what a good ending

i finally watched endgame through

i don't know what to say

speechless

shocking and scary

earth shattering stuff

thanks for the post

this is a must see, and much food for thought to say the least

Do not know if I have been lucky but........ Go up Sia Khao every leave to visit GF parents. 9 houses share a well. Water is pumped to each house by an electric pump until the two troughs in the toilet and all their vats are full. This water is used for drinking, cooking and washing. Never had a stomach upset.

House in Pattaya (Arunotai) has a well that we use. Pump pressurises the internal water system, only cuts in on fall of pressure. GF has said no problem with water. I use it for brushing teeth and cooking but reluctant to use for drinking???? I know rinsing mouth after brushing teeth can do damage, but yet again no stomach upsets and the water is clear and non-smelling.

Maybe I am just lucky that I have not caught anything, or, it may have been my exposure to all sorts of dodgy water from West/South Africa, Central/South Americas and the far East that has given me some sort of resistance/immunity. Who knows?

I lived in Thailand 6 years and have yet to drink the tap water and I don't know anyone who does. Vegetables, pots, pans and dishes receive a final rinse with bottles water. Clean water is cheap. I remember this same topic was discussed in the United States in the 1950's and fluoride became a running joke in a 1964 movie called "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" staring Peter Sellers and George C. Scott. They are both dead now. Maybe it was the fluoride! :o

Edited by grantbkk

Well, I've been doing some research, and it seems that Reverse Osmosis removes fluoride but doesn't remove other chemicals like pesticides. However, if the RO filter is combined with a carbon filter, it will remove the pesticides too. In the US it is common to combine the two types in one unit. So what I think I need is a SMALL (so I can take it with me when I move) RO/carbon unit.

We have two RO/multi-filter systems, one in the inside kitchen with a tap for drinking water and a line going to the ice maker in the fridge. We have the other one in the outside kitchen with a tap for drinking water. They are relatively small in that they fit under the sinks and the filter sets are removable for cleaning, changing the filters. Yes, you could take them with you when you move.

We got ours at Home Pro: they installed and they come out every 6 months and service. I change the carbon filter when I see it is dirty in its clear plasic holder.

We use just plain tap water for washing vegetables. And all the 20 some people used by the community for upkeep that I see daily are always taking jugs of tap water home for drinking vice the water available to them in their housing (whatever that may be). I occassionally drink tap water and drink more but the taste is off because I am used to bottled and RO water. Maybe Chiangmai tap water is better?

• 2 years later...
If you live in BKK, just buy the 6L. Nestle Pure Life-bags ...

Yep - Nestle Pure Life or Aura. Do not drink water from the tap! (That's what it says in the Phuket Gazette, anyway.)

dscn7485a0zr.jpg

What about this Neptune natural drinking water, where would they find water the did not need to be purified ? I find that it is sold at many beach chair vendors, rather then the purified, that they used to sell, I'm sure it is a baht saving deal, not a health concern, and misleading as bottle looks like the purified bottles and the print very small, not much information that I can find, makes one wonder.

We drink Minere water Chemistry of Minere Water, the level of Fluoride is 0.47mg/l which is below the limit at which it becomes effective in combatting tooth decay. (or rather below the 0.7mg/l that would allow the manufacturers to claim it combats tooth decay where it sold in the US).

But I wonder where is the evidence that it does you any harm?

Fluoride has been used in water since the mid 1940s, hundreds of millions of people drink fluoridated water in countries with widely varying political structures from all around the world - If it has harmful side effects they would be difficult to hide.

A far bigger risk to health is sticking ill maintained filtering devices into one's water supply.