Selling English Paperback Books

khonla

Greetings,

Looking to get more than 20 baht for my paperbacks. I am in Sapan Kwai but am open to travel to other areas in Bangkok.

I have been going to the same book buyer at the weekend market and the rate seems to change each time I go.

My books are in English and I have 30 to sell each time.

Anyone know of a better book buyer?

Thanks in advance,

Khonla

There is a bookstore called Dasa on Sukhumvit (pass the Emporium going towards Thong Lo, same side of Emporium). He will buy or exchange your English for more than 20 baht and he has a very good selection of book.

By far my favorite bookstore in Bangkok

Cheers

I have a new bookshop in Koh Chang. I'm in Bangkok once a month and I'll buy them from you every time (how often?) if they're decent books in good nick.

Just send me a bit more information on titles, languages etc. and how much you're looking for please.

I have been trying to sell a selection also - see my ad on Thai Visa - 19 books, I e-mailed the list to Dasa, who declined except for 1 title, I took them to the other 2nd hand shopnear by the BTS Station there, he offered 25 baht a book. As usual getting any Baht out of a Thai is akin to searching for the Holy Grail on Foot !

Someone here should be thinking about a within Thailand, online second-hand book forum/buy sell and swap thing. I got loads..send me thirty books and I'll send you thirty right back.

Good idea. Here's my stack of books. Of these, I would most recommend chuck thompson - "smile when you're lying", as it is fairly relevant and insightful to the expat life.

novels

elmore leonard - be cool

elmore leonard - road dogs

haruki murakami - sputnik sweetheart

charles bukowski - ham on rye

donald goines - dopefiend

nick hornby - a long way down

alex garland - the beach

john burdett - bangkok haunts

chuck thompson - smile when you're lying

aravind adiga - the white tiger

thailand books

bangkok street atlas

thai reference grammar

becker - thai english dictionary

diving in thailand

chic restaurants and bars bangkok 2006

haruki murakami - sputnik sweetheart

charles bukowski - ham on rye

donald goines - dopefiend

nick hornby - a long way down

alex garland - the beach

john burdett - bangkok haunts

aravind adiga - the white tiger

thai reference grammar

becker - thai english dictionary

diving in thailand

I sell books and those listed above are all highly desirable and especially the two in bold print (the ones that I did not list are really commonly found, but good books and I would buy them for a little less). Off the top of my head, if they were in decent condition, I would pay well over 1,000 baht for the ones on my list. I do not understand why anyone is refusing them and why you are being offered so little for some pretty decent books. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Let me know what type of books, if you can ship them to Phetchabun and how much money you want, certainly will pay more than 20 baht. I'm not a dealer but an avid reader but no books up here.

Cheers

Jacko, I hate to hear of "no books up here". If you can arrange shipping you can have 150++ English paperbacks (mainly), novels (mainly) for 10 Baht each and maybe start your own swop-shop up there. A man and a van should not cost much.

I am not sure how to do a PM (moderator help please?), but if you can get an email address to me or phone no. we can exchange info. I do not want to put my phone or email here.

I live in BKK and I'm moving to a smaller apt end of March.

Thairet

I have been trying to sell a selection also - see my ad on Thai Visa - 19 books, I e-mailed the list to Dasa, who declined except for 1 title, I took them to the other 2nd hand shopnear by the BTS Station there, he offered 25 baht a book. As usual getting any Baht out of a Thai is akin to searching for the Holy Grail on Foot !

Jeez. If they are only offering 25 baht I think I'll donate mine to the Neilson Hayes library.

a friend of mine owns blue sky books in Ban Phe opposite koh samet island. You could give him a call (Jim 0817611388). He goes into Bangkok every now and again maybe u guys could hook up. Otherwise have a break and go to koh samet island and pop into his shop in Ban Phe

good luck

Shouldn't you be plugging your own bar/guesthouse??? Last time I went to Ban Phe i stopped in your place and had a very enjoyable evening. How is your daughter by the way?

For those who dont know, Bedrock guesthouse is a little walk down from the 7/11 in Ban Phe, run by an Aussie and his wife, excellent food and very nice people.

a friend of mine owns blue sky books in Ban Phe opposite koh samet island. You could give him a call (Jim 0817611388). He goes into Bangkok every now and again maybe u guys could hook up. Otherwise have a break and go to koh samet island and pop into his shop in Ban Phe

good luck

Shouldn't you be plugging your own bar/guesthouse??? Last time I went to Ban Phe i stopped in your place and had a very enjoyable evening. How is your daughter by the way?

For those who dont know, Bedrock guesthouse is a little walk down from the 7/11 in Ban Phe, run by an Aussie and his wife, excellent food and very nice people.

Thanks for the plug, its appreciated. Were doing ok. March looks like its going to be real slow. The daughter is ok. Yes for whoever else is reading these threads my guesthouse has a special on for the month of march aircon rooms 600 baht with 10% off of food and drink.

In hospital tomorrow having a lump cut out of the back of my neck so it may be my last post ... lol :)

Cheers

good luck

Thanks for the plug, its appreciated. Were doing ok. March looks like its going to be real slow. The daughter is ok. Yes for whoever else is reading these threads my guesthouse has a special on for the month of march aircon rooms 600 baht with 10% off of food and drink.

In hospital tomorrow having a lump cut out of the back of my neck so it may be my last post ... lol :)

Cheers

Are you still selling/producing the Noni juice?