Uk Visitor Visa

Hi Brian

Depends how busy they are but usually a few weeks.

BUT you don't need to make an appointment - you can just turn up to submit the papers between 08:30 and 15:00, Monday through Friday, unless it's a public holiday.

Don't confuse making an appointment to submit the application, which you don't need to do, with the remote possibility that the applicant may be called for interview to clarify some aspects of the application. This rarely happens with tourist visa applications but can delay matters substantially when it does. Allow plenty of time - you can apply up to three months prior to the intended travel date and the visa can be post-dated on request.

If you just turn up at Regent House and submit, you should have the passport back within seven working days and it's often a lot quicker than this. The passport can be couriered back to you on payment of 300 Baht so you don't need to collect it personally.

You are aware that the application fee can only be paid by banker's draft? You can get the draft from the bank in Regent House and this is the way to do it as they know exactly what you need. There have been reports in the past that drafts obtained from other banks have been refused by VFS, for whatever reason.

Good luck

DM

Hi Brian

BUT you don't need to make an appointment - you can just turn up to submit the papers between 08:30 and 15:00, Monday through Friday, unless it's a public holiday.

Don't confuse making an appointment to submit the application, which you don't need to do, with the remote possibility that the applicant may be called for interview to clarify some aspects of the application. This rarely happens with tourist visa applications but can delay matters substantially when it does. Allow plenty of time - you can apply up to three months prior to the intended travel date and the visa can be post-dated on request.

If you just turn up at Regent House and submit, you should have the passport back within seven working days and it's often a lot quicker than this. The passport can be couriered back to you on payment of 300 Baht so you don't need to collect it personally.

You are aware that the application fee can only be paid by banker's draft? You can get the draft from the bank in Regent House and this is the way to do it as they know exactly what you need. There have been reports in the past that drafts obtained from other banks have been refused by VFS, for whatever reason.

Good luck

DM

Many thanks for this.

So let me get this straight... In terms of a UK visa:

She can fill in the application online, print off, compile sponsors dossier, get all the relevant documents and simply walk into the office and submit the application?

That would be a great help if this was the case.

Also I never realised the visa could be post-dated.

re The appointment, do I still need to make one? I forget how the online application system works.

Thanks for all your advice BTW, very, very helpful.

Hi Brian

Yes, this is definitely the case. Just make sure that you complete the paperwork accurately and you should have no problems, provided that you do actually qualify for the visa. You have to show that the application is for a genuine reason and, most importantly, you have to show that it is likely that the applicant will leave the UK at the end of the visit.

When you visit Regent House be aware that there is a visa agency operating in the same area as the VFS office. VFS personnel are easily identifiable by their uniforms and badges. You should not interact with any persons not displaying the correct VFS identification unless you wish to pay a substantial amount of cash for little or no service. You do not need these people if you are making a standard visa application. The VFS office is located slightly to the right on the first floor of Regent House and is easily identified. The agency, whose name I forget, is located next to the souvenir shop on the same floor and is likely to have a sexy lady outside to tempt you to go inside. Resist the temptation!

DM

Hi Brian

Good luck

DM

Many thanks for this.

So let me get this straight... In terms of a UK visa:

She can fill in the application online, print off, compile sponsors dossier, get all the relevant documents and simply walk into the office and submit the application?

That would be a great help if this was the case.

Also I never realised the visa could be post-dated.

re The appointment, do I still need to make one? I forget how the online application system works.

Thanks for all your advice BTW, very, very helpful.

Hi Brian

Yes, this is definitely the case. Just make sure that you complete the paperwork accurately and you should have no problems, provided that you do actually qualify for the visa. You have to show that the application is for a genuine reason and, most importantly, you have to show that it is likely that the applicant will leave the UK at the end of the visit.

When you visit Regent House be aware that there is a visa agency operating in the same area as the VFS office. VFS personnel are easily identifiable by their uniforms and badges. You should not interact with any persons not displaying the correct VFS identification unless you wish to pay a substantial amount of cash for little or no service. You do not need these people if you are making a standard visa application. The VFS office is located slightly to the right on the first floor of Regent House and is easily identified. The agency, whose name I forget, is located next to the souvenir shop on the same floor and is likely to have a sexy lady outside to tempt you to go inside. Resist the temptation!

DM

Excellent, thanks for this information, makes things much easier...

TBH I am a little bit worried about her application being accepted this time as my GF will graduate next week so we can't go down the route of University as the reason to return. She is seeking employment but on the off chance she can't find anything she had planned to come to the UK for 4 weeks.

I think the only things we have in out favour is the fact she has been to the UK twice last year, owns land and a 2 year old car and we have a strong relationship history. This has been substantially documented. She also has some savings. Also she is just back from Australia, Korea and Hong Kong without breaching any visa requirements so hopefully they can see she is reliable.

Anyway, I will know soon enough.

Thanks again.