Re-entry Permit

Quick question.

Can a re-entry permit be applied for and obtained from Immigration on Saturday morning like at Suan Plu previously? Also are there any other places in Bangkok beyond Chaeng Wattana that can issue the permit?

1) No. Chaeng Wattana is not open at the weekends.

2) No. The previous facility to obtain at airport was withdrawn. But have seen one report of re-entry permit being issued at Suvanabhumi in case of extreme emergency (and member had to jump through many hoops and obtain approval at higher level).

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the One Stop Visa Centre which is at Sam Yan MRT station. You take the MRT to Sam Yan. Exit straight into Tesco Lotus food court and take the escalator up. Walk through the shopping centre (Chamchuree Square) past numerous restaurants (Fuji, No.8, KFC, Starbucks etc), banks and other shops to the lifts for the Offices. Go to the 18th floor (no security) and you're there. Don't think it's open at weekends though.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the One Stop Visa Centre which is at Sam Yan MRT station. You take the MRT to Sam Yan. Exit straight into Tesco Lotus food court and take the escalator up. Walk through the shopping centre (Chamchuree Square) past numerous restaurants (Fuji, No.8, KFC, Starbucks etc), banks and other shops to the lifts for the Offices. Go to the 18th floor (no security) and you're there. Don't think it's open at weekends though.

What if your residence is not registered in the Bangkok area?

I was told by an immigration officer (but got almost no follow up on ThaiVisa) that reentry permits can now be obtained "at any immigration office."

The officer said "there was no longer any requirement to obtain the permit at the immigration office you are registered in."

The only exception is the international airport, the place where they actually should issue them (TIT).

Now........does any person with actual knowledge other than the immigration officer I talked with know if this is true or not?

Thanks.

That you know have to go to your own immigraiton office for a re-entry permit was part of an official derictive (police order). I have not seen a police order saying you can apply at anny immigration office.

If you want to know, you could call the government information hotline: 1111, they also answer immigration questions.

That you know have to go to your own immigraiton office for a re-entry permit was part of an official derictive (police order). I have not seen a police order saying you can apply at anny immigration office.

If you want to know, you could call the government information hotline: 1111, they also answer immigration questions.

Thanks, but I think the immigration officers should know.

What I would like is for some expats to start asking about this when they go to their respective immigration offices and give us feedback.

If we can get the "useless" re-entry permit at any location except the most obvious one (airport.......TIT), that would be good for some of us that now have to travel across the universe for it.

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the One Stop Visa Centre which is at Sam Yan MRT station.

That service may be available to persons specifically authorised to use that facility, but not to 'joe farang' AFAIK and have not seen any reports confirming. If you have other information then please share, as will be of interest to many.

Re-entry permits can be obtained at the One Stop Visa Centre which is at Sam Yan MRT station.

That service may be available to persons specifically authorised to use that facility, but not to 'joe farang' AFAIK and have not seen any reports confirming. If you have other information then please share, as will be of interest to many.

What is AFAIK?

That aside, yes, please start asking immigration officers if it is true that you can now obtain a re-entry permit at any immigration office, not just the one that serves you due to your authorized address (or something like that).

One immigration officer told me "yes." (That officer also said due to financial constraints/poor economy the re-entry permit facility at the airport was closed.)

Most of us have been here long enough to know that immigration laws are not always enforced uniformly at all locations.