Wife/partner Origins

Neeranam

What's You Wife/Gf Origins  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:)

Well then, my Thai wife/partner is Thai since her family has lived in the Ayuttaya area for at least 200 years. That is about as close to 100% Thai as you can get. It's possible that during those two centuries there was some Thai Chinese mix involved. But as far as I know they have been Thai and living in that area for at least two centuries. The extended family still has land around Ayuttaya.

Now, to complicate matters. She was previously married to a man who was a mixture of Burmese, Indian, and English (through Austraila) descent.

So her three children by that marriage are a Thai and Indian/Burmese/English (Aussie) mix.

Whew.

P.S. Just for the record....if it interests you...I am an American with English and French-Canadian ancestors.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

One wonders about the motive for the poll.

Just curiosity? to what end? Why would it matter? The curiosity will lead to what end?

People bragging about their wife's pedigree like a bunch of Crufts dog show judges?

There is certainly a bias, a prejudice, within both the foreign and the Thai communities, based on origins and skin tone.

It is to be deeply regretted.

My wife's racial origins are from within the human race.

J.

spot on......why!?

Wow your wife is half Indian....wish mine was....or maybe half something that nobody else has mentioned...

Thailand (previously known as Siam) has been populated ever since the dawn of civilization in Asia. There are conflicting opinions of the origins of the Thais. It presumed that about 4,500 years. the Thais originated in northwestern Szechuan in China and later migrated down to Thailand along the southern part of China. They split into two main groups. One settled down in the North and became the kingdom of "Lan Na" and the other one is in further south, which afterward was defeated by the Khmers and became the kingdom of "Sukhothai".

So ......... based on their origin all Thais are Chinese, the same as the Malays who originated from Yunan %$#@*@@@???

100% Thai.

In Isaan (north east).

A bit strange poll maybe, as there seems to be a "must" to choose the Thai/Laos if the spouse is from Isaan (closer to Laos border).

My wife is from that region, but with Thai blood lines as long as even her 80+ grandfather can remember and heard about.

But then again, if she was part this or that, I would still love her.

Out of curiosity, do they call them part Thai on the other side of the (Laos) border?

Farang? :D:D

One wonders about the motive for the poll.

Just curiosity? to what end? Why would it matter? The curiosity will lead to what end?

People bragging about their wife's pedigree like a bunch of Crufts dog show judges?

There is certainly a bias, a prejudice, within both the foreign and the Thai communities, based on origins and skin tone.

It is to be deeply regretted.

My wife's racial origins are from within the human race.

J.

The motive of the poll was just curiosity to no particular end. Does there have to be an end to topics on TV?

Please show me where anyone was bragging in this thread about their wives/partners.

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder regarding your wife. If you have, maybe you should find a new one. :)

100% Thai.

In Isaan (north east).

A bit strange poll maybe, as there seems to be a "must" to choose the Thai/Laos if the spouse is from Isaan (closer to Laos border).

My wife is from that region, but with Thai blood lines as long as even her 80+ grandfather can remember and heard about.

But then again, if she was part this or that, I would still love her.

Out of curiosity, do they call them part Thai on the other side of the (Laos) border?

Farang? :D:D

Me? Yes.

You?