time, and on my way, if the situation back in the state the officer will ticket you and send you on your way.

its simple be smart don't try to hard, if there are a way in there's alway a way out.

there's a different between you and me, we are both foreigners but i have a little advantage over you.

what would i know, im just another guyshrug.gif

i speak 3 languages.

-----------------------------------------------

there's a different between you and me, we are both foreigners but i have a little advantage over you.banana.gif

what would i know, im just another guyshrug.gif

Tomy,

I use to speak 3 languages when I was 7 years old. Now at a ripe old age, sadly only 2 now, English and after 6.00 p.m. Rubbish.

:otoast.gif:D

Second part of your post:-

Good on you. Chok Dee Mak Krap B)B)B)

P.S.

Is your Avatar really Bob Dylan smoking in the wrong Joint shrug.gif

B)B)B)

i'll bet the best part of your life is after 6.00p.m , no stress no worry, the night belong to you, and every night is heaven, cheer toast.giftoast.gif

Every day to me is a “Happy New Year”. The only problem in this world you only have it around 4 or 5 of them. In Thailand, we do at have them, at least 3 of them, as you well know. NY, CNY & Songkran, so me think

B)B):o:D

Tam mai,

lets call every beer “Happy New Beer”

Cheers B)B)B)B)

P.S. Don't drink & drive you might spill it - Scot Lansdown - R.I.P.