Sin Sot Question

AZBill

OP i hope there are no hign second floor baloncys in your 3 millon baht home :) . If there are be careful becuase many of Farangs before you have got drunk ( on fake love ) and fell off( been pushed off ) . I am guessing you are a new millionair. other wise you wouldnt be telling everyone how much money you are spending . Good look. Does your gf have a email address ? I will be happy to make sure she is not to upset when you fall out of a window or something bad happens to you ... Sorry i mean if something bad happens to you

Why the need to put western women and their values down?

I got a divorce agreeing to all sorts of things I thought were excessive but my attorney was obviously outclassed by her attorney. At the end of the hearing the western woman judge turned to my western woman wife and said in a confidential tone, “honey, are you sure there is nothing else you want?” I didn’t say anything about western women in this thread but I am living in Thailand.

My western woman wife told the judge she wanted to make sure I never had another good day for the rest of my life. The western woman ex wife and the western woman judge attempted to make sure that was the case but failed to consider Thailand. I didn’t say anything bad about western women in this thread but if the OP has any sense at all he will live in Thailand just to make sure that western women have a minimal influence on the rest of his life.

Issan women may be troublesome, Thai Chinese women may be a bit silly and Thai women in general may be hard to understand but that said, even with all the problems of language and culture there is still a scale that tips to maintaining a residence in Thailand for western males.

Just seems like stereotyping to me.

Stereotyping who? Issan women? Thai Chinese women? Western woman? If I said crows are black would that be stereotyping?

A well crafted post. I commend your ability to write an interesting tale. However, if you were the successful attorney you claim to be you certainly would not show up here and ask for advice on an issue that a person of your self decribed background would never do. I suggest that the next time you concoct a story like this you balance the indications of hubris with the actions described.

Look, do you honestly think a successful attorney would blow his client list by taking up with such a woman? I think not. Even the scummiest of criminal lawyers don't have wives like this. I would never retain counsel that had this type of judgement. You don't know too much about client-solicitor interaction do you? You might also wish to brush up on US visa law and current trends. It is an unlikely scenario that a fiance visa would be issued so quickly, especially now.

Good gravy, April 1 is still several weeks away. :)

Your comments on the lady , or where she comes from and what the result will be, are way..way out of line !!

GK isn't commenting on a real person; it's the character in the Troll's story. A happy ending would be to tell the family that they have to adhere to Western tradition for a Western wedding, and pay dowry.

BTW, would someone really hire a very high priced lawyer from America to secure a contract to buy a line of shirts???

we should have a Troll writing contest, this one wouldn't make the 1/4 finals!

AZBill.

Do not live closer than 90 minutes drive from your future in-laws.

I like this advice!

We're moving in April - reducing the distance from 22hrs (buses, buses . . .) to four hours (1 bus, 1 tuk-tuk).

GF is happy to be 'closer' but doesn't want to be within immediate/close-calling range. No unexpected 'pop-ins' from family; a planned visit will be OK.

For me, being half a world away from my family has been ideal.

A well crafted post. I commend your ability to write an interesting tale. However, if you were the successful attorney you claim to be you certainly would not show up here and ask for advice on an issue that a person of your self decribed background would never do. I suggest that the next time you concoct a story like this you balance the indications of hubris with the actions described.

Look, do you honestly think a successful attorney would blow his client list by taking up with such a woman? I think not. Even the scummiest of criminal lawyers don't have wives like this. I would never retain counsel that had this type of judgement. You don't know too much about client-solicitor interaction do you? You might also wish to brush up on US visa law and current trends. It is an unlikely scenario that a fiance visa would be issued so quickly, especially now.

Good gravy, April 1 is still several weeks away. :)

Your comments on the lady , or where she comes from and what the result will be, are way..way out of line !!

GK isn't commenting on a real person; it's the character in the Troll's story. A happy ending would be to tell the family that they have to adhere to Western tradition for a Western wedding, and pay dowry.

BTW, would someone really hire a very high priced lawyer from America to secure a contract to buy a line of shirts???

we should have a Troll writing contest, this one wouldn't make the 1/4 finals!

I won't repeat myself but yes it happens all the time. Shirts can be big money. Make them for a dollar and sell them for fifty. You do the math. How many shirts fit in a container on a ship?

Read the guys other posts, he’s not a troll he’s just naïve.

Edited by mark45y

Trollin trollin trollin keep the bullshit rollin head up up move em out bullshit! & the op no where to defend his beginning posts. I do not no a single lawyer that would be that gullible from the states. Law was my minor in college & they sure taught you to be on the conservative side not usually the squandering type. story to hard to believe. My lawyer friends usually tend to go for doctors & other high power professionals that make more than they do. Out of all the sinsod threads I have read from 2004 this has got to be the lamest & if it really is true god have mercy on your soul cause you must have won your license on line & not a bar exam as common sense is a big portion of the test other than ions of history.

I won't repeat myself but yes it happens all the time. Shirts can be big money. Make them for a dollar and sell them for fifty. You do the math. How many shirts fit in a container on a ship?

Don't think too it's fiction and maybe he is also not naive. I know guys who spent much more than the OP and they really don't care about that, because they are rich......of course no good for others not that rich, local and regional benchmarks will increase...

So far nobody answered OP's question. I would say read that:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Sin-Sod-Expl...ion-t85581.html

Don't think too it's fiction and maybe he is also not naive. I know guys who spent much more than the OP and they really don't care about that, because they are rich......of course no good for others not that rich, local and regional benchmarks will increase...

I can answer that one. The OP is not going to be rich long. He is getting married in the States. His new wife is going to be rich though.

The OP is a big shot lawyer and has only given 3 million baht to build her family a luxury home and only 30000 baht a month. That's an insult to the girl, her family and their integrity. How can it be regarded that any self respecting family could live on 30000 baht per month and left to drive crappy old pick ups or motorbikes. The embarrassment that the girls family must feel is disgraceful.

At least throw in a pile of gold and maybe the odd gem or two, not less than 5 million bahts worth, a Mercedes and raise the monthly donations to 80000 baht and not forgetting her brother`s medical fees.

I fear that if the OP doesn't raise the ante, that girl will have no options but to seek higher finances anew.

Edited by BigWheelMan

I got a divorce agreeing to all sorts of things I thought were excessive but my attorney was obviously outclassed by her attorney. At the end of the hearing the western woman judge turned to my western woman wife and said in a confidential tone, "honey, are you sure there is nothing else you want?" I didn't say anything about western women in this thread but I am living in Thailand.

My western woman wife told the judge she wanted to make sure I never had another good day for the rest of my life. The western woman ex wife and the western woman judge attempted to make sure that was the case but failed to consider Thailand. I didn't say anything bad about western women in this thread but if the OP has any sense at all he will live in Thailand just to make sure that western women have a minimal influence on the rest of his life.

Issan women may be troublesome, Thai Chinese women may be a bit silly and Thai women in general may be hard to understand but that said, even with all the problems of language and culture there is still a scale that tips to maintaining a residence in Thailand for western males.

That's a scary story, not looking for blame but I would really like to know what grievous sin you committed to make your wife and the judge want to make you miserable for the rest of your life? Did you cheat? Break her heart? Just trying to understand why she would go after you like that and the judge would support her crusade.

I can answer that one. The OP is not going to be rich long. He is getting married in the States. His new wife is going to be rich though.

Not so, if he.............

............ would live with her first for 1-2 years before marriage to see if it will be a one hundred percent money relationship only with more and more demands from her and/or her family. If you rush things maybe you will regret it.

I got a divorce agreeing to all sorts of things I thought were excessive but my attorney was obviously outclassed by her attorney. At the end of the hearing the western woman judge turned to my western woman wife and said in a confidential tone, "honey, are you sure there is nothing else you want?" I didn't say anything about western women in this thread but I am living in Thailand.

My western woman wife told the judge she wanted to make sure I never had another good day for the rest of my life. The western woman ex wife and the western woman judge attempted to make sure that was the case but failed to consider Thailand. I didn't say anything bad about western women in this thread but if the OP has any sense at all he will live in Thailand just to make sure that western women have a minimal influence on the rest of his life.

That's a scary story, not looking for blame but I would really like to know what grievous sin you committed to make your wife and the judge want to make you miserable for the rest of your life? Did you cheat? Break her heart? Just trying to understand why she would go after you like that and the judge would support her crusade.

Do you know nothing grasshopper? Beautiful women especially beautiful blond women with a gentle southern accent who are used to men falling all over them develop a taste for millionaires. Like some people develop a taste for potato chips. You can’t just eat one. Neither could she. She is on her fourth now.

Don’t worry grasshopper, you won’t meet one. I have read your other posts.

Do you know nothing grasshopper? Beautiful women especially beautiful blond women with a gentle southern accent who are used to men falling all over them develop a taste for millionaires. Like some people develop a taste for potato chips. You can't just eat one. Neither could she. She is on her fourth now.

Don't worry grasshopper, you won't meet one. I have read your other posts.

Mark, you seem to know everything about women.......it must be fantastic to be such an expert on everything you talk about.... :)

Ya for real, wish I was as enlightened. So your saying she was out to scam you from day one? I can accept that I guess. Doesn't make sense as to why she would "never want you to be happy again", that smacks of pain and anger on her part. But you say it was all just a diabolical plan on her part from the beginning and you were a innocent victim. It's your story so I'll have to take your word for it.

Ya for real, wish I was as enlightened. So your saying she was out to scam you from day one? I can accept that I guess. Doesn't make sense as to why she would "never want you to be happy again", that smacks of pain and anger on her part. But you say it was all just a diabolical plan on her part from the beginning and you were a innocent victim. It's your story so I'll have to take your word for it.

'story' being the keyword here. :)

Elitist? Oh my. However, my comments remain. A "successful" lawyer with the track record described, just does not do this. All urban myths aside, it just doesn't happen except in cheap romance novelettes. It is a story line that is to be devoured by lonely souls alone in their beds wishing they could be the lucky lass to be rescued from a hard life by the white knight.

Apologies GK. I didn't read your post in the way it was intended.

truely amazing thailand. you go away for a few days r and r. get back, turn on the computer and what pops up. another frigging question about sin f...... sot.

True --- But the OP is probably a troll and these sin sot threads are fun.

If it`s for real and guys are giving away their life worth to these women, then we can have a few great laughs at some Khun Gullible`s expense.

Edited by BigWheelMan

The op is a lawyer who is asking for advice and telling of past problems etc. I will not attempt to make more than a comment, I am cheering for the girl, past, present family and anyone else getting up to the trough.

Divorces are never pretty. After you have been through a couple you will find this out. What started out as a simple no fault divorce ended up in a mafia style vendetta.

When you are new at life or marriage it must feel threatening when another who has had numerous marriages and raised numerous children speaks with a tone of authority.

But you are only young once, enjoy it.

However you can get married as many times as your money holds out. Which means you can make the same mistakes over and over. Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is I believe crazy. But it happens all the time.

Since you asked me about my personal life I hope you don’t mind me doing the same to you.

Do you understand Thai women? How many days 24/7 have you lived with a Thai woman? Do you understand Thai married women? How many days 24/7 have you lived with a Thai married woman? You get different levels of understanding if you were married or living with someone’s else’s wife.

Dating a woman is a far cry from being married to a woman.

Bar girls don’t really count. Nothing real about them. I am talking about really living with a woman. You know, she has a job, you have a job and you go off to work and come home and try and make a life together.

How long can a bar girl act? I don’t know you would have to ask someone with more experience but in my opinion three years is pushing it. By then the Thai boyfriend or husband comes out of the woodwork.

Correct me if I am wrong but I would say you have never been married or lived with a woman. If that is the case you have zero experience with women. It is a good thing you are on this forum. There is a wealth of experience here. You only have to learn to cut the wheat from the chaff.

The forum is skewed to one side though. None or almost no western men here have good ongoing married relationships with a western woman. I have met a couple of western couples that live in Thailand since I have been here but they are few and far between. Most of the men on Thai Visa are divorced from western women.

Most of them are trying marriage again thinking a Thai woman is different than a western woman. Or that their wife is different. Hope springs eternal in the minds of men, I guess.

It is rare that Thaivisa gets such a complete walking cliché.

1. If the OP had a lick of sense he would have searched for sinsod and found hundreds of thousands of posts on Thaivisa about the subject.

2. If the OP had a lick of sense he would have read Thai visa a bit and discovered he is being taken for the same ride thousands of others have taken before him.

He is the typical overweight older male snagged by an Issan fisherwoman. What’s in his future? He could have read his story repeated over and over again on Stick or a variety of other forums including Thai visa.

After he reads all these we can expect a post that begins with, “my girl is different.”

We all know there is at least a 10 year age difference and more probably 20 years. We all know all the rest.

We all know what is going to happen. Should someone tell him? No, he wouldn’t believe us anyway.

He has all sorts of interesting experiences awaiting him with government agencies and bureaucrats and farming communities.

There seems to be no end to the absolute naiveté of some people. I have a friend who is doing something similar. I call him up once a month to see if the axe has dropped but he blithers on wearing his rice colored glasses. He pays his wife 30,000 baht a month. No wonder these people think we are morons.

I try and put myself in the same position. If I had not gone to college and my parents had not finished grade school how would I feel if someone built me a mansion and paid my folks a small fortune a month just for my company?

Love in Thailand is not like love in Farangland.

How can the OP pull out of his slide towards perdition? I think he is lost already. He’s made to many disastrous mistakes already. Maybe there is a chance if he is quite bright. What’s the quickest way to learn to speak Thai? Full time tutor and small classes 6 hours a day? Me, I’d move to a hotel on the beach in Rayong. There are quite a few good teachers and language schools in Rayong. Immerse myself in the Thai culture and language. Watch Thai TV and listen to Thai music and as quickly as possible learn to speak Thai. Rayong is not a tourist city. Just living there will answer all the questions the OP needs answered that he doesn’t know he needs answered. In six months or a year he will begin to have a clue what is going on around him.

No dont waste your time trying to wise him up,only way this type will ever learn is to go broke and get dumped!