Where To Buy Gold Coins/bars In Pattaya

Phil Conners

When gold was a bargain I used to buy bars at the gold-shop next to the Chinese seafood place next to Royal Garden Mall on Pattaya 2nd Road.

I used to pop in a few days before, tell the manager what I wanted, then he would mobile me and I would collect.

BTW: Have a good place to store them (hiding place) and don't tell anyone, even your wife.

What about silver? Investment grade silver 99,999% pure.

I havnt been able to find anyone who sells that.

Too bulky.

SILVER

from a members message back in September:

Mr T

"The best place to buy silver in ingot form is at Bangkok Assay on Charoen Krueng Rd."

If you google the name Bkk Assay you will be able to get a more complete address from their website.

Alternatively, if you go to the GPO on Charoen Krung. Stand with your back to the building and turn right and walk up the road, on the same side as the GPO. After about 200 yards you will come to an intersection where Suriwong intersects with Charoen Krung Rd. That is where you will find the Shop i.e. facing the intersection.

Yes, pellets are also called balls.

Actually, Bkk Assay have both a buy and sell window.

Spot Silver prices are displayed on a TV Screen and are linked to the world spot price + their mark-up.

Also remember that there is a 7% govt. tax that you will pay on purchasing the PM.

You will also need to provide ID and address, etc.

I do believe though that if you do take it out of Thailand you should be entitled to reimbursement of the Govt Tax. Although I would check with the HM Customs on their website first.

Here is the address below They are located near the end of suriwong road on Charoenkrung(New road). Between Silom and suriwong. Perhaps call them first to check if they have silver in stock to avoid a wasted trip.

Good luck!

Surawong Branch :

1230-32 New Road, Bangrak 10500 Thailand

Tel : 0-2233-1295 , 0-2236-6575

Fax : 0-2236-6574

Somebody please folow up on all this and sort out this old info.

thx

LLL

When gold was a bargain I used to buy bars at the gold-shop next to the Chinese seafood place next to Royal Garden Mall on Pattaya 2nd Road.

I used to pop in a few days before, tell the manager what I wanted, then he would mobile me and I would collect.

BTW: Have a good place to store them (hiding place) and don't tell anyone, even your wife.

So it's not something they have "in stock" ? Even 2 baht (weight) gold coins?

My wife don't have gold fever. She understand it is just an investment vehicle.

I went into the shop you mentioned. They have both 5 and 10 baht gold bars in stock. The prices is the gold price + 150 baht per baht weight.

I checked another shop on Pattaya Klang for reference, they only had 10 baht gold bars in stock and charged gold price + 200 baht per baht weight. They also charged 50 bath more for the gold per baht weight, so it's obviously worth shopping around a bit also for gold.

Phil be careful buying gold in Pattaya . We bought 10 baht from the biggest shop near tops on central ave. The unfortunate day of the crash. Not that big a deal small loss. The shop knew the price was down by 5% & charged us the rate of the last day before the crash. we noticed 2 other shops that were posted lower & the shop we got it from claimed the fifth & We learned from the experience. a month later we decided to get out & the same shop offered to buy back the gold at 1000 baht less on top of the sell back rate. We were lucky to have gone to another shop up the road that gave us the actual online cost back. We stopped doing business with the smiling faces after that. Live & learn. just watch your current prices & who you deal with. They were always on the up & up on smaller purchases.....