True Move Iphone 3 Gs

thibaud

Hi guys!

I was wondering if with all the issues with the unjailbreak 3.1.3 of Apple, buying an handset phone only form True Move (28.500 THB + for a 32 GB 3GS) would not be a good idea.

No more isue with blocked phone, update online with Itunes,....

Of course, we loose the possibilities of Cydia' applications.

I would use an AIS sim in it.

Does anybody have any comments or experience to share on that?

Have a great week end.

I suspect that most people living in Thailand now buy their iPhones from True. One year warranty, no hassles with upgrades, and most people are not interested in Cydia etc.

The point of a 3GS is that it is way faster than the old model. Even without 3G, the iPhone is great hand-held computer.

Back to the OP, yes by all means buy it unlocked. I had the 2G for 2 years and keeping it unlocked and jailbroken is a constant hassle.

Now I have a 3GS from True, no worries about upgrading the software. I have some Cydia apps, but nothing I couldn't live without.

As for 3G it's vastly overrated in importance. EDGE is very slow. But 3G in the real world is also very slow, see AT&T in any major metropolitan area in the USA. I think the 3G standard just doesn't work, that's basically the problem. It works as long as there are very few users, but throw a significant load on it and it dies or slows down so much it's indistinguishable from EDGE. EDGE in Thailand is pretty much as fast as 3G in San Francisco. For speedy downloads, wait until you are on WiFi.