Drugs Rampant In Thai Schools

webfact

I have kids and certainly worry about the " drug problem " however, I am pretty sure that the arbitrary, summary, extra-judicial execution of alleged dealers is not the best way forwards.

in my opinion the motive for and result of the "war on drugs" was rearrangement of the distribution channels..................

I think you would change your opinion if one of your kids was summarily executed on a policemans whim or to hit some sort of provincial target...............

State murder is State murder ----Period.

phil

Very astute on the rearrangement of distribution channels. The profit margin also increased ramatically for those left in control of the business. The political ramifications of this last until today.

Agree on state murder

Remember the saying ,

''There are lies, dammed lies and statistics ''

84.2% of statistics are just made up on the spot.

And .4% of responses to a statistic will be completely random guesses. :)

5% will be purely emotional response to the impression given by the statistic.

15% will complain at the methodology of deriving the statistic

24.466% will say it is a politically motivated statistic from the opposition

25.354% will say that it is a perfectly fair statistic being twisted by the opposition

2% will be utterly clueless if it means anything

3.45% will be utterly clueless in understanding their own response to the statistic.

12% will say it is a Thaksin plot, even if it comes from Bolivia

12% will say it doesn't matter because Thaksin owns mines in Bolivian and is running the lottery there.

Statistically it all means squat.

Remember the saying ,

''There are lies, dammed lies and statistics ''

84.2% of statistics are just made up on the spot.

And .4% of responses to a statistic will be completely random guesses. :)

5% will be purely emotional response to the impression given by the statistic.

15% will complain at the methodology of deriving the statistic

24.466% will say it is a politically motivated statistic from the opposition

25.354% will say that it is a perfectly fair statistic being twisted by the opposition

2% will be utterly clueless if it means anything

3.45% will be utterly clueless in understanding their own response to the statistic.

12% will say it is a Thaksin plot, even if it comes from Bolivia

12% will say it doesn't matter because Thaksin owns mines in Bolivian and is running the lottery there.

Statistically it all means squat.

Cheer animatics, you've written a post I like :-)

I question the accuracy of the poll. After teaching here in Thailand at the university level for 14 years, polls and surveys oftentimes are biased depending on the researcher. Polls are set up and if the author of the poll has his/her own opinion of the question at hand, the results are skewed according to the writer of the poll.

I have only seen two students at the university level who have shown drug use in class. After hours, it is a different story but having seen students after hours also, most are just into alcohol.

Incidently, I taught at Assumption University also and never believed any polls that came out of the university as the bias has been there for many years.

:) <deleted> ! The teachers are the ones selling drugs to their students, as my friend found at Assumption College, Siracha. Good result, he broke the teacher's nose !

Please don’t write such nonsense that teachers are selling drugs.

Children in every country on Earth except maybe the deep Amazon or the plains tribes of Africa, are eating meat from livestock which is injected full of growth hormones, steroids (drugs), and glow-inthe-dark strong antibiotics.

Its not mentioned in this or other anti-drugs stuff, but most of these chemicals in meat are a good deal harmful than cannabis for example. Ideally kids wouldn't do recreational drugs, and even more ideally ; adults wouldn't feed them steroids etc.at the dinner table.

Children in every country on Earth except maybe the deep Amazon or the plains tribes of Africa, are eating meat from livestock which is injected full of growth hormones, steroids (drugs), and glow-inthe-dark strong antibiotics.

Its not mentioned in this or other anti-drugs stuff, but most of these chemicals in meat are a good deal harmful than cannabis for example. Ideally kids wouldn't do recreational drugs, and even more ideally ; adults wouldn't feed them steroids etc.at the dinner table.

Ive got asthma from doing far too many buckets as a boy and for a long old while was too lazy to get a job because of it and other things, the worst ive ever got from eating meat is the occasional bout of the trots, but as people are living far healthier longer lives this throws your argument out the window.

PS If in food production they didnt use what are most definitely safe chemicals in the amount we get, then food would be a lot more expensive thus causing more starvation throughout the planet.

Ive got asthma from doing far too many buckets as a boy and for a long old while was too lazy to get a job because of it and other things, the worst ive ever got from eating meat is the occasional bout of the trots, but as people are living far healthier longer lives this throws your argument out the window.

PS If in food production they didnt use what are most definitely safe chemicals in the amount we get, then food would be a lot more expensive thus causing more starvation throughout the planet.

Steroids are not safe, they cause heart problems, seizures, blood plasma problems & more. Factory farmed meat, i.e. what 90% of ppl today eat is full of steroids & antibiotics. Antibiotics interfere with your body's immune system.

Happy for you re: only the trots. I ate a factory-farmed chicken drumstick in school age 13, & got severe viral illness which is from factory farmed hens that have too much ant-bios. I lost 3 stone & was in hospital for a month. Antother pupil died from the same batch of meat.

Eating even free range red meat causes bowl cancer. Humans have a herbivore digestive tract, the same as all classic herbivores in nature. When we eat red meat it sticks to the gut & causes cancer. Meat is bad for human beings, and steroids& antiobios are strong drugs and meat is full of drugs.

You seem to misunderstand that I was saying ; ideally don't do drugs, but if the Govt. etc are going to lecture they can start by looking @ the drugs that in the supermarket food. I, unlike you, didnt do illegal drugs, but I have had hyperconvulsive epilepsy since I was a little girl & I've taken hard strong chemical drugs every day ~ to stay alive.My legal antiseizures make most street drugs look like aspirin. My point is that pupils at school should get the full story, that illegal drugs are often not as strong as some of the stuff in food.

Sugar. Its in almost everything. It is a refined addictive drug. It is not a food. There is nothing in it that you need, which you wouldnt get from fruit etc. Its just sucrose, a drug. It causes diabetes etc. It kills tens of millions of people. Sugar will not be mentioned in this school report. Because it is a huge corporate leviathan, it is untouchable.So is factory-farmed steroid/antibio meat, a huge vested interest. Hard, damaging drugs & yet not mentioned in any of these lists.

What you say does not make sense: rules on hormones, etc. are much stricter in the European Union than in the United States.

Steroids are not safe, they cause heart problems, seizures, blood plasma problems & more. Factory farmed meat, i.e. what 90% of ppl today eat is full of steroids & antibiotics. Antibiotics interfere with your body's immune system.

Happy for you re: only the trots. I ate a factory-farmed chicken drumstick in school age 13, & got severe viral illness which is from factory farmed hens that have too much ant-bios. I lost 3 stone & was in hospital for a month. Antother pupil died from the same batch of meat.

Eating even free range red meat causes bowl cancer. Humans have a herbivore digestive tract, the same as all classic herbivores in nature. When we eat red meat it sticks to the gut & causes cancer. Meat is bad for human beings, and steroids& antiobios are strong drugs and meat is full of drugs.

You seem to misunderstand that I was saying ; ideally don't do drugs, but if the Govt. etc are going to lecture they can start by looking @ the drugs that in the supermarket food. I, unlike you, didnt do illegal drugs, but I have had hyperconvulsive epilepsy since I was a little girl & I've taken hard strong chemical drugs every day ~ to stay alive.My legal antiseizures make most street drugs look like aspirin. My point is that pupils at school should get the full story, that illegal drugs are often not as strong as some of the stuff in food.

Sugar. Its in almost everything. It is a refined addictive drug. It is not a food. There is nothing in it that you need, which you wouldnt get from fruit etc. Its just sucrose, a drug. It causes diabetes etc. It kills tens of millions of people. Sugar will not be mentioned in this school report. Because it is a huge corporate leviathan, it is untouchable.So is factory-farmed steroid/antibio meat, a huge vested interest. Hard, damaging drugs & yet not mentioned in any of these lists.

Humans and their ancestors have been eating meat for 100,000 years (or 6,000 years if you are Creationist). There is just a bit more junk in the meat we eat today. Just because you got a bad batch one day, doesn't make it all bad.

If we didn't eat meat, we probably wouldn't be where we are today ... ... actually, maybe we shouldn't have started eating meat.

It is a well known fact that the leading cause of death through out the world, is life and the leading cause of cancer is red smarties (M&M's if you don't know what smarties are).

Edited by anotherpeter

In Thailand they mix sugar in anything; even the bread in 7-11 contains sugar.

My Thai wife bakes Belgian style farmer’s bread (flour – water – salt – yeast) and we never drink coke, etc.

Drugs for Children in Schools, Sugar Shortages, the Meking Drying up and half the Country suffering water shortages, Global Warming and all They worry about is this self serving criminal politician and his angy thugs.

No small wonder Thailand remains in the fast lane.

The Media here could do a lot more to help if it focussed less on personalities and more on serious issues.

GO TO this very site mediators and ask them about paragraph 16 of ThaiVisa rules.

We are not allowed to discuss this kind of subversive topics: Drugs, Prostitution, Underage sex,... even Illegal Copies of Clothing/ CD/ DVD, etc.

Things like this are unheard of in this beautiful land of smiles. They do not exist in Thai.

More likely than not this post will be edited. Cheers :)

This is so SAD! Especially the kids who are into drugs and alchol at 7 years of age. But who cares! Who really cares. Nobody! What a failed state Thailand is becoming.

Everybody is more concerned at Thaksin than the kids of tommorow.

People do care but what gets me up is the people on here that support drug use and say there is nothing wrong with a little recreation.

Humans and their ancestors have been eating meat for 100,000 years (or 6,000 years if you are Creationist). There is just a bit more junk in the meat we eat today. Just because you got a bad batch one day, doesn't make it all bad.

If we didn't eat meat, we probably wouldn't be where we are today ... ... actually, maybe we shouldn't have started eating meat.

It is a well known fact that the leading cause of death through out the world, is life and the leading cause of cancer is red smarties (M&M's if you don't know what smarties are).

Humans have indeed eaten meat since the dawn of tool-using humans, @ 100,000+ years depending on what you believe. But monkeys have herbivore digestive system the same as ours and in most cases they are vegan. I think the link from human-monkey is established.

Listing history as an "its ok to do meat" is absurd, humans have also cannibalised & raped & waged genocide since ancient history, it doesn't mean that it is healthy or good for modern society.

This thread is about drugs, and my point regarding drugs in meat still stands , including Europe where hundreds of people including healthy teenagers died of BSE in the 1980s , kids foaming at the mouth as they died in hospital beds & unable to recognise their own parents, all because they ate a European beef standards hamburger. The reason for the super-diseases in modern animals is because we inject them with so many drugs. They become resistant to the drugs, we increase the dose & add more drugs. Meat is full of drugs, and it therefore carries new diseases that did not exist in the meat our ancestors ate.

Growth hormones used in meat, are again strong drugs, and they causes cancer. There is documented scientific proof out there which you can research. The human metabolism is extremely fragile, your hormones govern your nervous system & your brain & your immune system. To eat synthetic growth hormones in your beef burgers etc. is dangerous.

My own view re: drugs, is that you don't need any of them & true happiness comes from within, you can achieve the 'perfect moment' sitting stone-cold sober in the sun with a good book or music w/e.

Edited by ovaltina

Humans have indeed eaten meat since the dawn of tool-using humans, @ 100,000+ years depending on what you believe.

~snip~

My own view re: drugs, is that you don't need any of them & true happiness comes from within, you can achieve the 'perfect moment' sitting stone-cold sober in the sun with a good book or music w/e.

True happiness is eating a medium-rare 1" 12oz steak hanging off both ends of a dinner plate. I ran our family farm, 700 Hereford breeder cows. We used pharmaceuticals only when necessary as do 99% of farmers. They are expensive and reduce returns on investment. Your garb is hysterical and boring. My great grandmother died at 97yrs, my grandmother died 2 years ago at 97 yrs and my mother is very healthy at 73 yrs. All ate meet from an age before they could speak. Everything in moderation. Hard work killed all the men in their 70's!!! Go figure!

...respondents said schools, universities and and academies were a major source of drugs .
Asking about an opinion of possible use, possibly by OTHERS? It doesn't say that 31% admit to using drugs. Doesn't even claim that the 31% estimate is accurate at all.

Tempest in a teapot.

Edited by ding

True happiness is eating a medium-rare 1" 12oz steak hanging off both ends of a dinner plate. I ran our family farm, 700 Hereford breeder cows. We used pharmaceuticals only when necessary as do 99% of farmers. They are expensive and reduce returns on investment. Your garb is hysterical and boring. My great grandmother died at 97yrs, my grandmother died 2 years ago at 97 yrs and my mother is very healthy at 73 yrs. All ate meet from an age before they could speak. Everything in moderation. Hard work killed all the men in their 70's!!! Go figure!

Your post, on the other hand, is very calm & lucid & not boring at all. I'm glad to see a representative of the meat industry here, to argue contrary to all the scientific data on drugs in meat, about factory farmed steroids/ antibiotics/ growth hormones in meat, the same way spokesmen for tobacco & alcohol denied the risks in those products through decades of Legal Actions against them until they were forced to admit that their products are harmful.

The vegetables and pulses we ate in abundance up to two hundred years ago produced large amounts of phytoestrogens in our bodies. In women, these substances elongated and calmed menstrual cycles and, although weaker than human oestrogen, competed with it and helped control its levels. In cancers oestrogen aids the binding of certain cancer chemicals to receptor sites on good cells and this spreads the cancer, whether it be prostate or breast. Phytoestrogens block the attack on these receptor sites.

Waiting for you to address the fact that humans have herbivore digestive systems that are unsuitable for eating even normal, non-drug-soaked meat. Leave aside if you wish the fact that an acre of beans produces 100s of times the amount of protein that an acre of beef produces.Pulses, beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas, etc. were our staple diet, even as late as 1900 we derived 30 per cent of our protein from pulses; now it is less than 2 per cent. That is an example of how much our natural protection has declined.

And don´t forget that the animal fat we eat can bring yet more toxic oestrogens into our bodies. Is it any wonder that vegetarians have half the cancer rates of meat eaters?

Finally our drugs included in our dairy foods, shot full of steroid drugs & growth hormone drugs and antibiotic drugs, and particularly milk; for example in America where dairy herds have growth hormones used more freely, milk contains quite high levels of Insulin Growth Factor (IGF 1), which has been shown to affect insulin, oestrogen and other hormone levels. Some people, for example, the geochemist Professor Jane Plant who overcame her breast cancer through supplementation, diet and giving up dairy completely, argue vociferously against dairy. Certainly, in Swedish studies there appears a direct link between the volume of dairy consumed and the risk of prostate and testicular cancers. If these drug chemicals are in the milk, they are in the meat too.

Bon appetit, jjj.

Your post, on the other hand, is very calm & lucid & not boring at all. I'm glad to see a representative of the meat industry here, to argue contrary to all the scientific data on drugs in meat, about factory farmed steroids/ antibiotics/ growth hormones in meat, the same way spokesmen for tobacco & alcohol denied the risks in those products through decades of Legal Actions against them until they were forced to admit that their products are harmful.

The vegetables and pulses we ate in abundance up to two hundred years ago produced large amounts of phytoestrogens in our bodies. In women, these substances elongated and calmed menstrual cycles and, although weaker than human oestrogen, competed with it and helped control its levels. In cancers oestrogen aids the binding of certain cancer chemicals to receptor sites on good cells and this spreads the cancer, whether it be prostate or breast. Phytoestrogens block the attack on these receptor sites.

Waiting for you to address the fact that humans have herbivore digestive systems that are unsuitable for eating even normal, non-drug-soaked meat. Leave aside if you wish the fact that an acre of beans produces 100s of times the amount of protein that an acre of beef produces.Pulses, beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas, etc. were our staple diet, even as late as 1900 we derived 30 per cent of our protein from pulses; now it is less than 2 per cent. That is an example of how much our natural protection has declined.

And don´t forget that the animal fat we eat can bring yet more toxic oestrogens into our bodies. Is it any wonder that vegetarians have half the cancer rates of meat eaters?

Finally our drugs included in our dairy foods, shot full of steroid drugs & growth hormone drugs and antibiotic drugs, and particularly milk; for example in America where dairy herds have growth hormones used more freely, milk contains quite high levels of Insulin Growth Factor (IGF 1), which has been shown to affect insulin, oestrogen and other hormone levels. Some people, for example, the geochemist Professor Jane Plant who overcame her breast cancer through supplementation, diet and giving up dairy completely, argue vociferously against dairy. Certainly, in Swedish studies there appears a direct link between the volume of dairy consumed and the risk of prostate and testicular cancers. If these drug chemicals are in the milk, they are in the meat too.

Bon appetit, jjj.

Funny but i really dont mind your choosing to be a vegan or vegetarian (assumed). You argument on proteins is utter rubbish. Spend a little time on a farm. Our beef farm could not grow a single once of protein. The none wetting sands of the 90 miles desert are uncapable of producing any legumes except deep routed lucerne (alfalfa). Funny, as this is the perfect cattle food. 1000 grams to Cattle, Zero to and legumes peas/beans/lupins etc............ You may use any info you have selectively from vegan sites, but let's ignore those and have one from your real experience. Then I will happily compare notes.

As for vegetables, well our family grew 70% of our own, my grandmother almost all her own until her last couple of years, sweatpeas being her magic green finger gift for all her grandchildren myself of which I will take to the grave as a beautiful memory. Unfortuneately, if you and your friends are that lazy not to grow your own then I don't think you have the right to complain either. End of story.

As other have mentioned earlier. If your on a mission, learn that the most sinister chemical we consume is sugar. Enjoy!!