Wife/partner Origins

Neeranam

What's You Wife/Gf Origins  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would assume that your wife identifies herself as Thai/Indian ... my partner identifies himself strictly as Thai. If you are doing this thread to prove genetics or DNA then that gets one response. If you are doing the thread for sociology then it gets the response i gave. He counts himself as Thai 100% (As does his sister, but her kids are Thai Chinese :) )

100% Thai.

In Isaan (north east).

A bit strange poll maybe, as there seems to be a "must" to choose the Thai/Laos if the spouse is from Isaan (closer to Laos border).

My wife is from that region, but with Thai blood lines as long as even her 80+ grandfather can remember and heard about.

But then again, if she was part this or that, I would still love her.

:)

Out of curiosity, do they call them part Thai on the other side of the (Laos) border?

When I was with my parents in Mukdahan, we visited the Mukdahan tower, where they explain the origin of the Mukdahan people.

4258044605_7818d5b182.jpg

And my father said to my my wife, you look like the Chinese girl on the picture.

And she said, I'm not Chinese, I'm Thai.

Edited by eurasianthai

I would assume that your wife identifies herself as Thai/Indian ... my partner identifies himself strictly as Thai. If you are doing this thread to prove genetics or DNA then that gets one response. If you are doing the thread for sociology then it gets the response i gave. He counts himself as Thai 100% (As does his sister, but her kids are Thai Chinese :) )

If we extrapolate further back to anyone's grandparents' grandparents' grandparents... That makes us all African.

No really, i dont understand. Can someone please explain what an indigenous Thai is supposed to be? Dont the "indigenous" people of SEAsian countries (in that area) have similar ancestry roots? Or is the OP meaning something like - if 20 prior generations were born and bred in the same physical border of Thailand, that makes you 100% Thai?

just out of interest, where would 100% Thai people be from mainly? Given that Thai/Chinese would be Lanna Thai as in up north? There is a fair mix of Burma and Laos there too, Central Thai as in Bangkok? I thought that was a Thai/Chinese mix too, are these 100% people you refer to from the south? Or are you suggesting by the use of this poll that there is no such thing as 100% anything?

btw I voted Thai/Laos :D

I myself am 25% german 25% dutch 25% french 25% scandinavian (ie 100% english!) :)

just out of interest, where would 100% Thai people be from mainly? Given that Thai/Chinese would be Lanna Thai as in up north? There is a fair mix of Burma and Laos there too, Central Thai as in Bangkok? I thought that was a Thai/Chinese mix too, are these 100% people you refer to from the south? Or are you suggesting by the use of this poll that there is no such thing as 100% anything?

I myself am 25% german 25% dutch 25% french 25% scandinavian (ie 100% english!) :)

what no Irish? :D

Impossible to say, because most Thais don`t have a clue as to their family origins passed the grandparents.

My wife believes her great grandfather came over from China, but don`t they all? She told me her great granddaddy had a bike. Probably the same ancestor that sired the lot of them because he was able to get around.

ummmm ... He is ethnically Thai (and his Chinese great grandfather was Tai) ... so ...

He is 87.5% Thai - same as my wife.

I take it you are American then. They seem to be the only group of people who treat race like a paint-blending exercise. If you are going to get carried away with racist aspects of geneology, then I think at least you should separate out race from nationality. There are several indigineous races within Thailand, similarly Vietnam, and China though the vast majority are Han, and probably also the other neighbouring countries.

THe thing is that heredity is not like paint-blending; chromosomes are inherited and dominated or don't in a way very different from colour mixing.

This sort of racism really riles me as a 100% true blue Scot - regardless of place of origin or colour of passport - or colour of skin.

Grrrrr - I'm tempted to go out a deck a sassanach and a yank to boot

Deep breaths, happy smiles (I can hear a scouser saying "Calm Down! Calm Down," already!

SC

what no Irish? :D

:D nope :D

If we extrapolate further back to anyone's grandparents' grandparents' grandparents... That makes us all African.

No really, i dont understand. Can someone please explain what an indigenous Thai is supposed to be? Dont the "indigenous" people of SEAsian countries (in that area) have similar ancestry roots? Or is the OP meaning something like - if 20 prior generations were born and bred in the same physical border of Thailand, that makes you 100% Thai?

Why, I thought the oldest people were in India.

I'd say 5 generations, not 20.

So the poll shows what I believed - most TV members partners are not pure Thai.

One wonders about the motive for the poll.

Just curiosity? to what end? Why would it matter? The curiosity will lead to what end?

People bragging about their wife's pedigree like a bunch of Crufts dog show judges?

There is certainly a bias, a prejudice, within both the foreign and the Thai communities, based on origins and skin tone.

It is to be deeply regretted.

My wife's racial origins are from within the human race.

J.