Study Chinese

richard10365

I would like to study Chinese language during the summer. Does anyone know of any courses avaliable in Chiang Mai?

I checked with Payap University and they are not offering any summer coureses. I have heard CMU might but I haven't been there yet. Are there any private schools in Chiang Mai that might? I really don't want a tutor.

There is more than one Chinese language although the official one is 普通话 Mandarin. 廣東話 Cantonese is also widely spoken by some 100 million +.

Mandarin is the easier of the two to learn with just four tones. (Thai has five). Cantonese has 9 tones. :)

Good luck with your lessons.

In the same building as the Language Institute at CMU on the second floor is the Confusion center. They are a language and cultural training center for Chinese. They are a Chinese sponsored organization.

I did enjoy the 'Confusion' centre; this is just what it feels like learning the tone system of Cantonese. Unless you're going to live in Hong Kong, you should learn Mandarin, or the National Language, not Cantonese. though.