6,000 Guns And Explosives Stolen From Thai Army Barracks

webfact

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it was a black-market job. And yet the junta continues to use it to justify harassing the UDD.

Thankfully, they'll have embedded international journalists on the job.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/bangkok-pund...nd-stoking-fear

"It [has been] discovered that the weapons and ammunition have already been moved to areas in Bangkok," the source said. "It is likely they will be used as part of a plot to incite unrest."

"As a result, I ordered all provincial governors to set up checkpoints to search vehicles heading to Bangkok on all routes to prevent the transportation of the stolen weapons into the capital." said Mr Suthep, who oversees security affairs.

Am I stupid or is he (Suthep)?

So it was a black-market job. And yet the junta continues to use it to justify harassing the UDD.

Thankfully, they'll have embedded international journalists on the job.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/bangkok-pund...nd-stoking-fear

"It [has been] discovered that the weapons and ammunition have already been moved to areas in Bangkok," the source said. "It is likely they will be used as part of a plot to incite unrest."

"As a result, I ordered all provincial governors to set up checkpoints to search vehicles heading to Bangkok on all routes to prevent the transportation of the stolen weapons into the capital." said Mr Suthep, who oversees security affairs.

Am I stupid or is he (Suthep)?

Isn't it nice when the pooyai gets caught so obviously screwing up.

Of course, he still isn't sure if he is looking for 6, 60, 600 or 6000. But then maths of course is an issue. Considering that the original number could be 100, 1000 or 1000 in the store, one slip of the finger on the calculator could mean they actually will end up believing they may have had a net gain in the end

Edited by Thai at Heart

Don't shoot the messenger.

Taken from Thai forum and translated into English on another forum that I am not allowed to provide a link to. If you want to search look at the news section of a forum that uses the name of the famous ruins in Cambodia, or imagine you are going 2 a forum in Bangkok.

Anyway, it lists locations of places that someone believes the UDD hardcore factions are going to plant bombs, launch or throw grenades at. Also mentions snipers around skytrain and subway stations, in addition to the 33 listed spots.

Apologies to anyone who feels upset at me posting this or believes it is scare-mongering. As I said, I am just passing on what I have read in another forum. These places may be the same as the 30-40 places the government's intelligence service has mentioned. I really don't know.

1 Supreme Court

2 Criminal Court in Ratchadaphisek ring

3 Bangkok Bank HQ at Silom

4 Bangkok Bank - Nana Branch

5 Kasikorn Thai Bank - Nana Branch

6 Siam Commercial Bank - Ratchayothin HQ and Phetburi HQ

7 Grand Place

8 Siriraj Hospital

9 Major Ratchayothin

10 Big C Rat Boorana - Southern terminal of Chao Phraya express

11 Central World - Main target for looting

12 Central Lad Phrao - Main target for looting

13 Phrannok Market

14 Minburi Market

15 Dao Khanong Market

16 Patthmawikorn Intersection

17 Arun Amarin Intersection

18 Rom Klao intrersection - clowed to Motorway and SUvannabhum

19 Kaset - Nawamin

20 Kaset - Nawamin - Crossing Lad Pla Khao

21 Kaset - Nawamin - Crossing Pradit Manootham road.

22 Nawamin Intesection

23 Sathon Intersection (Narathiwat crossing Siom) - Chong Nonsee

24 Saladaeng Intersection to storm Chulalongkorn Hospital

25 Saphan Kwai Intersection

26 Klong Toei Intersection

27 Ram Khamhaeng road - form Lam Salee to Suwinthawongse

28 Minburi Intersection (Ram Indra Road crossing Suwinthawongse)

29 BMA Office at Giant Swing and Dindaeng

30 Lumphini Park

31 Pathumwan Princess Hotel - MBK

32 Pathumwan Vocation School - MBK

33 Uthenthawai Vocation school & possibly Chulalongkorn U.

Even if these are the places that exist on the list the government has and the UDD did have any intention of sabotage, it is highly unlikely they would be able to successfully storm or launch an attack on more than a few of these places. To successfully attack all 33 places would require an incredibly coherent strategy, a police force in retreat (possible!) and a far greater number of protesters.

Anyway, keep your eyes open and stay safe. Could yet be something or nothing.

It was reported in The Nation this morning that this was not a break in, it was an embezzlement of the weapons over a period of time:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Weapo...n-30124269.html

Or that's the cover up, once they realized how bad it was looking...

Best not to panic the sheeple on the weekend...

It's not a cover up. It was originally reported that 6000 rifles went missing over a period of 20 years. They probably found some record about it and bubbled it out of context. Shortly after the original announcement it was removed from all media.

Taken from Thai forum and translated into English on another forum that I am not allowed to provide a link to. If you want to search look at the news section of a forum that uses the name of the famous ruins in Cambodia, or imagine you are going 2 a forum in Bangkok.

Anyway, it lists locations of places that someone believes the UDD hardcore factions are going to plant bombs, launch or throw grenades at. Also mentions snipers around skytrain and subway stations, in addition to the 33 listed spots.

Apologies to anyone who feels upset at me posting this or believes it is scare-mongering. As I said, I am just passing on what I have read in another forum. These places may be the same as the 30-40 places the government's intelligence service has mentioned. I really don't know.

1 Supreme Court

7 Grand Place

8 Siriraj Hospital

9 Major Ratchayothin

13 Phrannok Market

14 Minburi Market

15 Dao Khanong Market

19 Kaset - Nawamin

22 Nawamin Intesection

30 Lumphini Park

Even if these are the places that exist on the list the government has and the UDD did have any intention of sabotage, it is highly unlikely they would be able to successfully storm or launch an attack on more than a few of these places. To successfully attack all 33 places would require an incredibly coherent strategy, a police force in retreat (possible!) and a far greater number of protesters.

In addition to than a "thankyou" for the headsup, as a question to all, why would a movement with it's roots in the rural areas want to blow up something in Nana? I don't see it somehow, unless they really are trying for citywide panic. Somehow the temperature is rising, and nothing has happened yet.

Very odd selection of places in all reality, since if the warning is real and is out, no one will go, so what exactly does that achieve? A bunch of firecrackers in the traffic jam on Sukhumvit would cause more trouble.

1 Supreme Court

7 Grand Place

8 Siriraj Hospital

9 Major Ratchayothin

13 Phrannok Market

14 Minburi Market

15 Dao Khanong Market

19 Kaset - Nawamin

22 Nawamin Intesection

30 Lumphini Park

In addition to than a "thankyou" for the headsup, as a question to all, why would a movement with it's roots in the rural areas want to blow up something in Nana? I don't see it somehow, unless they really are trying for citywide panic. Somehow the temperature is rising, and nothing has happened yet.

Very odd selection of places in all reality, since if the warning is real and is out, no one will go, so what exactly does that achieve? A bunch of firecrackers in the traffic jam on Sukhumvit would cause more trouble.

I agree. Not much of a strategy to cause chaos if you announce your targets 2-3 days before you attempt to storm or attack somewhere.

Then again there has been a tendency for predictions of trouble to come true lately.

It was very convenient for the banks to be bombed late at night. Very convenient for the grenades launched at Government House to hit the college instead. Very convenient that the bomb in the juice box didn't go off and was defused with a hose! Very convenient that weapons disappeared from the army base in Phattalung but nobody saw anyone take them. Very convenient that 2 people admitted taking part in the Bangkok bombings and quickly told everyone they were red supporters. Very convenient that the government already know where grenades will be thrown.

I am not a Thaksin/red supporter, but increasingly aware of the amount of disinformation and propaganda being pushed out by both sides.

1 Supreme Court

7 Grand Place

8 Siriraj Hospital

9 Major Ratchayothin

13 Phrannok Market

14 Minburi Market

15 Dao Khanong Market

19 Kaset - Nawamin

22 Nawamin Intesection

30 Lumphini Park

Are you questioning the veracity of this report? Sunderland found it on the net. So obviously it is true. The fact that it makes no sense, is not credited, serves to vilify one particular side- is beside the point. It is now in the public realm- hence- true.

"they" as in the majority of demonstrators probably do not want city wide panic. "they" as in the leaders of the reds, would like nothing less than city wide panic. anarchy is what will get them what they want - a chance for their funder to return.

"they" as in the majority of demonstrators probably do not want city wide panic. "they" as in the leaders of the reds, would like nothing less than city wide panic. anarchy is what will get them what they want - a chance for their funder to return.

No. Anarchy will get them another coup=- one even more welcomed by the public- and justified internationally- than the last one. It will be the final evidence that the great unwashed can't be trusted with the precious gift of democracy- or even the right to protest.

Any hope that the Reds have for international sympathy- for victory at the ballot boxes- for the return of Thaksin- will forever be extinguished.

So ask yourself- just who would benefit from this 'anarchy'?

Edited by blaze

No. Anarchy will get them another coup=- one even more welcomed by the public- and justified internationally- than the last one. It will be the final evidence that the great unwashed can't be trusted with the precious gift of democracy- or even the right to protest.

Any hope that the Reds have for international sympathy- for victory at the ballot boxes- for the return of Thaksin- will forever be extinguished.

So ask yourself- just who would benefit from this 'anarchy'?

If a coup arrives, I would suggest Northrup Grummon, BAE Systems and anyone with a chopstick stuck in a salt shaker.

Nestling in the small headlines of the Nation.

Weapons theft in Phatthalung not a break-in but an embezzlement

The stolen weapons in Phatthalung were smuggled out of an Army's arsenal over time but culprits made it appeared like a break-in, Army chief General Anupong Paochinda said on Tuesday.

Anupong vowed to get to the bottom of the matter in order to bring culprits to justice. The theft is seen as an insider job.

"I think the theft involved certain rogue soldiers," Anupong said, hinting at the individual crime and not an arms smuggling ring as previously believed.

The Nation

Corruption and theft in the army? Can't be surely.

The stolen weapons in Phatthalung were smuggled out of an Army's arsenal over time but culprits made it appeared like a break-in, Army chief General Anupong Paochinda said on Tuesday.

Anupong vowed to get to the bottom of the matter in order to bring culprits to justice. The theft is seen as an insider job.

"I think the theft involved certain rogue soldiers," Anupong said, hinting at the individual crime and not an arms smuggling ring as previously believed.

The Nation

Okay, anybody in Thailand remember to look for these goodies? Journalists 3 deep checking out finger pricks, is anybody investigating this? Or asking the military where this stuff is?

1 gun found here. 5,999 still missing.

Ah the peaceful protests of the yellow shirts, strange that people still deny that incidents like this occurred and still claim they yellow protests were peaceful.

This is yellow vs red. Quite different from the current reds vs military/police. Send down a few thousand yellow shirts to face off with the reds and see how peacefully the reds real with that..

it's more sinister than you would expect - it was set up from the very beginning, before bangkok's protests began, to use against those planning to travel to scare them off and those already on the move to search all vehicles, slow them down and wear them off even before they reach the capital.