Letter To The Nation Today About Thai Prejudice

DJ Pat

I am in my "golden years" and have stayed out of the sun for ten years.  Notwithstanding that, I have a permanent bathing suit "tan line" when the skin "under the bathing suit" is clear, unblemished and almost baby like while the rest of my body, that which was exposed to the sun, is scaly, scaby, dry, bumpy, and pre-cancerous.

I sure wish I hadn't been afflicted with the western culture commands regaridng tans. Most Thais have beautiful skin, especially those who stay away from western culture, western food and the sun.

the best skin whitener is sun cream

but having today just purchased a 200ml bottle of spf60+ with all the vitamin e - skin softener - water resistant - etc etc , which cost me 500 odd baht maybe most thais cannot afford the expense....the bleach based solution might be cheaper

Had this conversation so many times with Thais, i always tell them i dont care if they have dark skin, light skin, blue skin or polkadot skin, a good heart and no lies is far more important. This normaly gets a quick agreement then you can tell that they truely feel white skin far more important! :D

see what happens to MJ lately. An albino has better skin than him. :D:o