Avenue Shopping Plaza

chillibilly

If the avenue has to change its profile downward to be viable i think this will be a significant and sad indicator for pattaya as it may prove that at least for now there is no high end retail opportunity. RGP is on the decline and Central's monopoly just seems to be unstoppable.

Agred. They have deep pockets to weather any financial storm, can and do cut tenants' rents to share their pain, have a superbly located site, and an asset that will only apprciate in value, and will be sitting in Bangkok slapping themselves on the back about their next 10 years in Pattaya watching the competition die off.

• 1 month later...

I noticed today that the had a very brilliant idea to solve the problems from the shopping mall.

As the first floor now is almost completely empty they have turned it into mobile plaza.They built some 50+ stands that sell mobile phones.Why nobody came up with this solution before. :):D

If the avenue has to change its profile downward to be viable i think this will be a significant and sad indicator for pattaya as it may prove that at least for now there is no high end retail opportunity. RGP is on the decline and Central's monopoly just seems to be unstoppable.

???? There is no high end retail opportunity where they built Avenues. Perhaps north of Central Rd where all the resorts are, certainly in Jomptien, where Central Festival should have been built.

I was at the opening, and even then I knew it was doomed. What were they offering that wasn't already available, and usually cheaper?

BTW, this subject has already been done a few times, and I support the "make it a GoGo and bar beer complex" vote then, and still do. If the Beach Rd bars moved there, at least you could go down Beach Rd during Songkran without getting wet!

Pattaya, to many, to much from everything. Nobody can make money anymore!

The people who build those complex, think only how much money they can make from the rent. If it gets a ghosttown after a while, they couldn't care less. Its not only the farang who thinks he still can make money in Pattaya, also alot of naive Thai people around!

I agree about the beer garden but I think they are correct to ban sex biz bars there. That would devalue the whole place. There really is enough of that all over town. Why does it have to be everywhere?

TIP

This is Pattaya! :)

Does every restaurant in Changers have to be Khan toke?