Granite

ChiangMaiFun

let's see... I own 9 condos here and know just about every major farang owner in the business - hope you are right that you have discovered a major 'loop-hole' that we have ALL missed - I shall report back to be sure, to be sure - I am wrong fair enough! but YOU be prepared to eat humble pie too chaimai?

NO pie for me Mr 9 Condo. You now have two posts confirming granite for 650 baht per square meter or less in CM shops. Now a third from me since today I stopped by the shop near Lotus Khum Tiang that I mentioned and they had piles of 60cmx60cm pieces at 650 baht per square meter first ask price. No BS about color because you never mentioned it.

READ the posts - if you want cheap rubbish go and buy it - IF you read my posts you would have seen me mention Thai Local granite not China rubbish - and as you can see it starts at 2,000 up - eat your pie like a good boy and get of my thread thanks...

Oh my I must have missed your mention of "Thai Local granite not China rubbish", please do help me and tell me the post number for the post in which you mentioned it.

In the title of my thread Bill:

Granite, I hear there are 'local' suppliers

I am looking for local granite here in Chiang Mai - not imported, not Granito or substitutes or from China or TimBukTu. I will go look today but I don't think your 200 meters was local Thai Granite - but if I'm wrong then it's good news and I'll buy it :)

Middle ring road off Hang Dong road - but it is on the side approaching Hang Dong road.

Turn onto middle ring road at Big C, take the first U turn and the shop is on the left. Not very big but we paid 625 sq m for granite for flooring

He also has stuff at 3,500 sq m if you want it.

Think it is called Chiang Mai stone and used to be near Windsor windows but recently moved. Only Thai spoken.

I used Chiang Mai Stone and they did a good job (granite work tops) for a reasonable price. Some of their granite is cheaper than some shops I checked out in Tak. CMS is on the left, a few 100 mtrs before the traffic lights, as you drive on the inner ring road from SuperHighway towards Hang Dong Big C.

Good morning fellow graniteers...

Right visited Ching Mai Stone near Big C and they looked the best dealer around - Thai granite starts at 2,500 up and China granite can be had for 650.

They had some beautiful Norwegian Blue Pearl (which I used in my last condo for my counter top).

The colours for Granite are very limited though... I'm unsure whether a large floor will look 'messy' or 'busy' when it is covered in Granite - a hotel or such might be ok but unsure about a home - and Marble is way too soft of course...

A friend (yes I do have some) mentioned a product called 'Trevertine'?

A question - I am renovating a high-end condo - if you were going to buy one (say around 5m) would you 'expect' to see a granite or parquet floor or would high quality off-white tile be ok? If I switch to tile I would still put granite and marble in the two bathrooms.

A question - I am renovating a high-end condo - if you were going to buy one (say around 5m) would you 'expect' to see a granite or parquet floor or would high quality off-white tile be ok? If I switch to tile I would still put granite and marble in the two bathrooms.

If you are planning to rent out the condo, put down a parquet floor.  Always looks nice, but be sure to do a very cheapo polish / varnish, that scratches really easily, so you can keep the deposit when the tenant moves out  :)

If you are planning to rent out the condo, put down a parquet floor. Always looks nice, but be sure to do a very cheapo polish / varnish, that scratches really easily, so you can keep the deposit when the tenant moves out :)

Hmmmm parquet is 1100 + 180 installation

Granite 650 - 2000 + same installetion

Tiles 350 + same Installation