Iphone Battery Life Solutions

Abrak

I dont think most iphone users think the battery is that bad they just recognize it has a big screen and they use the phone a lot. But it is annoying you forget to charge it and it is dead on you. Quite frankly I have just been lazy before and not tackled this issue before. I have a solution - I dont think it is necessarily the best but it is perhaps a starter.

I went into the 'Istudio' in Phuket and bought an additional battery pack that plugs into the bottom of the iphone for Bt900. It is rechargeable and charges from a USB connection like the phone. It is neat because it actually charges the phone. Roughly it adds 1% charge a minute so after 30 minutes of connection you have 30% charge. The specs are capacity 1900, in put 800, output 500 - doesnt mean much to me but the battery which is about half the size of an iphone I would guess is actually bigger than the iphone 3GS which I think is either 1200 or 1400 so you can use it to add juice a few times.

I bought it from Istudio but it doesnt say the brand. It looks very much like a Storm battery pack addition in every way but it is cheaper and just simply doesnt have a brand attached to it. Obviously buying something from an Istudio is not going to get you a great price so you should assume it is some knock off copy of something. Anyway it is just a good solution to an irritating problem. It took about 2 hours to totally recharge my phone.

3G seems to be a huge drain, whether you use it or not.

Yes I agree. I am told one of the problems of having it enabled when say your network doesnt even have 3G, is that the iphone wastes a lot of battery searching for a 3G connection that isnt there in the first place.

HDRIDER's solution does seem fine although it looks considerably bigger than the actual iphone itself!!

HI

Its a lot smaler

Why turn everything off when you have a phone there have "everything" i NEED my mails straight away, and 5 days you are way out with a 3G, no way if you want to use it as a business phone, dont tell me you only use it as a clock, iphone battery life sucks Nikster and there is nothing you can do about it.

lets get a iphone where you can change the battery or get a battery life like so many other business phones, but that will be the day i guess

It's all a matter of physics and battery technology. If you want days of battery power, here's a simple solution: just go out and buy a cheap Nokia with a one inch low resolution display, no GPRS and no Wifi. If you want a large display, a constant connection to GPRS/Wifi, push notifications, listening to music, web browsing etc., what can we expect given current battery technology and the size of the iPhone?

Personally, I use my iPhone with email push via EDGE or wifi all day, make and receive calls, and it always lasts with more than enough charge through the day. That said, on a given business day, I don't do a lot of playing around with web browsing and other power hungry applications. I certainly don't want to sacrifice the size of the iPhone just for a larger battery.

They could make a battery there will last for more than 1 day, look @ other phones they can

Love my iPhone

Again, it depends on how you use it. I don't think any phone's battery will last a day if you spend hours watching YouTube videos over wifi, or even hours and hours of calls. It's just a matter of technology, physics and how much power can be stored in such a small battery.

Lots of phones will last more than a day on a charge, including iPhone, if you just use it for occasional calls.

They could make a battery there will last for more than 1 day, look @ other phones they can

Love my iPhone

Again, it depends on how you use it. I don't think any phone's battery will last a day if you spend hours watching YouTube videos over wifi, or even hours and hours of calls. It's just a matter of technology, physics and how much power can be stored in such a small battery.

Lots of phones will last more than a day on a charge, including iPhone, if you just use it for occasional calls.

Hi

I don’t agree, i travel a lot and need my mail all the time, business is business, i have a few phones and all of them last longer than my iphone when using everything, i use it as a business phone and write mails on it when i travel, i always have to charge it every day.

i do like the iphone but will change if i find "the one" i am not addicted to Apple like some :)

Love my iPhone

Hi

I don’t agree, i travel a lot and need my mail all the time, business is business, i have a few phones and all of them last longer than my iphone when using everything, i use it as a business phone and write mails on it when i travel, i always have to charge it every day.

i do like the iphone but will change if i find "the one" i am not addicted to Apple like some :)

My iPhone is a business phone as well. I have three mail accounts running on it (including an Exchange account), all are on continuously and using push notification either through wifi (when I am in my office) or EDGE (when I'm not).

By the end of yesterday, I had spent an hour or two on calls using a bluetooth headset, checked my email a few times when I was out of the office and did a couple of quick replies at lunch, and looked at a webpage or two. I didn't use it for music, play games, chat or anything else, but it's what I could call a normal day of use for me. At the end of the day, I still had more than half a charge. I guess I could probably get two days out of it, but I charge it every night and I don't really mind doing that. Sure, the battery would have been completely flat if I had spent a few hours playing on the internet, but that's not what my phone is for. I guess I'm not all that bothered by charging it every night.

So just for comparison, what other comparable phones go for two days without a charge? By comparable, I mean with the same display size, wifi and EDGE enabled with push, and of similar size and weight? I'm certainly no Apple apologist, but it just seems to me that it's a tradeoff between size, power usage, and the storage capacity of lithium ion batteries, right?