Have 2 Months Want 3 More, Best Way? (tourist Visa)

Hi Folks,

thanks in advance for your recommendations.

U.S. Citizen, 42.

On Samui but do need to get to Bangkok for some gear in the next month. So I am open to continuing on to Vientiane then returing.

I have a 2 month, 2 entry, Thai Visa I got in the U.S.

I want to extend for 3 more months after the 2 months.

(btw. i arrived Jan 17, 2010 so March 16 or so my 2 months is up).

I am getting 2 different answers from "experts":

1. pay 1900 baht in Thailand for 1 month extension, then leave the country for another 2 months.

2. leave the country and return for another 2 months. Then leave the country again for another 2 months.

What do you think?

here's an actual image of my Thai Visa.

hasse_touristvisa2.jpg

Thank you.

The choice is yours.

1. Extend your current stay at Samui Immigration for another 30 days. 1,900 Baht.

After that exit the country and return for another 60 days. That can also be extended for a

further 30 days if needed.

2. Leave the country and return for 60 days and then extend that for a further 30 days at

Immigration.

What ever suits you and adds up to enough time in the country.

Basically each entry gives 60 days and can both be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

2. leave the country and return for another 2 months. Then leave the country again for another 2 months.

as you have 2 entries you can only enter thailand once more

if you only plan is to stay in thailand as long as possible i would extend your current stay for another 30 days at immigration, then leave thailand and re-enter before the "enter before" date passes and get another 60 days (which you can extend for 30 days also)

Be advices that if you extend your visa on Samui and want one more visa back to back.

Closest consulate from Samui is Penang and they will not give one more visa if you have extended a previous one.

So you have to choices.

Extend your entry with 30 days then make a border dash for another 60 days, then extend for 30 days.

Then either make two land border runs 15+15 days or one flight in for another 30 day visa exempt stamp.

Other option is to not use the extensions and go to penang for a another 60-days tourist visa.