Scoby's Pizza

jeepholt

For the last 4 or 5 days, the phone to Scoby's Pizza does not work. Tonight I sent my wife Dracula over there. She came back and said it was closed. Typically, when I asked her if there was a sign in the window or on the door, the normal blank stare came up. She said yes, there was a sign. Well, what did it say? My Loo!

Any of you guys know why it is closed?

Scoby's closed their dine-in/take-away shop about a month or two ago to focus only on delivery (which is presumably where 99% of their business came from) while cutting the need to have an expensive shop to rent... which is why there are "For Sale" and "Closed" signs there.

They have been doing delivery in the meantime, but I tried tonight, and got the "Mai samat tid tor" message on the phone. Hopefully they are just on holiday and haven't packed it in, because their pizza was just perfect.

If anyone knows their new number, PLEASE post it here or PM it to me... I'm dying here.

-H

Scoby's closed their dine-in/take-away shop about a month or two ago to focus only on delivery (which is presumably where 99% of their business came from) while cutting the need to have an expensive shop to rent... which is why there are "For Sale" and "Closed" signs there.

They have been doing delivery in the meantime, but I tried tonight, and got the "Mai samat tid tor" message on the phone. Hopefully they are just on holiday and haven't packed it in, because their pizza was just perfect.

If anyone knows their new number, PLEASE post it here or PM it to me... I'm dying here.

-H

Unless it has changed, here is the number to Scoby’s Pizza: 038720752

When I ordered a pizza a couple weeks ago, she advised me was closing in a few days.

Like it seems "many" here, I found it to be the best pizza in town. But she said just didn't have enough business. She was doing delivery only out of her home somewhere over off Soi Buikow.

For what it's worth, which is very little, I think The Pizza Company is doing 2 for 1 this month. At Central Festival I asked if good for delivery as well as dine in and was told yes, but they may have been trying to get rid of me so ask yourself. Even at 2 for 1, a close call value wise.

When I ordered a pizza a couple weeks ago, she advised me was closing in a few days.

Like it seems "many" here, I found it to be the best pizza in town. But she said just didn't have enough business. She was doing delivery only out of her home somewhere over off Soi Buikow.

For what it's worth, which is very little, I think The Pizza Company is doing 2 for 1 this month. At Central Festival I asked if good for delivery as well as dine in and was told yes, but they may have been trying to get rid of me so ask yourself. Even at 2 for 1, a close call value wise.

Yes Pizza Company is doing buy 1 get 1 free till the end of this month, dine in and delivery, love them or hate them it does not matter, still by far the best value for money Pizza in Pattaya.

This is bad news... Scoby's was the only pizza in Thailand that even came close to being what I was used to eating in the states.

As far as the Pizza Company comments go - all I can do is laugh (and cringe)... I wouldn't eat that mass-produced crap if I were paid to. Again, people in this town cannot appreciate GOOD food, and settle for crap simply because they have a larger advertising budget. Pizza Company/Hut is no more pizza than McDonalds is burgers.

Anytime I find something here that I enjoy, whether it's some snack at 7-11, a beverage or restaurant - it goes away.

Pizza Company makes a good pizza. I can't comment on Scoby's because never had the opportunity to give it a go. :D

I can't comment on how good Scoby's pizza is as iI have also never had the pleasure. However I can confidently state it is way better than Pizza Company. brit I could understand this comment about Dominos or Pizza Hut even but this Thai version is rubbish! :)

Pizza Company makes a good pizza.

Pizza Company would be nothing special in a Western Country, but, if you don't order a really 'fancy" weird one with all kinds of strange crust and toppings, it tastes better than almost any other pizza in the Far East. The people who insist it is terrible are the same ones who rail against any popular business because it - supposedly - "sold out Man".

spacer.gifcandlman.jpg

Pizza Company makes a good pizza.

Pizza Company would be nothing special in a Western Country, but, if you don't order a really 'fancy" weird one with all kinds of strange crust and toppings, it tastes better than almost any other pizza in the Far East. The people who insist it is terrible are the same ones who rail against any popular business because it - supposedly - "sold out Man".

spacer.gifcandlman.jpg

I doubt the big pizza chains are trembling at the thought of Pizza Company's world takeover plans. In the UK they would be slightly worse than Tops pizza. And they are sh*t as well!

^judging from Pizza Hut\Dominos recommendations your pizza tastes are indeed need of smth new.

Pizza Hut - greasy, sauce tastes like poo.

Domino(s) - again sauce taste like poo.

Now is Pizza Company looking to take over the world, no but I think they do a good job in Thailand. Very tastey and specials can't be beat.

We drove out to Silverlakes Vinyard the other night and stopped for a Pizza on the Pizza terrace at the restaurant there. They cook the pizzas in an old stone oven fired by wood.

I had a BIG Hawaiian and white wine, My wife had Thai food and one of their no alcohol wine drinks, the whole bill came to 650 baht.

Not a connoisseur of Pizza but I would say it was pretty good and when coupled to the spectacular view watching the sun set over the mountains was well worth it.

We're arguing over a hairs breadth of difference here imo. Still searching for an excellent pizza delivery anywhere I go in Thailand.

Not a delivery, but Pattayas best Pizza is the Barloon (Balloon?) Pizza van in Soi Yamato most nights.

We're arguing over a hairs breadth of difference here imo. Still searching for an excellent pizza delivery anywhere I go in Thailand.

Not a delivery, but Pattayas best Pizza is the Barloon (Balloon?) Pizza van in Soi Yamato most nights.

How much have you drunk prior? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like the pizza at Dars cafe (darkside) but after they changed owner last year they have become uneatable. Like a thin, dry, tough frisbee. The only good pizza in town in my opinion is now Pizza Big in Naklua and Hopf on Beach Road.

Eat at Scobys quiet few times, its shame its still closed as it was quiet easy to get to and i preferred there pizzas to the others in pattaya.

I just wish there was a pizza express here, love there pizzas when im back in the UK....