Do The Thais Like Living In Thailand?

eurasianthai

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is due to the visa status requirements.

hel_l, if there was an open visa or refugee status let the flood gates open, I'm sure Thailand would loose at least a million citizens in a blink.

Not a scientific poll however being an Asian American and surrounded by many other Asian immigrants, where else LA.

I noticed that asians from poorer countries generally want to go back home when they retire, example Philippines and Thais as they can retire cheap an comfortable.

Phillipinos are the largest Asian American group, with roughly 4 million compared to 150-200k Thais. And over 10 million overseas worldwide. Thais could do the same thing, emigrate in huge numbers, but they don't. It's not really easier for Koreans, Vietnamese, Phillipinos, Chinese, etc to move to the US, but they all do in the millions each, while Thais are only a handful.

I beg to differ. It is much easier for Philipinos to emigrate to the US compared to Thais as they are more of a "skillied worker" and english has a major part in why they are more welcomed. Thais stay put because they are not skilled workers.

For example the largest group would be the chinese because of the mid to late 1800's labor force demand and continued growth from in recent years from taiwan and hong kong and mainland china.

2nd largest group, Filipinos because they are skilled workers, english skill and educational skills. Namely nurses and care givers in the US.

The next big groups...

Vietnamese obviously not skilled in either but mostly as refugees

Koreans came in either as skilled workers or investment through business

Japanese started out with labourers in the early 1900's

Thais are small in number because they were never forced out of a worn torn country type scenario. They also have very limited skill, language and investment.

There is no sense in the US allowing thai nationals when there are other nations that can easily be more qualified. Thus the reason why thais generally have an extremely hard time receiving any type of visa to the US.

If thais were easily granted work visa to the US, there would be a mile long line out the door of US embassy.

Edited by tangcoral

Filipinos speak English and are, on average, better educated than Thai people, the reason you see more of them going abroad than Thais.

Not really because Thai people think they are better off in their country than the Filipinos think they are in their country...

Edited by eurasianthai

Just like my Thai fellow students in Japan. Most of them return(ed) to Thailand by choice.

And I'm not surprised they returned by choice. Generally the ones that were able to study abroad, namely in the US have something back home and thats a lucrative family business, plain old family money or a decent corporate job waiting for them.

Why would you want to go back if you will be suffering?

Filipinos speak English and are, on average, better educated than Thai people, the reason you see more of them going abroad than Thais. Exactly my point

Not really because Thai people think they are better off in their country than the Filipinos are...

Yes that is true, but they are not THAT much better off. Edited by tangcoral

Thai people generally want to stay in Thailand.

I can not blame them as its a nice country but

for the ambitious maybe a move away from

Thailand is good.

Unfortunately most Thai people lack the mind to

work hard for something and just want to get

things in a easy way. They like to have fun and

so Thailand is good for them as the vibe is not

so serious.

If you have a Thai partner then my advice

would be to keep it very loose and not get

too attached as a long term relationship will

be very testing.