6,000 Guns And Explosives Stolen From Thai Army Barracks

webfact

were they sold by the barrack's commander to anybody with cash, insurgents or just common criminals?

if it was insurgents surely there would be brake in, damage, several tracks to evacuate armaments and assilants - and there would be a chase after them.

A newly formed People's army??

With the good relations Thaksin is enjoying with Cambodia, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need to steal the weapons from an army base, but could simply smuggle them across the border in the North and North-East. My guess is like many other people's thoughts ..that the government is using this as an excuse to invoke the security act.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's get real here....If 6000 farmers , rice workes and the 2 ugly ones from the Doll House turn up at the rally armed to the teeth then it will be the last rally they ever attend.

There are something like 80,000 soldiers in the Thai Army. It would be like a Sunday golfer taking on Tiger Woods and there would be only one outcome...No more red shirts.

And also no more government, because I don't think that Thais would accept a government that massacred 6000 rice farmers. Common sense, anyone?

Especially with a LOT OF MONEY at hand, this is Thailand after all,

you can BUY a brother, sister and their mother to sleep with if you have

a little cash, and more can get them to all sleep with you together for a night.

This story is about 6,000 weapons that have allegedly been stolen ..and the first thought that comes to your mind is a brother, sister and mother sleeping together with you? Your thoughts are more worrying than the missing 6,000 weapons.

:)

This sounds like a ruse to enable to invoke the internal security act and keep the Red Shirts out of central Bangkok. The easy steps have been taken: banning E-tans from the streets, announcing that any vehicle used as a barracade will be destroyed. Now they have an excuse to search vehicles and individuals and generally harrass participants. The ruling elite are shit scared and its showing! 6,000 weapons just Walking out of a base in Pattalung close to the Southern insurgency problem. yeah right!

What if it's true ?

What if is one of the "rebel" elements in the military who are accused of being "trouble makers" ?

Why is it just the "ruling elite" who should have brown underpants ?

What about the poor Thai citizens who could be wearing more than red "dye" after next weekend's "love in" ?

What credibility would the government have left if they were found to have fabricated such a story?

Why can't it be true, eh ???

Edited by RegularReader

Mr. Panitan said the investigation was focusing on the possibility the theft was “an inside job” and that since the loss, security at other army weapons warehouses, especially in Bangkok, has been tightened

No shit Sherlock.

In other threads I have already said the bombings at the banks, the bomb at the university and the bomb found at the supreme court are the work of people other than the reds, this latest propaganda is just another in a long list of stitch ups, yet people on this forum still argue against this. maybe they can explain just how 6000 guns go walkies from an army barracks, in fact it is easier to explain how they have not gone walkies at all and probably never existed.

What credibility would the government have left if they were found to have fabricated such a story?

Simple math tells me that zero credibility, minus anything, is still zero credibility. So they would still have the same credibility left. Nothing to loose!

I'll add my two cents. In most militaries around the world, including Thailand one would find that arsenals and unit-level armories alike are guarded with not only human guards and intensive physical security systems, but access to them requires layered access measures and penetrating a minimum of triple-lock security. The arms facility itself is locked with more than one ultra high-security lock and the individual weapon racks are also similarly locked. The keys to these facilities are also very carefully secured and controlled. One poster questioned what an engineer unit was doing housing such items. It is engineer units that customarily use military explosives & demolitions in the accomplishment of their unit missions and they indeed maintain stocks for these purposes.

More to the point though...nobody simply strolls into an arms room or arms depot, and walks away casually, or surrepticiously with 6,000 weapons and explosives. Any insurgent-led attempt to do so would be the cause of a major incident that could not be brushed under the rug..nor would it be. This reeks painfully of an inside job. Identifying those persons in the chain of command who are responsible for the security of these missing arms should be a simple matter; they in turn should be publicly named and charges brought against them for high treason to the state. Placed under intensive interrogation the truth would be bound to emerge. This would include unit-level armorers, supply personel and unit commanders all the way up to and including the seniormost general officer placed in a direct leadership role. Something also tells me that all this will never occur. It is a very sad day for the Royal Thai Army.

a little cash, and more can get them to all sleep with you together for a night.

If a few guys on roof tops start picking off either Red Shirts or Army Conscripts,

and there is a grouping of Monks and women in between the two groups...

well this makes for BAD television. Thaksin DESPERATELY needs this kind of

over the top video to rehabilitate himself to the world... at least in his mindset.

who else need that or even more? Who else needs to hide their axx and even more? Was there any Red-shirt in the government stealing sensitive security data?

Mr Illuminati will sure enlighten us. NOT

Seh Daeng is the obvious choice, but I doubt it was him. They've been watching him carefully for quite a while. I don't think he could pull this off.

Without a doubt it would have been someone of very high rank.

This story is about 6,000 weapons that have allegedly been stolen ..and the first thought that comes to your mind is a brother, sister and mother sleeping together with you? Your thoughts are more worrying than the missing 6,000 weapons.

Not at all,

my first thought was: "Morality can be purchased cheaply here!",

and that doesn't stop when a military uniform is purchased.

I just stated a glaring type of example.

Shock value, because at the current juncture

THIS theft is as shocking.

Bringing them in from Cambo would be the obvious choice,

and so it's being watched, from the south is not so obvious.

There is someone just mentioned hanging out under-observed

but sought after, for several days in Hatyai which is next to Patalung.

Training people was the reason given... nice little training exercise if this was it.

Coincidence?

Edited by animatic

This is pretty serious.

Both if Red T-shirts or Muslim insurgents.

6000 assault rifles!!!!

large amount of explosives!!!!

Weapons deposit without serious guards?

Incompetent and inept people.

There is nothing serious about it. Every Government makes Grounds for future happenings and this is a part of this. No one can steal weapons in such huge quantities. Its all about making an stage for up-comming DRAMA.

that hits the point...

In other threads I have already said the bombings at the banks, the bomb at the university and the bomb found at the supreme court are the work of people other than the reds, this latest propaganda is just another in a long list of stitch ups, yet people on this forum still argue against this. maybe they can explain just how 6000 guns go walkies from an army barracks, in fact it is easier to explain how they have not gone walkies at all and probably never existed.

Very knowledgable comments.

It's good to have a poster like you Tony with "inside knowledge".

Jusy one thing - where is your evidence to back up such "enlightening" statements ?

The facts seem to be that there were never 6,000 guns in the first place. Look closely at the army camp in Pattalung it likes like a dump, certainly not a place where lots of weapons and explosives are stored.

Its all a little game dreamed up by the government to frighten people.

The Thais will probably believe the story but when westerners start believing then there's no hope.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WD...1/ai_113764876/

300 weapons stolen from an army weapons depot Narathiwat in February 2004, so perhaps it's a seasonal thing.

6,000 weapons, as someone said earlier, would take quite a bit of organization.

Why do we need Thai Soap dramas on TV? The events that really happen here are far more unbelievable than any writer could ever dream up there is the story of the Amrmy's giant balloon and the fact it doesnt work the army 'loosing' 600 guns you just couldnt invent this stuff. You have to admit there is never a dull moment here! :)

The facts seem to be that there were never 6,000 guns in the first place. Look closely at the army camp in Pattalung it likes like a dump, certainly not a place where lots of weapons and explosives are stored.

Its all a little game dreamed up by the government to frighten people.

The Thais will probably believe the story but when westerners start believing then there's no hope.

Yee of little faith.

You presume the military is 100% loyal to its current leaders...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WD...1/ai_113764876/

300 weapons stolen from an army weapons depot Narathiwat in February 2004, so perhaps it's a seasonal thing.

6,000 weapons, as someone said earlier, would take quite a bit of organization.

Why do we need Thai Soap dramas on TV? The events that really happen here are far more unbelievable than any writer could ever dream up there is the story of the Amrmy's giant balloon and the fact it doesnt work the army 'loosing' 600 guns you just couldnt invent this stuff. You have to admit there is never a dull moment here! :)

Oh! and forgot to mention the bomb detectors that could be replaced by a coin you could flip! I think Thai Visa should seriously invest in some Boiinngggg! sound effects to go with the news stories! :D

were they sold by the barrack's commander to anybody with cash, insurgents or just common criminals?

if it was insurgents surely there would be brake in, damage, several tracks to evacuate armaments and assilants - and there would be a chase after them.

A newly formed People's army??

With the good relations Thaksin is enjoying with Cambodia, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need to steal the weapons from an army base, but could simply smuggle them across the border in the North and North-East. My guess is like many other people's thoughts ..that the government is using this as an excuse to invoke the security act.

Having seen your 'guesses' in the past I can say with finality that this must be something other than what you "guess". :)

If these weapons that are missing are used in BKK or in the South it will be far too embarassing for the army to live down.

Thailand has a history of cracking down hard and it would be totally unacceptable at this point in history to crack down on unarmed protestors. Protestors that were armed on the other hand would not be seen as victims if they were in armed groups. The reds would succeed in bringing down this government if they force that kind of showdown but it would certainly be the end of the red shirts as well, particularly their leadership. Not a scenario I think the reds would want to see come about.

I would like to know how often inventory was taken etc before I would "guess" about how they went missing.

I do remember Sae Daeng being in the next province over from Phattalung not very long ago.

I'm only afraid that this is another insult to the people in the N and the NE mainly created to suppress and keep them down. Has anybody seen riffle wielding farmers train in their fields? If so please come forward.

It can also just be mis-information and no weapons were taken.

Then on the other hand this is Thailand so if they claim 6,000 taken that really means 60,000 taken but not admitting it due to loss of face.

Or:

The 6,000 never were actually in the building but some audit was going to happen and to cover up the missing weapons "they were stolen"

Or:

The sick water buffalo needed them to plant rice...

Excellent post but the point is: "6000 lost weapons is the usual amount every week. Nothing to worry about. Business as usual."

THE SUM OF WITTY SUGGESTIONS - I LIKE THEM ALL.

AS TO THE 'BREAKING NEWS' - IT SIMPLY MUST BE BULLsh-t!!!

WHO DO YOU THINK NEEDS THIS PARTICULAR NEWS AT THIS POINT IN TIME? :D:)

Informed sources claim about 6,000 assault rifles and a large amount of explosives ~~~ was only discovered on Tuesday.

Mr. Panitan said the investigation was focusing on the possibility the theft was "an inside job" ~~~~

Nah, ya don't say?

~~~ said the Army had no such intelligence.

This should read the Army had no intelligence (whatsoever). Turn the lights off Bruce, there's no one here! This is priceless.

:D:D:D

One has to be rational about this, you cannot distance the military, the police or any other agency from the political movements. Army and police ranks are made up of sympathizers of both red and yellow shirts.

You only need one of them to decide that the arms will better serve the people in the hands of their political faction than the army and you have a situation on your hands.

Let's say 6,000 weapons could be hand carried - how many men would it take?

OR

Let's say they were containerised - in pallet boxes, how many pallets?

OR

Forgetting the explosives - not quantified - it would take a small convoy and a lot of manpower no?

Methinks someone is telling 'porky pies' here or this is deliberate misinformation. If it is true, then fire then general all the way down to the private and then hold them accountable financially as well.

However, all will be revealed in the fullness of time - as always. Did any one check under the doormat for the plane from North Korea or the air crew that were released last week without being charged?

An army of red Taxi were summoned by cell phone in a matter of minutes (Like ant's) everything was moved into Bangkok. No wait its like in catch 22 they made a deal with the Germans to bomb the airfield at 11PM to cover up the black market activity. Which sounds more likely?

Too early to jump to Conclusions:

can be anything from real threat to bad accounting and even a pretext to introduce ISA.... Let us see

Either way it makes the military and government of this country (on top of all the other fiascos) the biggest jokes on the planet.

I would like to know how often inventory was taken etc before I would "guess" about how they went missing.

I do remember Sae Daeng being in the next province over from Phattalung not very long ago.

So the dogs looking for the buried bones kinda situation? lol

can be anything from real threat to bad accounting and even a pretext to introduce ISA.... Let us see

Either way it makes the military and government of this country (on top of all the other fiascos) the biggest jokes on the planet.

It certainly makes the military look bad, but it doesn't do much damage to this goverment unless they get used and it causes a reprisal/crackdown.

6,000 weapons and explosives takes an entire convoy of trucks to move around. You can't fit 6,000 weapons and explosives in the back of a rice farmer's pickup truck and put a blanket over it. Someone would have seen something. And if nobody saw anything, then it probably never happened. It's easier to say that 6,000 weapons that never existed were stolen, than to actually steal 6,000 weapons.

6,000 weapons and explosives takes an entire convoy of trucks to move around. You can't fit 6,000 weapons and explosives in the back of a rice farmer's pickup truck and put a blanket over it. Someone would have seen something. And if nobody saw anything, then it probably never happened. It's easier to say that 6,000 weapons that never existed were stolen, than to actually steal 6,000 weapons.

There are a lot of assumptions being made. This report is most likely from an audit, and the bottom line was some 6000 weapons and other items are missing. Probably due to several individual misappropriations over the years.

I bet they conclude that the only thing misplaced is a decimal point.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Very knowledgable comments.

It's good to have a poster like you Tony with "inside knowledge".

Jusy one thing - where is your evidence to back up such "enlightening" statements ?

Do you have evidence to prove otherwise?

Also I never claimed to have "inside knowledge", I have an opinion based on the events that have occurred. Sorry if they don't fit in with your guesswork.

This is the level of security a GENERAL can get past quietly,

understand totally, and know how to circumvent quietly.

a little cash, and more cash can get them to all sleep with you together

for a night and make merit in the morning and forget it happened...

5,000+ cash can get someone killed...

Not much can't be bought here for the right amounts.

'Cash is King' here and Thaksin has been topping up the troupes lately.

So how much for an Issan draftee or non-com or 2nd Lui to look away

when a full general tells you to? With the added promise of reassignment

OUT OF THE DEEP SOUTH. Pretty easy to get someone young and stupid

to go for that deal I suspect. Especially if it matches your politics back home.

Now add a dozen soldier driven military vans to run up some sniper ordinance and explosives,

with the rest to come 'guarded' by soldiers with written orders in uniform...

If a few guys on roof tops start picking off either Red Shirts or Army Conscripts,

and there is a grouping of Monks and women in between the two groups...

well this makes for BAD television. Thaksin DESPERATELY needs this kind of

over the top video to rehabilitate himself to the world... at least in his mindset.

A certain General seems nutty and desperate enough to try this, an old school guerrilla fighter,

if past actions are read properly, possessing has no compunctions whatsoever.

I pray my reading of this is wrong and it IS just coincidental...

It nice of you to post your day dreams but that's all they are - day dreams. The truth is nobody yet knows the truth of the matter and possibly never will. However, I will admit that your ramblings would make an excellent plot for a paperback so keep it up you might be published one day.

A large quantity of explosives makes a lot of bombs doesn't it?

The Engineers either blow up things or defuse bombs don't they?

To defuse bombs they have to find / detect them don't they?

Don't they have good bomb detectors as has been stated by the army?

The missing explosives are another indication that the current bomb detectors don't work.