Politics, Scandal Fuel Purge Of Pattaya Police Ranks

george

When one of the BIB is demoted to an inactive post like in charge of the railway rubbish are they allowed to keep their guns?

If so i would be worried if i was responsible for ousting them.

A high ranking police chief once stated that the only difference between a criminal and a policeman was a badge.

Would that have been Pol. Gen. (or was he another Field Marshall?) Pao Sarasin, back in 1957? :) He controlled the opium trade while Field Marshall Sarit controlled the lottery. Got his comeuppance because he demanded a share of the lottery profits too.

The change in leadership was “normal,” he said. It was only natural, he added, that those in power appoint those loyal to them.

Allegiance certainly has had its fallout, both inside and outside the Pattaya police ranks. Noppadon had been backed by ousted Region 2 commander Kriangsak and many who worked for and with him are now feeling the impact of being on the “wrong team.”

Thailand will not become a modern nation with a professional police force until people are assigned to their positions based on professional competence and can serve without regards to the changes in politics.

The change in leadership was "normal," he said. It was only natural, he added, that those in power appoint those loyal to them.

Allegiance certainly has had its fallout, both inside and outside the Pattaya police ranks. Noppadon had been backed by ousted Region 2 commander Kriangsak and many who worked for and with him are now feeling the impact of being on the "wrong team."

Thailand will not become a modern nation with a professional police force until people are assigned to their positions based on professional competence and can serve without regards to the changes in politics.

yes, even if the pay is crap... :) but I'm not going to hold my breath...

I went to Pattaya yesterday. It has been 35 years since I was there. I found it disgusting and although I had checked into a hotel thinking to spend one night, I left at 9 p.m. Who needs to see a circus of foreigners drinking beer on the streets looking at prostitutes. What a sick place it has become. To those of you who were there in the 1970's I hope you can appreciate my comments. I guess many people have not been able to live their dreams and try to find them there. Do people not have better things to do with their time?

^ Maybe he can lead a crackdown on kids that put coins on the tracks or hobos

Kids puting hobos on the tracks. That's outrageous! Where's the humanity. :D

I thought it reads cracking down on kids who put coins on hobos.

Why those impish little...little... :)

:D :D

Noppadon’s critics claim he paid 10 million baht to leave his Chonburi Provincial Police command early to take over the Pattaya station.

TAWP:Funny, this is the exact amount a friend quoted to me for that level of position some 2 years ago.

Did your friend tell you how much the monthly pay would be, once you were in?

Noppadon's critics claim he paid 10 million baht to leave his Chonburi Provincial Police command early to take over the Pattaya station.

TAWP:Funny, this is the exact amount a friend quoted to me for that level of position some 2 years ago.

Did your friend tell you how much the monthly pay would be, once you were in?

And Thaksin is corrupt :) same old, same old.