Long Time Stay In Thailand With Wife And Kids

I plan to goto Thailand next month to stay there for a long time.

What Visa do I apply for?? I already have taken Non-Immi O before twice but my stay was only for 2 months at that time.

I need to say there without showing a big amount in my bank to the Immi guys.

Can I keep extending my Visa while I am staying in Thailand??

Nationality mine is Indian whereas my wife and kids are Thai Nationals ans we have been staying here in India sice the past 27 years with all proper docs and India does not require any money showing clauses like in Thailand.

Kindly advice me as to what visa categofy and time period to take to enter Thailand and how to keep extending it if it is possible.

thanks in advance

Multiple-entry non-immigrant "O" would be the best, if you can get one. That would allow you to stay in Thailand a maximum of 15 months by making a border run every 90 days. A 1 year extension of stay based on marriage would require 400,000 baht in a local bank account.

Edited by InterestedObserver

You can not stay in Thailand without 400k in bank account for several months each year or proof of 40k per month income on the basis of marriage. You could extend every 90 days for study of Thai under current policy. Otherwise you are subject to a maximum stay of 90 days per visa entry. Multi entry non immigrant O is best but in local area only KL seems to be willing to issue normally at this time, and they want to see 100k or more in a Thai bank account when doing so.

I can get Multiple-entry non-immigrant "O" not a problem as I already sopke to the Embassy here in India. At the airport Immigration will give me a maximum of 3 months. What then?

Any other way besides the Visa run???

It's really stupid not letting a family stay together???

It really sucks if there is no way around it besides Visa Run and Bank balance.

My wife and kids have been staying here with me in India for the past 17 years without showing any bank balance.

Now we plan to move to Thailand. My wife already has a house there.

But this country's logic sucks....

I can get Multiple-entry non-immigrant "O" not a problem as I already sopke to the Embassy here in India. At the airport Immigration will give me a maximum of 3 months. What then?

My wife and kids have been staying here with me in India for the past 17 years without showing any bank balance.

lol if you think Thailand is sucks why you want to come here everry country Immigration law different

If you absolutely won't make border runs every 90 days then you're going to have to get a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage. That requires 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for extended periods or 40,000 baht per month income. As a farang living in Thailand you are expected to have money.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Well ! Laws have to be logical and practical for Genuine Appilcants like me.

You cannot ask the Genuine Applicant to do impossible things like get the stars from the Sky.

My wife is homesick after all these 17 years staying away from her family, so I though of moving to Thailand for some time and if everything went well to stay there with her and my kids.

These laws are impracticle and illlogical !!!

Do you understand what I mean to say.

You are right the rules are not a bit unfair and strange, but they are worse than that.

Well, for me to survive in Thailand, I have a very good indepth knowledge of Computer, Printers, Laptops etc Repairing and software installations and troubleshooting and rectification. This way what I am presently doing in my country.

My plan is to open up a repair centre in Thailand in my wife's or son's name and do all the hard work myself (in the background i.e opaquely). That would take care of all requirements for the future for me and my family.

My wife plans to open up a Departmental Store selling Jewellery and other items.

Any thoughts.......

Why don’t you stay in your beautiful India? You already hate the Thai laws and its visa requirements. You can apply for a Non-O based on the fact that you’re obviously married with a Thai. They might need you as a Supreme Court commander. Please contact: Mr. Pheebaa Maibaitenee: 0860713572214

Clarification for Baht 40,000 ///----

1. Does it have to be deposited every month in my Thai Bank Account on the same day ?????

2. How does the deposit have to show up in my account ??????

3. Interbank deposit or Wire Transfer or Cheque/Draft deposit or Cash Deposit ??????

40,000 baht needs to be income. You don't need to recieve it in Thailand. If from abroad, you need to get a letter fom your embassy confirming your income. Each embassy has its own rules as to what they will accept as proof.

Most immirgation office will also want to see a bank book with some money in it, (I suggest at least 20,000) but there is no requirement you wire 40,000 baht a month every month to your Thai bankaccount.

I have friends coming to Bangkok very frequently in a month for shopping or purchasing purposes. I could take cash from them and give them Bearer cheques of my local bank in India which they could withdraw when they go back. This way I save on the expenses of Wire Transfer and also possibly my bank in India does not have Wire Transfer.

If I was to deposit a Cheque or Draft, it would take a long time to reflect I have seen it happen before.

What do U say .....///-----

The 40k, if not from employment in Thailand, must be stated in a letter from your Embassy. It is not a case of depositing money - that will not work. Your Embassy must confirm your income from outside Thailand. What they require will be up to them.

"It's really stupid not letting a family stay together???"

Did immigration or anyone else actually tell you that. I suspect it has something to do with you not being able to, or wanting to follow the rules.

If you set up a computer shop and work illegally, no matter how much you defend it, it won't help your case because you'd still need a work permit to be able to use the money for your visa.

You've been given some good advice in some of the above posts. Don't get so fixated on worrying about transferring money here. Re-read the advice above.

I understand your wife getting homesick and wanting to come back here. I really do hope things work out for you and your family.