Send Money Out Of Thai. On Retirement Visa ?

If I go on to an Extension of Stay - Retirement Visa, am I legally entitled to send money out of Thailand on an occasional basis ? I am in what might be a bit of an unusual position - old enough and rich enough to go on a Retirement Visa, but with a dependent in another country, who will likely require occasional financial support from me, for at least the next year or two. The other country is not my home country, so I can't simply solve the problem by writing an occasional cheque on my home country bank account.

I have of course seen lots of discussion here about the money that one needs to bring into, and keep in, Thailand, but I have never seen my question addressed.

Most countries have rules against sending money out of the country and will require paperwork etc. if it is more than a certain ammount. Thailand is no acception to this.

I will move your question to the banking section, as your question is not visa related and you will get more answers there.

Most countries have rules against sending money out of the country and will require paperwork etc. if it is more than a certain ammount. Thailand is no acception to this.

I will move your question to the banking section, as your question is not visa related and you will get more answers there.

If your source of funds for the transfers out of Thailand were remitted in from abroad, you should be able to transfer out easily. Just show the bank evidence of funds from abroad going into your account i. e. credit advice of inward remittance when ordering wire transfer out of Thailand.

If your source of funds for the transfer out of Thailand originated within Thailand, banks may need to ask for other documents to understand what is the source of funds.

If you need further advice or assistance , please go to bangkokbank.com and send your enquiry and contact address from there.

Neither the banks nor BOT start to ask questions unless the amount being sent overseas is over USD 20,000 or its foreign currency equivalent, in practise it's a simple matter under that amount to buy foreign currency cashiers cheques drawn on say Bangkok Bank London and to deposit them in a UK account, ditto USD in New York. Whilst that's not technically a wire transfer it is nevertheless a funds transfer that achieves the same objectives.

Thanks to all for the comments received to date, though I must say here that so far, I have learned nothing that I don't already know. I have been working here for years on a Non-Immigr. "B" visa, so am well-acquainted with the Bank of Thailand regulations pertaining to that.

What I am trying to ascertain here is whether I might be subject to an extra level of scrutiny after switching to a Retirement Visa. I don't want to walk into an Immigr. Office and start asking questions. (I presume that they won't answer until they know who they are talking to.) I don't want to then walk out, come back the next time, and find that there is a warning on their computer next to my name saying "Watch this guy - there is something unusual going on here."