Thrash Metal/heavy Metal

fw1

Stage-divers, moshers, headbangers, air-guitarists and would-be satanists, I need a bit of advice.

Occasionally, I get the urge to go somewhere and have my eardrums blasted by some decent heavy metal.

Where's a good place to go? Now they must serve beer. And some women in leather wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Stage-divers, moshers, headbangers, air-guitarists and would-be satanists, I need a bit of advice.

Occasionally, I get the urge to go somewhere and have my eardrums blasted by some decent heavy metal.

Where's a good place to go? Now they must serve beer. And some women in leather wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Alright mate, there's a place on Lang Suan apparently, near the traffic lights at the end of the soi near Lumpini Park.

Never been inside, but what somebody told me who went around a year ago, it was pretty dead. Still, it's a start...

Alright mate, there's a place on Lang Suan apparently, near the traffic lights at the end of the soi near Lumpini Park.

Never been inside, but what somebody told me who went around a year ago, it was pretty dead. Still, it's a start...

Cheers mate, yeah this one I know of, but it's the only place I know of. And it was also dead when I went there. There's a place in Soi Zero that lets you choose your own music. There's quite a bit of metal in their catalogue. How about other places that let you choose your own music.

Does anyone know of such establishments?

metal locations in Thailand

You know, as much as I hate to say it, Immortal on Khao San is actually a good place for live music. In general I don't like Thai metal (am more used to Soulfly (old) and Trivium (new) ) but now and then along comes something that surprises.

You know, as much as I hate to say it, Immortal on Khao San is actually a good place for live music. In general I don't like Thai metal (am more used to  Soulfly (old) and Trivium (new) ) but now and then along comes something that surprises.

Really?

Immortal is still around - and they have swtiched back to Metal??

In 2001-2002 they had abandoned all metal and focused exclusively on "black music" - HipHop, reggae, RnB. This, in combination with their VERY metal interior design, made the place a sure classic... The larger than life devil hand sign on the wall, while the DJ was spinning Usher, Black Eyed Peas and Alpha Blondie. :o

Edited by meadish_sweetball

Well I haven't been for about 9 months but when I was last there (2004) I saw a couple of hard to define rock bands on two separate gigs so I guess they have changed again? Either that or it was a one off, not sure but will check out again this month. Be a shame if you're right.

Immortal did abanbon their rock policy which is a tad confusing seeing as the owner is a rocker himself. Maybe he thought that Backpackers were only into hip hop <deleted> and crappy black music....!? Who knows.

Only on Public Holidays do they have live bands on (or this used to be the case anyway) I remember Songkhran a couple of years ago! Top metal day out!

The problem is the alt scene here is so underground it's hard to find out where bands are playing.

The best way is to go to a place like metal zone and try to get to know some of the musicians. Buy them beers and they will show you venues you never knew existed. Most of the guys I know speak english too.

I reckon this might be an untapped gold mine. We can't be the only people wanting a bit of PASSION in our music in Bangers. If only I had the cash.

Bangers in Bangers eh, if I might suggest a name for your new venue, or even Bangers and Mosh.

Just off to put emerald on the cd.

• 1 month later...

We really need a place that is specially for such kind of music in Bangkok. It puzzles me why there isn't one, knowign that there are a lot of rock fans in thailand, I guess the scene is just too secluded.

I've always had the idea of opening a venue here that would play stuff that we don't really hear in the local mainstream scene. Stuff like System of a down, Korn, Mudvyanne, slipknot all the way to bands like Mortal Love, Soulslide, Lacuna coil, theatre of tragedy, but that would be possible only if i had the capital :o Either ways, it's still puzzling why there isn't a venue of such kind in the city of angels yet, I'm pretty ###### sure it would be a making a lot of money if opened in a good location like around sukhumvit or somewhere.

Frankly speaking I'm sick of all the "black music" we have here. Whenever I have a night out with friends, that's the only kind of stuff i'm forced to lsiten, and it never takes long until i want to go back home.