Tailor Chiang Mai

AndersSN

Get of you high horse now! :)

I have already done a TV search and the latest post I could find was 3 years old and didn't contain any info on prices, if there is one just post me the link and that will be fine.

My uncle is arriving from Canada this weekend for a 3 week stay and he wants to have some shirts tailored. Even though I have stayed in CM for a while now I have never been to any of the tailors, so where should I take him?

To be more specific he wants short sleeved Thai silk shirts for sure, but he has been talking about a suit as well.

Thanks in advance

Well you're better of at Fashion King located at Kalare Food Center at Changklan Road next to the D2 Hotel on the opposite site of the road. They do have a wide variety of fabrics and do an outstanding good job in measuring and sewing as well. I just had them done several shirts for me and it's a way better than the other tailors in town than I know from that area. You can see ther website here www.fashionkingchiangmai.com or simple google for the tailor as well.

I have used Neramit Tailor Shop diagonally across from the Esso Gas Station in the general neighborhood of the US Consulate. They do excellent workmanship on site, not consigned out like many other tailor shops. What you see is what you get. If you have any questions at the time, they will take care of you. English is spoken. A map is on their website: neramit-custom-tailoring (dot) com.

91/2 Ratchwong Rd.

Chiangmai

Tel: 0 5323 4353

Mobile: 08 9430 7218

i know a good tailor in Chiang Mai..I have gotten 2 suits from him on 2 different trips..good price and quality. his name is Mr A 087 173 8883 ..tell him Dean from Canada recommended him if you call, as he and i are friends..pm me if you want more info..

A lot of locals use Neramit. I used him once but was not fully happy. I find that it's quite difficult to gets pants properly made here. (I think that Asias wear them higher on the hip and they just don't seem to fit the same).

An alternative that I am happy with is Bond Street Tailors. They are found on Loh Kroh road abouto 3/4 down the street on the left (it's a one way road).