'the Driver Fled The Scene'

Pdaz

Pdaz, Luckily for you and your girlfriend the woman fled the scene otherwise you would have ended up paying for any damage to the women and the scoot !!!!

Unlikely.. My girl has 1st class insurance, a decent job and doesn't need my financial support.. She's used to me being away on business so is pretty self suficient. Never asked for a penny in our three years together.. So far so good :D

Ahhh, now you've spoiled the thread with the 'my GF is different' point of view.

:) Actually she ain't different.. She's just like thousands of 'normal' Thai women... The ones who are different are the trouble making scammers that some farangs (and Thais) are unlucky enough to get involved with...

I did say 'so far so good' maybe she's playing 'the long con' :D

I've been rear ended and hit my motorcycles all the time. Unfortunately there wasn't much I could do. Most of the time the damage wasn't too bad but what could I do? Most motorcycle drivers don't have collision insurance only the standard P.R.B. If I do wait for a policeman or call my insurance 50/50 it might be my fault because I drive the bigger vehicle. One time my friend had to pay a 500 baht fee for a motorcycle driver after an accident because he didn't have any money. No fee and the policeman wouldn't close the case whhich was needed to file the insurance claim.

This is not a problem unique to Thailand!

In Mexico there is no law against hit and run (Napoleonic Law), but a accident in which a person is injured is a criminal offence. So US drivers involved in a accident, pull (a Taco Bell and head for the border) .

One should be knowledgeable about a countries laws before driving there, US hit and run drivers is a common occurrence in Mexican border cities.

Cheers: :)