Truevisions Disconnections

nonthaburial

Some time ago, when TrueVisions dropped BBC Entertainment, this forum was inundated by members saying they had cancelled their subscriptions with True. If this was done, I would be interested to learn if True merely removed the easy bit i.e the decoder, card and remote or did they clamber on the roof or wherever to dismantle the dish as well.

The reason I ask is because, here in Nonthaburi there is a small shop who I am told is re-selling these True dishes that are left intact . .

After contacting the original subsciber and buying them from them. I also believe that the True crew doing the disconnection inform this shop of the address and details etc.

if this is the case then this could be a cheap way of procuring cheaper dishes if one wanted to explore alternative systems.

I would be interested to hear of any such cases whether they took all or just the decoder

Edited by nonthaburial

I just went to cancel my UBC the other day, BTW I have been a subscriber for 10 years +. I asked the Girl about the refund, we paid I think 4500 at that time. She looks in her computer, no sorry only pay back 950 Baht. I told her then don’t you dare send anyone to my house. What can this be about, depreciation? What are my options?? anyone

I cancelled my subscription last year (after 3 years) after the loss of BBC entertainment and they took the equipment away on the first day of the month I then received a full refund of the deposit by cheque a month later.

However they took an extra months subscription from my bank account after they had taken the stuff away, they argued about the exact date I had cancelled and only refunded part of the subscription charge. After more phone calls by myself and my wife they finally refunded the rest but in all it took about 3 months to get all the money back they owed me, never again.