I had lost my passeport, and I saw it when I had to pay for the extention of my visa.

when I got my new passseport , i have to pay a lot already, so I decide to not do anything for more than 1 year. because maximun fine is 20 000 bath anyway.

Now I have my plane-ticket to go back to Europe, but I am not sure if I will be blacklisted I f I just go to the airport with a "virgin" passeport and just pay the 20 000 baths fine.

Is it better to go to the emmigration office first? or the police may ask me more money there?

My friend left Thailand with 8 years overstay and wasn't blacklisted.

If I were you, I'd take the chance and pay the 20,000 at the airport because if you go to immigration, there is a chance you could get thrown in jail and deported.

Just go to the airport and pay the fine of 20,000 baht. You will be fine. They might question you for a short time, than stamp your passport as having been on overstay. You will not have a problem getting a new visa or gaining entry again to Thailand.

You could go to the immigration office, but I know of people who have been send away and told to just go to the airport with an overstay of more than 1 year. If you go, do take your ticket with you!

Just don't get caught on the way to the airport. Than it could become more serious.

My friend left Thailand with 8 years overstay and wasn't blacklisted.

If I were you, I'd take the chance and pay the 20,000 at the airport because if you go to immigration, there is a chance you could get thrown in jail and deported.

From what i know and have heard, it is better to pay at the airport.

If you are stopped on the street or if you go to immigration, legally they can arrest you and lock you up. Also by going to immigration will attract all sorts of questions-why, when, if, what, who etc etc.

Some times better be safe than sorry.

If you are worried about being black listed, once you go back, get a new passport. when you re-enter they would not know its the same person.

Alternatively if you do have some form of proof that you did in deed lost your passport, just take that and go to immigration to explain the situation. But i would consult lawyer prior to doing so

Without a passport/arrival card record he may find himself in custody rather than boarding an aircraft. I suspect airport will not allow departure until a police check is made and his original entry card/passport record found. In a case like this it may well be best to visit immigration (with funds to depart and pay fine) and get paperwork in order.

Do you still have your TM6 departure card?

If not, that could be the major problem if you go direct to the airport ; because immigration officers will not be able to trace when you arrived and you might be charged with illegal entry as well.

Without a passport/arrival card record he may find himself in custody rather than boarding an aircraft. I suspect airport will not allow departure until a police check is made and his original entry card/passport record found. In a case like this it may well be best to visit immigration (with funds to depart and pay fine) and get paperwork in order.

Actually you are right, i did not even think about the arrival card and arrival stamp.

I think its better to consult with lawyers, because this one could get very sticky. Better yet call or see a few lawyers not just one to get the right information. I think in this case, better spend a few baht to get the right info and take right action rather then end up in whole lot of trouble

• 2 weeks later...

so you have a new passport no stamp or card the only place to get stamp and card for lost passports is at immigration and if you go they will deport you. You can't go to the airport with a blank passport too many problems . i would first ask my embassy second get a ticket to show you are flying out. I overstayed 3 years stupid asked my embassy for me was 20,000 baht at the airport no questions a stamp to say I overstayed and amount paided but I had a vaild passport. Get some advice and quick lawyer then embassy you are playing with fire my friend I was very lucky I hope the same for you.